• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samoa Joe to replace Abyss?

dwith73

Occasional Pre-Show
I think this sunday's ppv lockdown will have the return od Samoa Joe to take Abyss' spot on Hogan's Team. I think that would be a great return for him, and would be a awesome face push for him. That would also put him right back into the world title hunt again if AJ is defeated sunday.
Let me know your prediction's on Samoa Joe's return

That'd actually be really cool, and it would work givin Abyss being "hit by a car" on iMPACT. Hopefully, Abyss is gone for a while anyway.

This may actually pan out, and I wouldn't mind. Storm beats RVD so the heels enter in first. While the 5 heels are beating down on the 4 faces it comes time for Abyss to enter but Joe does instead. Nothing too original, but classic return.

Personally, I would have him appear mid-way through the match, come to the ring, rip open the door and destroy absolutely EVERYONE. Make him the monster he should be. He could really be a Stone Cold type bad-ass given the right booking. Let him be himself. Let him be the monster Samoa Joe.

if it was up to me i would have joe come in during lethal lockdown at the end of the match either right before or after the finish. have him come in and destroy everyone heels faces EVERYONE then at the main event flair interferes in the title match then hogan does then you have pope and styles doing a face off same for hogan and flair then here comes joe again he destroys hogan pope flair. as soon as he goes after aj lights go out and then the light turn back on and its sting and joe in the ring starring each other down then comes aj with the belt and goes to hit joe joe ducks and it hits sting aj turns aroung and joe does his finisher and it finishes the ppv

OMG YES!! Abyss is f***ing annoying and idk what hogan see's in him. Samoa Joe on the other hand is an ass kicking samoa, and well, kicks ass xD That HOF ring should be on his finger.

It would be great and make total sense. So Hogan wont let that happen his ego is to big to admit Abyss isn't working as the top babyface.

I think this is just the dream of a fanboy who hates Hogan (and yes, I think Abyss sucks as well). Joe more than likely will not replace Abyss.

Hogan's an old school guy, and this is an old school angle. Abyss gets hit by car. Abyss finds the strength deep within his soul, blah blah blah. Makes a brave return, just a week later, to help Team Hogan get the big win.

I think that's the way this is being set up. This could be a last ditch effort by Hogan to get Abyss over as the top babyface in TNA. Will it work? No. As if Abyss didn't have enough problems before, he now looks like Hogans toy. But then again, how does this not work? Abyss gets huge pops in the impact zone, and that translates well to television (even though there are less than 1,000 people in that place). We are the only ones really bitching about Abyss.

I hope Joe comes back, kicks ass, etc. But I just don't think Hogan and company have any reason, right now, to give up on Abyss. I don't like what they're doing with him, and neither do a lot of you. But I highly doubt Hogan pays attention to the IWC. I think Abyss makes a big return (ok, it's not big, but to Hogan it is), and takes out Team Flair...Hulk Hogan style.

They should drag this on like they dragged on the Stone Cold car hit. There can be many possibilities. It could be Hogan :O or It could be Flair or Bischoff, or Samoa himself or anyone they want really. Give the angle some life.

Now too all the Abyss haters. Im not a big fan of him really either but admit this, it did make u care about him more after all these promos with Hogan and all.

TNA and Hogan (like he said) are giving life to many current characters. AJ has gotten a different look at late, they need to push him more. I say add a meaner face to him (like HHH is) and Beer Money are on the map again (Roode soo deserves main event fights I feel) and The Pope is a good push too.

I would totally mark out for this. I think the new Abyss is really shoved down our throats. He makes me more sick than John Cena. His gimmick is awful. I dont understand. Joe NEEDS to be a monster. I agree with the previous post that he needs to be a monster again. Once he hits TNA he needs to be killin fools left and right. Lockdown would be the perfect time. If he replaced Abyss, Im afraid that Joe would be associated with Hogan which can't happen! Joe needs to be his own man. Joe can be like a Goldberg... His look isn't completely there, but his whole persona is pretty bad ass.

No, Joe should not replace Abyss, I would Rather him come back while Team Flair is cutting a Promo, and then beat the shit out of them, Samoa Joe doesn't need to be with other people, let him be by himself and rip people apart, it would be abosolutely fucked up if they take him back and he is with a group of people, just let him beat the fuck out of the roster, monster enough, I think so.

I don't see anything you guys have said so far happening. Chances are, Samoa Joe is gonna return on the side of whoever wins the Storm/RVD match. Storm wins, Joe comes back as a heel. RVD wins, Joe comes back as a face and kicks everyone's ass.

As for him replacing Abyss, not likely. I see Abyss making a heroic recovery just in time to run down and save the match just before the cage roof is lowered

If TNA did the smart thing, they would have Joe come out and just be badass and destroy people for no reason other then destroying people for fun. I say he destroys everyone in Lethal Lockdown and then appears again after AJ vs Pope and crushes them both and instantly injects himself into the title picture regardless of who wins.

like i said before: Joe has been repackaged so many times and so fast that bringing him back and instantly putting him in the world title picture wouldn't be the smartest move, i'm actually a big fan of Joe, but i think that what he needs is a slow build up in his way back to the top.
starting by bringing him back when no one could see that comming and start by challenging the Global champion (who of course, should be a heel) to a one on one macth at the upcomming PPV and win it, that would benefit both Joe (who right now deserves a belt but needs to build up his way back in the world title picture) and the Global championship (a popular champion like Joe can elevate the belt to more prestige), then be a fighting champion and keep it for quite some months, then lose it to a worthy heel by getting interrupted by a main event heel (Anderson, Wolfe, Abyss if he ever turns heel again), have a feud for a 4 month period and, going back to the world title picture and eventually winning the belt at a major PPV

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back