• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RVD and Sabu?

jccool420

JC CooL 420
It seems like they are teasing someone in EV2 turning on RVD and joining Fourtune and Immortal...

Sabu and Raven were both accused and I've seen people in other threads suggest that there will be a Sabu and Rvd program in the future... I really hope it's not Sabu...

Sabu had a great match with RVD at HardCore Justice but that was an ECW style match and it seemed like both guys had to really work hard to make that match what it was... Sabu has been getting worse with every appearance since HJ... He is old and beat up, I respect the guy but he shouldn't wrestle more than once every 3 months, if that...

Raven would be a cool idea... I just couldn't see him in Fourtune unless he ended up being alligned with Abyss, that would be pretty cool... But, other than that he wouldn't fit into Fourtune or Immortals... Or it may be a one time payment fee kind of thing... Whatever...

Who I think it is...

Tommy F'n Dreamer! He's been the biggest face of the group and he's kissed Fourtune and Hogan's ass on many occassions... He was the first guy I thought of... It just seems like it has Bischoff and nWo written all over it...

Thoughts?

I'd like to see it be Rhino. he is like the only one in EV2.0 who should be wrestling on a full time basis anymore. he wouldn't be main event, but someone who could be a beast.
he reminds me of Scott Norton who was one of the first group of wrestlers to join onto nWo.

Rhino and Raven would be the only logical Choice. Though i don't believe i would enjoy anymore rvd/rhino or rvd/raven matches in tna. But i really hope they don't do sabu vs rvd again.

at this point, the only thing i know is that i doubt it will be sabu, if only because they played down the two's tag team history this week on impact!

if it was sabu, i have no doubt that they would have waxed poetic on the former tag team that was poised to take the ecw's tag titles (do not forget, they were poised to be ecw's big breakout tag team when rvd's broken leg made paul put the dudleys in that spot, instead) but they chose to barely mention it

of course, that could be sabu's angle....rvd betrayed the team by getting injured. ok. i give up...nevermind.

tommy dreamer is a good idea. but only because of the reasons you stated above, not because it would spawn a good feud. i hope it's rave....or kendrick.

or kendrick? hmmmm....

Rhino would be cool... Him and RVD would probably have a pretty decent hardcore match at a PPV... Not much payoff afterwards unless Rhyno was used as a thug in Immortal which is already crowded...

Another Idea I was thinking of is...

Jerry Lynn

They were supposed to have their last match at HJ but Lynn had some trouble with his back... What if he's healed up and Bischoff brings him in to face RVD at a PPV... Lynn and RVD both said they would love to do the match when Lynn got better... I'm sure if it was him, it would just be a one time thing with Bischoff bringing him in to try and take out RVD...

Personally I think it's just a tease. If not then you have to think like TNA. One of the Dudley's maybe if not both? They're talking retirement and I could see a swerve involved. I really can't see why they'd be needed since they got Beer Money but the retirement still smells funny.

When it comes to who Immortal needs out of the group, that's easy. Raven. They need to get him involved with Jeff Hardy's heel turn so he can help develop the character. Hardy will put his own personal twist on the character of course but Raven would be the perfect mentor to point him in the right direction. This is definitely the most obvious choice since TNA has a history of using mentors for developing characters. They also have the back story of Raven attacking Dreamer as soon as he started the ECW thing. If I wasn't so lazy I'd look back at the ECW vs Fourtune match and see what Raven did. TNA likes to drop hints.

Personally I think it's just a tease. If not then you have to think like TNA. One of the Dudley's maybe if not both? They're talking retirement and I could see a swerve involved. I really can't see why they'd be needed since they got Beer Money but the retirement still smells funny.

When it comes to who Immortal needs out of the group, that's easy. Raven. They need to get him involved with Jeff Hardy's heel turn so he can help develop the character. Hardy will put his own personal twist on the character of course but Raven would be the perfect mentor to point him in the right direction. This is definitely the most obvious choice since TNA has a history of using mentors for developing characters. They also have the back story of Raven attacking Dreamer as soon as he started the ECW thing. If I wasn't so lazy I'd look back at the ECW vs Fourtune match and see what Raven did. TNA likes to drop hints.

Yea, in other threads I suggested the same things... I even thought that They could be Raven and some other guys... Because Raven was absent a lot during the EV2 beatdowns and he was even teaming up with Abyss right before the HardCore Justice PPV...

I would love to see Raven in the Immortals... He would be a great mentor to Hardy and Abyss... Sick promos...

I just don't know if I see TNA going that route... Dreamer seems like an obvious choice to me...

Just like Reds, I hope it's actually no one.

1. Immortal doesn't actually need more members right now.

2. Even if they did, they need no one from EV2.

3. The only way I'd accept a new applicant/membership is a la false pretense. Invite a guy to help destroy your enemy, then destroy him, too. Let Rhino (or whoever) join, only to also be beaten down and told he's not part of the future.

Stevie Richards!!!

This guy currently is the lackey. Bisch and Hogan would Remember when he was this lackey getting beat on by Raven in WCW. B/H would remind him of the time he lead his own group, and how he stepped out of the shadow of others to be his own man. They will promise him immortality and for a guy like Stevie, who many won't remember anyways after EV 2.0. He will be IMMORTAL.

He played Abyss's doctor, and Bisch could say "who was feeding this to abyss, making sure his mind was right for us? None other than Stevie Richards.

It could happen.

Is it simply paranoia or not? There are plenty of possibilities that are worthwhile IMO, although Sabu is not one of them. Foley is the one I wonder about. There were plenty of those if you watched closely moments about him but recently they seem to have made it more unlikely by having him fight it out Flair. Raven would fit but I doubt they would use the spot on him. Kendrick in and Doug Williams out might be interesting, although I think I see them saving Kendrick for the eventual face group. Love the idea of the Jerry Lynn match happening, but do not really see how that would be part of this storyline. Tommy Dreamer I think could be interesting enough to work but would actually probably fall flat because I am not sure if Dreamer is that over in TNA. I'd like to see the story where RVD's paranoia drives several EV2 members out. I think it would be entertaining either way it ended, with or without a mole.

I just think That Bischoff is trying to make RVD paranoid. Immortal does not need anymore members in the group as they have enough people. If someone were to actually join I would have it be Rhyno or Raven, but hopefully doesn't happen either.

I think it's just little more than a ploy. It's not at all uncommon in storylines like this for the heel faction to plant seeds of doubt within the opposition. Even though Immortal & Fortune are still, technically speaking, seperate factions at this point, they're still heavily aligned at this point and don't need other members.

When I look at EV2.0, I don't exactly see anyone that's going to bring much of anything to the group. Rhino, Stevie Richards, Sabu, Raven & Tommy Dreamer represent mediocrity at its finest. I've little doubt that someone somewhere suspects that TNA could eventually pull a swerve and have RVD himself become a member of the group even though it'd make no sense whatsoever.

Raven would be the only logical choice too move Jeff to a real dark place. Sabu,,,looks like a cancer patient that need to wrap the thing around his head, not his waist. Could see Dreamer, Rhyno, Stevie staying with EV2. Keeping Sabu there anywhere but the ring TNA might as well team up McJames up with the Deaner,,well at least he had the comic timing like E.Y...Would you rather see Deener cat callin MCD, and chasing her around or EY-OJ..Hell rather go back to Sharkboy3:16 than that crap.

why do people think Immortal does not need more people?
Immortal= Hogan, Bischoff, Hardy, Jarrett, Abyss. that's 5, 3 wrestlers at best.
Immortal does not include Fortune.
Fortune= Flair, Styles, Kazarian, Roode, Storm, Morgan, Williams.
maybe Immortal AND Fortune don't need more heels on their side, but do you think Fortune really lasts long together with Immortal? I think it's only a matter of time before Immortal vs Fortune.
according to Bischoff what got Flair to get on board with Immortal in the takeover against Dixie was when Dixie said that EV2.0 was to the 90's what Hogan/Flair were to the 80's. at least it seems that's what Bischoff told Fortune, but the clip they showed on ReAction with Dixie in the ring talking to EV2.0 she actually said EV2.0 was to the 90's what Hogan was to the 80's and never even mentioned Flair. Immortal could add more people or even have more people in place to add and then they could turn on Fortune because they would no longer be needed as they were only useful to takeover.
speaking of Fortune, I still don't buy Williams in the group. he doesn;t fit the image of everyone else in the group.
speaking of Kendrick. he seems like a good little wrestler and maybe someone TNA could use in the opening half of Impact in wrestling matches, but he also seems boring and should not be in any major type angles.

I definitely agree that Immortal doesn't need more people. It actually wouldn't be a great decision to add a few more. But I want this Antichrist Hardy thing to work as well as it can and I think it would be better if Raven was giving Hardy pointers even if it's behind the scenes. I've never been a huge Raven fan like a lot of people around here, but I loved WCW and I liked Raven. The fact of the matter is Jeff Hardy is trying to go for this poetic heel gimmick and no one's done it better than Raven.

If Raven did align with Immortal I wouldn't have him with Abyss at all like people keep saying. Abyss just received a years worth of credibility so he's straight. I'd have a mysterious relationship with Hardy and Raven with just whispers here and there while Raven kept himself distanced from the rest of The Immortals. Raven doesn't have to wrestle to be involved. He doesn't even actually have to be a part of the stable. Heel stables exaggerate and they'd call him a member either way.

I actually believe the point of this angle is for RVD's paranoia to seperate him from EV2.

Let's look at it like this: Joe refuses to accept any help and is going it alone. Nash and Sting left Pope so he is alone as well. Anderson didn't trust anyone but Hardy, who screwed him, so now he is alone. Angle seems to currently be temporarily out of the picture. Finally, amongst the remaining babyface main-eventers, you have RVD; if you can create a story-arch that causes a wedge between him and his friends you have effectively created a climate where every major face is going it solo against a very large heel faction that has all of the power. That seems to be the direction they are aiming for.

Frankly, this is a direction that has potential staying power- a bunch of talented and over babyfaces with strong personalities going it alone, and being held down by a group of strong heels that represent the powers that be. This is also a story direction that, when booked correctly, has the ability to allow "super-babyfaces" to emerge. By that, I mean- often in this scenario an already over face becomes so over that he transcends the promotion and becomes the face of the company(think: Austin vs. the Corporation or Goldberg vs. NWO).

If this story is the case it could stretch on for a while, until the faces finally have to band together(perhaps Kurt Angle could be the one to get them all on the same page).

If anyone from EV 2.0 joins Immortal, it has to be Raven, simply as a way of allowing Jeff Hardy to learn from the master and develop his heel persona with Raven acting as his sick and twisted mentor. It would be fantastic and could really help Hardy develop his promo skills and really grow into his role, for which Raven would have been perfect for a few years ago in his prime.

Sabu? God no! Rhino? A possiblity, as "the muscle" but surely Abyss can do this role.... Stevie? Nahhhh

I don't even think most of the EV 2 members will stay around. If Fortune aligned themselves with Hogan and Bischoff to get rid of the EV 2 guys, then it doesn't make sense for the EV 2 guys to join the Immortals. Bischoff is playing mind games with RVD just like he did with Samoa Joe. RVD doesn't know who to trust and neither does Joe. It creates chaos pitting the TNA roster against themselves instead of fighting together against the faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back