Royal Rumble 2019 - 30-Man Rumble Match

Discussion in 'WWE Discussion' started by Dave, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

As is tradition, the WWE will host its annual 30 man Royal Rumble Match at the first PPV of 2019. R-Truth has been announced as the number 30 entrant for the match as a prize for winning the MMC. Everything else though, remains a mystery.

Discuss the match here.

2. Spencesc11

Spencesc11 Getting Noticed By Management

As much as I think Rollins could deliver vs. Brock at Mania I think I would go with Styles winning the Rumble and not only challenging but winning the belt from Lesnar at Wrestlemania. A.J. has done everything he could for the blue brand and he could have some nice fresh feuds on Raw. I would also have the Rumble get down to these 4 (Styles, Rollins, Orton, & McIntyre). Then you could also work a McIntyre vs. Rollins match at Mania which I'm sure would be very solid as well. But Styles should be the winner this year moving on from Daniel Bryan and becoming the new face of Monday Night Raw!!!

@smarkmouth likes this.
  3. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

If they're not going to put the Universal Championship on Braun Strowman at the Royal Rumble, it's time to get him completely out of the main event picture for a decent spell. When I look at Raw, two guys who've been true highlights of a mostly terrible show in the post WrestleMania months have been Drew McIntyre and Seth Rollins. Seth has been the workhorse of Raw for 2018, he's got the babyface support of the fans and he's someone else that I think could pull a great match out of Lesnar. McIntyre is doing a really nice job as a heel and even though such labels don't mean squat to Vince anymore, I don't think putting him against Lesnar for WrestleMania would work out the best as it'd be another example of people not knowing who to cheer for.

To be perfectly honest, I'd probably be okay with just about anyone from Raw winning as long as it meant they were getting the Universal Championship off Lesnar. For almost 2 years, minus Roman Reigns' brief run before he had to give it up, Raw has lacked a consistent main event championship picture and it's been one, of many, significant things that's hurt the red brand because so many are just burned out on it.

4. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It all depends on who's winning the universal title match at the Rumble, if Lesnar retains then i see Rollins winning the whole thing because even if fans have been a little harsh on him lately, he's still the biggest name they have on raw so it makes sense to have rollins go after lesnar and the title. If Strowman wins, then i say just give it to mcintyre. Anyway we all know that the universal title match won't be the main event this year so why not have the hottest heel on Raw face the monster for the universal title.

They could also give it to a completely random guy to go with the new ''Fresh and new'' angle they are doing right now and have him defend and lose the title shot to one of those 2 guys at either elimination chamber or fastlane but that would be a stupid move that fans will see right through, so you might as well just go and have a definitive winner at the rumble.

5. wwetnadudez

wwetnadudez Getting Noticed By Management

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Bray Wyatt make his return at the Royal Rumble and win the whole thing. He can set up a new faction with Lars Sullivan and Wolfgang. His return could be sold on the re-emergence of Bray Wyatt and his wicked new family.

If Bray wins the Rumble and Braun beats Brock for the title then Bray Vs. Braun is just an easy to write story.

I believe Bray could be a shock entrant and winner but a much safer bet is Seth Rollins. Despite reports of Vince being furious, I do believe he will be the face of the company going forward so I think the perfect opportunity for him to main event a Mania is right now. Brock and Seth can put on a good match and it is easily marketable to both the IWC and casual fans.

If a SDL guy is winning the Rumble, I see this being the underdog rising to the top story - Jeff Hardy. I don't see Daniel losing the championship till Mania and I think the former leader of the Yes Movement defending against the leader of the creatures of the night is a good story to tell and it really gives Jeff that possible last title run on top before hanging up the boots.

6. pbancroft32

pbancroft32 Dark Match Winner

its not likely but would be fun (as long as Brock does win which sadly he will) i want aj and seth to go out at the same time. this creating duel winners but instead of seth going for brock and aj going for bryan they both pick brock setting up a triple threat for mania. now im not a massive fan of triple threats certainly not for main event title match but it would be a great way of getting aj to raw it would give them an out of brock taking the pin without having someone in the match you know has no chance (like they did with brock braun and kane)

give mania that man event know one would have a clue whos winning would be a great match IMO

7. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

I'm not sure if has been discussed anywhere but it might make for a cool spot to have "The Man" find a way to get in the match.

8. Greg4WWE

Greg4WWE Pre-Show Stalwart

hahaha no.. please no.

Psykohurricane55 likes this.
  9. BigDaddyKewl

BigDaddyKewl Getting Noticed By Management

With Braun out of the Universal Title match he has to be an odds on favorite to win. We’ve been waiting for years for Braun to finally get a World title win. What a better way to solidify Braun on grandest stage of them all. It will still be a big moment when Brockets finally loses with the way he’s been protected.

10. roipdh123

roipdh123 Getting Noticed By Management

The only way I would agree to this is if they go with Daniel Bryan vs Braun Strowman at WM 35.
    Personally I would hope that the 2 world title matches that we get at WM 35 are Lesnar vs Mcintyre & Bryan vs Cena (possibly vs Miz).
    With that logic I also think Cena and Mcintyre are going to be in the final four and probably the final 2 in this years rumble.
    But my prediction is for Cena to win his 3rd Royal Rumble leading to his 17th world title at Mania

11. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

My favorite scenario is AJ Styles winning the Rumble then challenging Lesnar for the Universal Title on RAW. Of course this would mean that Styles will have to enter after losing the WWE title match which I don't like because I am not a fan of people who challenged for the World Title entering the Rumble.