• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RVD And Sting should have happened before RVD/AJ.

Kaelthes

The King Of Chaos
[YOUTUBE]wrtC7y4cX1M&feature=fvsr[/YOUTUBE]

Well, if you watched maybe the first three minutes of this you would see that on his debut night RVD won the match against Sting, but then Sting beat on RVD with his bat. Now if I can right, RVD went on to feud with AJ styles first. That lasted quite a while, and quite frankly I found it boring and stale after a while. NOW I am not here to complain like some people about how RVD cannot feud with anyone after Sting. Im here to say that Sting Vs. RVD should have been first to feud. that way they could have feuded at Sacrifice. (Is that was last one, it may have been Locdown, but i'm not sure, ANYWAY they could have feuded at the last paper view.

After feuding with AJ he went to Sting. Alright that is fine, but would it look better had RVD had a title run against sting at first? This would give him the look to be able to beat a legend, AND than he could have feuded AJ. Would this make enough time for TNA to find a new rival for him? If so, would the TNA WHC be in better shape?

Well, I wouldn't of put the belt on RVD that quickly. Even if Sting had the title, and RVD beat him. RVD would of been the World Champ in a 6 month period instead of 3... Anyway, it still makes their title look weak.

The title of TNA could look stronger if it had wrestlers gain number 1 contender status in a tougher way. Right now, they are doing internet rankings. I don't like this concept because it puts the fans "incharge" of who gets the shot. It's a cheap interactive idea to get fans involved.

Even Jeff Hardy shouldn't even be put in the number one contender's list. It makes the product look weak. A big time free agent comes in, and gets the spotlight. It should be slowly earned, then get a title shot. It makes the show seem more realistic.

Not also that, but TNA has put titles on anyone there in TNA. Mick Foley has maybe wrestled 5 matches this decade, and he got a title run. Kevin Nash has horrific gray hair, and he has a title run. It's just TNA's problem. They find a big name in the business, and put them in the main event spot hoping they will break into the promise land.

Well what would you do in their shoes? TNA's trying as hard as they can to get viewers, even putting Hardy on TV. I would've stopped watching TNA after a while if they didn't do something. Yeah, I'm glued to Samoa Joe, Sting, AJ Styles, and Amazing Red, but there's no problem with guys like Angle, Nash, Hall, Booker, Steiner, Morgan, all the WWE rejects out there... There's nothing wrong with putting those guys as Champions. I honestly think that RVD is the strongest possible champion right now, and his feud with the Stinger is gonna be a chance to strengthen the title. AJ wouldn't be able to feud with Sting cause both he and Sting are heels. Had AJ turned on Flair, then it would've been ok, but creative felt Sting vs RVD would have been great and I honestly feel that it's pretty good.

I think it would have worked out perfectly if the feud happened first, but I think Sting was injured when he came back, so he couldn't wrestle. In the long run it doesn't matter because either Hogan or Jarrett is going to have their part in this match tonight anyways

I believe, as the poster above stated, Sting was injured.

Think about the outcomes of their first match though, RVD went strongly over a former champ while Sting was built as a major heel- it did everything that was needed.

As for his first month TNA decided to give Beer Money the rub from RVD and Jeff Hardy (fantastic if it had worked) which led to the Flair and Hogan teams at lethal lockdown. AJ Styles wasn’t even in this match but Sting was.

You have to also remember that at the time of RVD’s title win TNA were trying to compete with WWE in the ratings.

They brought in RVD who still has some relevance to WWE (being champ 4 years ago and a recent RR appearance); RVD also had that whole 'ECW- One Night Stand' anti-Cena stigma attached to him.

Personally I believe they only gave the belt to RVD (and so soon) because of the volcano. They jumped on an opportunity that people might watch TNA instead of WWE because of the stranded WWE talent, thus viewers seeing everyone’s beloved anti-Cena RVD winning TNA's top title.

It was basically TNA's way of saying "Who needs Cena? Are you sick of WWE? We've got RVD! He's our whole F'N show!"

I also think TNA has grossly misjudged who makes up the majority of RAW's ratings nowadays, therefore targeting the wrong market share, but this is off topic.

Also they had to have RVD feud with the champion he had just beaten; otherwise it would have dumped all over AJ’s TNA legacy.

I could understand the argument if you had suggested a Sting feud straight off the bat instead of the Beer Money, The Band and Team Hogan stuff.

Perhaps they were going for an RVD vs Sting feud next BUT because of the volcano opportunity changed their minds.

I believe, as the poster above stated, Sting was injured.

Think about the outcomes of their first match though, RVD went strongly over a former champ while Sting was built as a major heel- it did everything that was needed.

As for his first month TNA decided to give Beer Money the rub from RVD and Jeff Hardy (fantastic if it had worked) which led to the Flair and Hogan teams at lethal lockdown. AJ Styles wasn’t even in this match but Sting was.

You have to also remember that at the time of RVD’s title win TNA were trying to compete with WWE in the ratings.

They brought in RVD who still has some relevance to WWE (being champ 4 years ago and a recent RR appearance); RVD also had that whole 'ECW- One Night Stand' anti-Cena stigma attached to him.

Personally I believe they only gave the belt to RVD (and so soon) because of the volcano. They jumped on an opportunity that people might watch TNA instead of WWE because of the stranded WWE talent, thus viewers seeing everyone’s beloved anti-Cena RVD winning TNA's top title.

It was basically TNA's way of saying "Who needs Cena? Are you sick of WWE? We've got RVD! He's our whole F'N show!"

I also think TNA has grossly misjudged who makes up the majority of RAW's ratings nowadays, therefore targeting the wrong market share, but this is off topic.

Also they had to have RVD feud with the champion he had just beaten; otherwise it would have dumped all over AJ’s TNA legacy.

I could understand the argument if you had suggested a Sting feud straight off the bat instead of the Beer Money, The Band and Team Hogan stuff.

Perhaps they were going for an RVD vs Sting feud next BUT because of the volcano opportunity changed their minds.

Well, I think you are off with the anti cena. only because people love him, only a few people would care to watch TNA if cena was stranded. Plus he was still put on the TV...

Well, I think you are off with the anti Cena. Only because people love him, only a few people would care to watch TNA if Cena was stranded. Plus he was still put on the TV...

What other reason would TNA make RVD their champ, on air at the same time as RAW, other than to directly compete with WWE?

As for the anti-Cena (and anti-WWE) stigma I was talking about see One Night Stand 2006.

And as we all know Cena gets a lot of boos from smarks.

Just because I theorise the reasons behind TNA's decisions, doesn’t mean TNA are right for making them.

Back to your topic: Do you think using RVD to give the rub to Beer Money was worth it? Did you think his participation in Team Hogan was enjoyable? All opposed to an immediate Sting feud?

As I said I think it would have been worth the rub if it had worked, but personally I think Beer Money were credible enough already amongst TNA fans and are still unknown to everyone else.

Seeing RVD at Lockdown twice in one night was fun, but perhaps a singles Sting feud (injury permitted) might have been better to build RVD for facing Styles. This is mostly because RVD's title push looked a bit rushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back