Royal Rumble 2019 - 30-Woman Rumble Match

Discussion in 'WWE Discussion' started by Dave, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

For the second year in a row, the WWE will host a 30-woman over the top rope battle royal at the first PPV of 2019. Carmella was announced as the number 30 entrant for winning the MMC.

Discuss the match here.

2. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!

The only thing of note Carmella will do in the match will bet to get in the ring, dance around for a few seconds and then probably be eliminated shortly thereafter. If she's in the match for longer than 3 minutes, I'll be surprised. Hell, it wouldn't even surprise me if they went the route of having R-Truth try to come out as #30 for the women's Royal Rumble given how befuddled his character is.

At any rate, I think it's fairly obvious that a good many people hope that Becky Lynch wins the women's RR match and picks to challenge Ronda Rousey for the Raw Women's Championship at WrestleMania. Unless they do a Superstar Shakeup before WrestleMania this year, which is highly unlikely, then Becky winning the RR match and getting to choose who she challenges, just as Asuka did last year, is the only feasible way Ronda vs. Becky goes down for WrestleMania, unless they also go ahead and do away with the brand split altogether before WrestleMania, which is also highly unlikely.

For all anyone knows, even if Becky doesn't win the RR, Vince could just have Becky challenge Ronda Rousey anyway even though they're on different brands. I mean, it's not as if little things like continuity are all that important to the old man these days anyway.

3. Vanilla Midget

Vanilla Midget Get These Naans

Becky or Charlotte seems like the logical winner here. Could this be a situation for winners? The crowd wants Becky but WWE seem hell bent on making Charlotte their marquee star. Whatever happens, I see both of them winding up on Raw by the next shake up.

There's a muddied history with tied Royal Rumbles. Bret and Lex tied and both received separate title shots at WrestleMania X. This was an odd choice for two babyfaces going after a heel Yoko, but I digress.

The history books show the Rock winning the 2000 Royal Rumble but they certainly played up the fact that Rock and Show went over the ropes at the same time. Both wound up in the main event.

More recently Cena and Batista tied in what is heavily reported as being a genuine botch. Vince came to the ring, blew both quads, and restarted the match.

There's been a lack of consistency when it comes to a draw in WWE's premier over the top battle royal.

Becky vs Ronda is the logical match, but WWE has Charlotte ear marked. Charlotte could win the Rumble, and Becky still go after Ronda. Do they really want Charlotte vs Asuka for a second consecutive year?

Becky vs Ronda should main event WrestleMania, followed by Becky vs Ronda vs Flair. At no time should it be Ronda vs Charlotte.

Last year's Royal Rumble was decent, there's lots of room to improve. Let's see more NXT wrestlers and few less legends. Michelle McCool was pushed was too hard in that match for someone who didn't work a single other program in the year.

Carmella at number 30 is disappointing, but it doesn't make much of a difference. It creates more tension knowing a comedy wrestler isn't coming out the gate last, of course. There aren't really many monsters in the women's division. Nia has lost often and we know if she enters at 30 that she's not winning. There aren't any marquee injured women for a surprise return. They want Becky or Flair to fight through a lot more adversity than entering at 30.

Becky Lynch should win the Royal Rumble, but Ronda didn't just screw her over, she screwed over Charlotte two. I'm seeing a triple threat though hopefully cooler heads prevail and we get Ronda vs Becky, with Lynch going over and the battle of the Horsewomen dominating 2019.

4. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's the thing here, kinda like the men's rumble, i really hope they don'T try and force feed this whole ''Fresh and New'' storyline that they are doing right now and give it to somebody random like a mickie james or carmella and stick to the plan they have and go with either becky or charlotte. We all know that they are planning a mania main event featuring the womens this year and that ronda will face either Becky or Charlotte. What i would do is have charlotte and becky be go winners, Then they face each other at the next PPV which is elimination chamber, then whoever lose gets asuka at mania.

5. Fire Marshall Bill

Fire Marshall Bill Let me show ya somethin!!!

"You lost, so here's your consolation prize." Nothing says prestige more than that...

Becky should win. Charlotte still might. WWE has their heart set on Charlotte to the point that she's even copying Becky's style now. My only hope that they won't force push her is that Becky is calling her out on it.

Psykohurricane55 likes this.
  6. pbancroft32

pbancroft32 Dark Match Winner

unless others no something that ive missed is everyone forgetting that bliss could use the rumble to return and headline mania against ronda.
    But i could be totally wrong as i may have missed an update on bliss

7. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Everybody is expecting the whole charlotte or becky wins the rumble and go on a face ronda at mania. How about if they don't go there at all. It's not like they don't have time to find another way to get to that match at mania. They have 2 ppv after the rumble to get to it somehow.

How about if instead you give the rumble to somebody on raw. Maybe somebody like ember moon or nia jax or if you want a bigger surprise finish, have alexa bliss enter at number 29 and win the rumble. Then whoever wins the rumble could go and challenge asuka for the smackdown title and this leave ronda free for charlotte and becky at mania.

8. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

New report states that Paige has been cleared and is expected to be not just a surprise Rumble contestant but also the winner. This is great timing The The Rock's movie coming out. This also makes sense with the other report I'm making up that stated that the Raw women's title match has been scrapped for Mania for the eight Horse Ladies tag match.