Sami Zayn: Will He Go To The Main Roster Or Return To NXT?

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
Sami-Zayn-NXT-645x370.jpg

One of the best exports of Canada is, without a doubt, Sami Zayn. Currently the former El Generico is sidelined with an injury and the last we've heard, his return was scheduled to happen at the end of the year. Before he got the word that he needed a break, Zayn was involved in some of the hottest acts in WWE/NXT. Working not only alongside Kevin Owens for the biggest prize in NXT, but also paving the way for a program with John Cena (where he got injured if I remember correctly).

Now, wrestling rules dictate that Sami Zayn will return to get payback. Kayfabe-wise it was Kevin Owens who got him injured, so if all the stars are aligned, there is a small chance these two could be fighting for the Intercontinental Championship in the near future. However, NXT's been Sami Zayn's home. He got to the top and he was quickly thrown to the side without really having a run as the top champion of said brand.

I was thinking what would be the best scenario for Sami Zayn to return, and as much as I would love to see Zayn vs. Balor/Apollo/Joe/Crowe (etc) I think that a re-ignite of the feud with Owens would be the best thing for his career. But what you guys think? How should he return?

It depends on Kevin Owens. Owens vs. Zayn has been a natural feud which can never get old and people would never get tired of it. By the time Zayn returns, I see Owens on the main roster.

Though, I don't want Zayn to ascend too far too soon. NXT has been his ground. A place he is loved. A place he is looked up to. Zayn, Owens, Bayley, Sasha and some others define NXT and are a prime reason for its success. While they would become bigger stars but, NXT would be their home.

When Neville returned to NXT two weeks ago, the reaction he got was insane. I was just blown away by the reaction. Neville did go on the main roster but he hasn't done something noteworthy. And yet, the NXT crowd ate it up.

Logically, there is no other option for Zayn than feud Owens. Owens was the one to injure Zayn and the feud can be rekindled anytime. I'm always ready for a Zayn vs. Owens feud.

He had a match with John Cena too. So, there can be a face vs. face feud too in Cena vs. Zayn. So, there are two possible feuds in my opinion upon Zayn's return.

I think he comes back on the main roster and is instantly involved with Owens. After Zayn got injured in the match against Cena they purposefully put him in a match with Owens with the intent being that Owens was the one to injure him. It would only make sense that once Zayn returns he looks to get revenge against Owens. Now I haven't heard anything of late, but the original timelines had Zayn out till the end of the year. If that holds then it would be a perfect setup for Zayn to be a surprise entrant at the Rumble and toss Owens over the top. That would then lead to either a 1 on 1 match or some sort of tag or multi man match involving the 2 at Mania.

They have options with him. A feud with Owens makes obvious sense so that's a plus for the main roster, on the other hand after that he might get lost in the shuffle similar to how Neville is now. On NXT he never got the "top of the mountain" run Neville, Owens and other champs had as he was always the underdog chasing. It wouldn't be so bad for him to spend some real time as NXT champ to help rebuild the momentum he lost during his injuries, especially if Balor gets called up and there'll be a need for a top face anyway.

I wouldn't mind if Zayn went straight to the main roster to feud and get revenge on Owens but if he returned to his home at NXT I would only be satisfied if he were to become the first 2x NXT champion. I think it would be an accomplishment that would set him apart from other nxt greats.

In my opinion, he'll be on the main roster; his US title match with Cena during the US Open Challenge was probably the signal that he'd be moved to the main roster shortly thereafter.

I think the bigger problem facing Zayn could be perception of him being injury prone; I'm not saying that he is or anything, but I'd be surprised if a few honchoes in WWE management weren't wondering if he is. After all, like Daniel Bryan, unfortunately, Zayn has suffered a couple of injuries since signing with WWE that've resulted in him being out of action for months at a time. He's been out for most of 2015 and I haven't read anything as of late suggesting as to when he might return. Zayn's only 31 years old, but he's wrestled all over the world in a very physically demanding style like Daniel Bryan has and there's the possibility that it's in the process of taking its toll.

I think Zayn will return to NXT. This way we have Zayn, Breeze, Itami, and Balor at the top of the card. I think Samoa Joe will make his main roster debut at the Royal Rumble. I would have Joe enter the Rumble. Eliminate Big Show and immediately build a WM 32 program around the 2. Leading into the Rumble have Big Show keep yelling at the Universe "You want me to retire? Find someone to retire me, then." Joe comes out and they go at it in the rumble. Show thinks that he's eliminated Joe, but Joe escapes and rallies to eliminate Show. Then, build the program from there.

He should go back to NXT. The main roster is overflowing with talent and every spot needs to be earned. Sami Zayn tore his shoulder walking to the ring. He needs to prove he can make it in WWE's minor league before he gets brought up to the majors.

Sami should go back to NXT for a little while, get the rust out and win the NXT title for a second time like know one else has done.
If he does happen to come up bring him up as an entrant in the 2016 Royal Rumble. He can eliminate Kevin Owens and continue there feud for the Intercontinental Title only this time they are up in the big leagues. There match can be at Wrestlemania for the title.
If they are worried about injuries put him back down in NXT, wait til Daniel Bryan gets the o.k. and make Sami and Daniel a tag team. The two of them can help each other, both would not wrestle as much because they are in a tag match.

There's good arguments to be made for him returning to the main roster or NXT. The KO feud has been stated. He has unfinished business with the NXT title, but that business largely infringes on that title plus revenge on Owens. A main roster feud with KO for the IC title covers those bases.

For those worried about his injury prone status, I say hold off returning him until after Survivor Series. Dirt sheet reports show him returning October, but I'd hold off. That leaves 3 PPVs for Ryback vs Owens to have a rubber match and end. Let Zayn put some time in at the performance centre, work with the green horns and make sure he's trained up for max in ring shape.

Zayn does run the risk of getting lost in the shuffle, there are an over abundance of baby faces. Both NXT and the main roster need heels, and NXT needs a top heel. I'm not suggesting turn Zayn heel, but it could be considered. They'd have to radically change his character and entrance music though to get heat.

There are other more logical characters to turn heel though. Zayn will return to the main roster where he belongs and feud with Kevin Owens, likely over the IC title taking the place of the NXT title. It just makes sense, wwe can barely manufacture that kind of good logical storytelling. This will open the gate for others to turn heel. Ambrose or Reigns and Ziggler would be my two choices for a heel turn. And in NXT, someone took out Hideo Itami, and it won't be a main roster talent, looking at you Balor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back