RUMOR: Chris Sabin Leaving TNA As Well?

JamJam

It's goin' down forreal!
Chris Sabin has plans to follow former Motor City Machine Guns mate Alex Shelley out the door.

The four-time X Division Champion has told friends that he plans on leaving TNA Wrestling when his contract expires in August. Keep in mind that a lot can change between now and August but he's leaning torwads leaving as of this writing.

On May 21, it was reported that Shelley had opted not to renew his TNA Wrestling contract, thus ending his eight-year tenure with the organization.

source: ewrestlingnews.com

-----

If this were true, TNA will be losing yet another quality guy on their roster. Hopefully this isn't true because it'll be a sad day for TNA. Plus, it'll really deplete their already thin roster for the X-Division. This came as shocking news to me because TNA had all those promo videos of them returning but then they decided to just leave, it's a shame. Hope it isn't true.

Thoughts?

It seems to me that some TNA stars are realizing that TNA completely stopped caring about them when they started hiring all the WWE rejects. It's a shame too, the X Division was one of the few things that made TNA watchable. When WWE launches its cruiser weight show, it can only mean worse for TNAs depleting X Division

so they are fuming that TNA is hiring WWE rejects over pushing the TNA talent that has barely gotten over in 10yrs (well not exactly rejects and there are some great talent in TNA no doubt) i agree with that mostly though, but where do they want to go? WWE. hmm odd logic there. WWE is supposedly the inferior product yet they all want to go there.?

i say good for him, Shelly isn't as good as Sabin so it's good to have both of them, if that's where he ends up heading, but they will be repackaged that's a given unless they have been using there real names the whole time or own the rights to them. It wont be Motor City Machine Guns, so what's everyones guess as to what they would call them IF they reunited under the WWE banner or would they just stay as a non tag team

I hope MCMG can link up somewhere else, would be a shame to not see them in action again. One of my favourite tag teams of all time. As a TNA fan I wouldn't want to lose Sabin, but I'd rather he leave if it means I get to see the Guns in action.

What the hell happened to them when they came back anyway, I wasn't annoyed that they didn't win the titles as soon as they came back, but they came back, had that title shot, then that was about it, am I missing something?

Couldn't blame him if that's the case. He's been MIA for the past two years. Do you really see TNA/IW expanding Chris Sabin's role anytime soon?

There's going to be a lot of misplaced talk about loyalty on these boards when it happens, from people who have no idea what loyalty actually is, there's going to be talk about how he obviously won't be used in the WWE, so on and so forth. Without a major league ******io session from TNA/IW, what reason does Chris Sabin have to stick around? They obviously aren't planning to heavily promote the X-Division. (Which doesn't mean it won't happen, TNA/IW's plans change quickly these days.) There isn't going to be a AMW/Beer Money thing here, as TNA/IW doesn't currently have a tag division. (The belts still get carried around. For some reason.)

This is one of those rumors that could be entirely made up, but would still be true in essence. Maybe he'll get a WCW-Benoit style push in an effort to keep him, but I don't think TNA/IW really wants to.

If this is legit, it would be a hit to the X division. Sabin is talented, along with Shelley. But this could all be speculation. WWE would provide him more exposure and possibly more money, but it might not be the best move. Personally if he were to leave, I'd rather see him be featured in ROH.

If this were true, TNA will be losing yet another quality guy on their roster. Hopefully this isn't true because it'll be a sad day for TNA. Plus, it'll really deplete their already thin roster for the X-Division. This came as shocking news to me because TNA had all those promo videos of them returning but then they decided to just leave, it's a shame. Hope it isn't true.

i hope it is, because then WWE will see the potential that chris sabin has and recruit him as theve done with alex shelley. TNA might be done soon anywas the MCMG were TNAs only respected tag team, the X divison was already irelevent (besides Austin Aries) and now the tag team division will be as well

Couldn't blame him if that's the case. He's been MIA for the past two years. Do you really see TNA/IW expanding Chris Sabin's role anytime soon?

But was that really TNA's fault? Alex Shelly was out injured with a broken collarbone but the day Shelly made his return Chris Sabin injured his knee and has finally made his return after being gone for almost a year.

They could have used Shelly more while Sabin was out but Sabin not being on TV wasn't really TNA's doing.

WoW imagine that Motor City Machine guns ( I hope the name gets changed) They would be great for the tag team division. It would be like the hardy boys but with more talent

If these rumors are true, then I can't say that it comes as a surprise to me. Since Shelley came back from injury, the Guns were hardly used as a team. The one time they really were, it was as fodder for Samoa Joe & Magnus. When Shelley was out injured for close to a year, Sabin did nothing but, metaphorically, sit on the shelf collecting dust for all the use he got out of TNA. If Sabin is signed to a paid by appearance deal like much of the TNA roster, then he may have had to go out and get himself a "real job" just to pay the bills. I can probably count the number of time I laid eyes on Sabin during that time period on one hand and have a few fingers left.

He had a short but fun match against Aries this past Thursday, but I don't look for anything to come of it. Maybe TNA will go into things this Thursday and start them down the path to a real feud but I doubt it. Sabin lost in a 3.5 minute match and will probably be just another body for Aries. Like I said, if true, then I can't really blame the guy. TNA could've made good use of Sabin and he could've been a boon to the X Division since Shelley was on the injured list, so it's easy to see where he's coming from if he is seeking greener pastures elsewhere.

man i hope this isnt true if he does go to wwe they NEED to make him and shelley into a team they would bring tons of exictment to the tag team divison they could work the cruiserweight show too whenever wwe network gets going i hope this isnt true though.

Sabin is not leaving TNA. his girlfriend Velvet Sky said so.
TNA Knockout Velvet Sky noted on her twitter account that her boyfriend and one half of the former Motor City Machineguns, Chris Sabin is not leaving TNA as some rumors reported yesterday. Sky answered a fans question with a resounding 'NO'.

I was really looking forward to a tag Div made up of Joe/Magnus, The Machine Guns, Daniels/Kaz and Angle/AJ... I was thinking how epic is was going to be.. I should have realised TNA just screw everything up. Oh well...

The things is, Vince could very well sign Sabin and Shelley just so he could get his hands on Velvet Sky. Sky = ratings. Imagine The Guns with Sky as their valet/manager on Smackdown....

if anyone associated with TNA would know, I would think it's the person Sabin is sleeping with in his girlfriend Velvet Sky. they've been together for awhile now, I imagine they have a much better chance at staying together working for the same company.

If these rumors are true, then I can't say that it comes as a surprise to me. Since Shelley came back from injury, the Guns were hardly used as a team. The one time they really were, it was as fodder for Samoa Joe & Magnus. When Shelley was out injured for close to a year, Sabin did nothing but, metaphorically, sit on the shelf collecting dust for all the use he got out of TNA. If Sabin is signed to a paid by appearance deal like much of the TNA roster, then he may have had to go out and get himself a "real job" just to pay the bills. I can probably count the number of time I laid eyes on Sabin during that time period on one hand and have a few fingers left.

He had a short but fun match against Aries this past Thursday, but I don't look for anything to come of it. Maybe TNA will go into things this Thursday and start them down the path to a real feud but I doubt it. Sabin lost in a 3.5 minute match and will probably be just another body for Aries. Like I said, if true, then I can't really blame the guy. TNA could've made good use of Sabin and he could've been a boon to the X Division since Shelley was on the injured list, so it's easy to see where he's coming from if he is seeking greener pastures elsewhere.

Sabin is the one who was out for almost a year with injuries not Shelly. Alex Shelly was out with a broken collarbone for four or five months before the Sabin Injury. Matter of fact the Sabin's injury happened the same night that Alex Shelly returned from his injury.

If Chris Sabin leaves TNA, that leaves a massive dent into TNA tag team and X Division pool. Saying that Velvet Sky said that he ain't leaving, so I would believe her over any dirtsheet.

What do you think will happen at Slamerversary since it seems Austin Aries was going against Sabin, will they scrap it?

I hope he also joins the WWE, and then, hopefully we see MCMG again, that would be nice.
And then feuding with the current tag champs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back