Rugby World Cup 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
This is for all Discussion about the Third Biggest International Sporting Event in the World. The Rugby World Cup that is going to be held in France this Year. I will be posting Teams once they have been confirmed on the 14th of August. I can post the All Black squad by heart except for their missing person who will be named by the 14th of August.

Predictions with no reasoning go In the Betting section, If you do not do so you will be given an Infraction. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

My personal feeling is that as long as they do not play Dave Dobbyn when the All Blacks score tries then it is a guaranteed Victory to the All Blacks. That is dispite dropping a Game to the Wallabies in the Tri-Nations. The outright dominance that they have shown in flashes over the last couple of Years should be building up into a successful RWC campaign. The only question that is really left in Pool Play is will the Italians or the Scots join the All Blacks in Knock out play after pool play is over, this is just out of Group C here.

Group D or Group A could be considered to be the Group of Death in this Tounament as Argentina could Potentially Knock off France or Ireland in Group D. and Samoa or Tonga could get up and Beat England who are going into the world cup as an old side, Older than the one that won the World Cup Last Time and Johnny Wilkinson is most likely going to get Injured so I don't see him as a Factor during this World Cup.

So The First match has been and France has lost to Argentina. So it could be an early exit for France, but then again they are in the pool of Death with Ireland, so Ireland could lose to France yet beat Argentina, Then it will be point Diferential to determine the 2 that go through this will be interesting to say the least, though I do feel sorry for whoever comes in second in this pool as they will go on to face the All Blacks without a doubt.

So once again the All Blacks have to thump Italy to get the World Cup off to a proper start 76-14, with pathetic refs in there let the Azzuri get away with blatent offsides one of which resulted in Italy's first try.

Aussie smashed the Japanese 91-3, the defense of the Cherry Blossoms has gotten better or the Wallabies have gotten worse. Id say it is a combination of the two. But full credit to Japan for not leaking a new World record in points differential.

Now for what could be considered an Upset if England hadn't been playing so poorly anyway. England beat the US 28-10, This is what the Scrum doctor can do, help a Second Tier Rugby nation come close to toppling won of the top rugby nations in the world. I salute the Eagles.

Won't say much about the cup so far. Haven't really kept up with it too well. I did have some nagging thoughts that the Wallabies would somehow find a way to lose to Japan, but we thrashed them in the end. Italy performed well in the 6-nations or whatever it's called, but like Mancer said, New Zealand totally dominated them. England look shaky compared to the Americans, and France was toppled in the first game. Should be interesting. My tip: All Blacks. Yeah, they're chokers, but they are just too good at the moment and they are due for a World Cup win. It will be Australia vs New Zealand in the final.

Ireland had an unconvincing 32-17 win today against Namibia. They played awful way too many handling errors, so much for being hyped up. IMO All Blacks are too strong and will most likely plough through all teams, although if Ireland got their acts together (which is unlikely) they could give NZ a tough game.

Well with what can be considered a Locking Crisis in the All Blacks, you will have to wonder, Lauaki is not a Lock, their reserve Lock in Reuban Thorne is injured right now. Keith Robinson is being rested up for the quaterfinals onwards. Chris Jack tweaked a leg muscle, Ali Williams is the only Lock that is still healthy. Hopefully this Reuban Thorne Injury requires him being dropped from the squad with Troy Flavell being brought in as a true Lock/Blindside rather than having Thorne in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back