Royal Rumble 2014 Discussion

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's already all kinds of speculation as to what will go down at the Royal Rumble next year. With Batista returning, there's talk from some dirtsheets of him possibly winning and taking on Orton at WrestleMania. There's talk of Daniel Bryan winning, Cena winning, both Cena & Bryan winning, CM Punk was allegedly written in as winning several months back according to various reports, etc.

As for the undercard, I could see it looking something like this:

WWE Tag Team Championship Elimination Match - Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. The Real Americans vs. Harper & Rowan vs. Rollins & Reigns

WWE Divas Championship - AJ Lee vs. Natalya

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Randy Orton vs. John Cena

There might also be a filler match or two like maybe Brodus Clay vs. Tensai or Xavier Woods.

As to who wins the Royal Rumble match itself, I've got no idea at this point and I'm sure some wrestlers will be pulling double duty on that night. It's possible Bryan or Punk could win it, but I think it's likely that they'll be screwed out of it somehow by The Authority. IF HBK pops up and hits Bryan with Sweet Chin Music, resulting in him being eliminated, then I think it's confirmed that it'll be HBK vs. Bryan. I could also see Triple H screwing over Punk somehow, leading to a confrontation between them at WrestleMania.

There's already all kinds of speculation as to what will go down at the Royal Rumble next year. With Batista returning, there's talk from some dirtsheets of him possibly winning and taking on Orton at WrestleMania. There's talk of Daniel Bryan winning, Cena winning, both Cena & Bryan winning, CM Punk was allegedly written in as winning several months back according to various reports, etc.

As for the undercard, I could see it looking something like this:

WWE Tag Team Championship Elimination Match - Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. The Real Americans vs. Harper & Rowan vs. Rollins & Reigns

WWE Divas Championship - AJ Lee vs. Natalya

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Randy Orton vs. John Cena

There might also be a filler match or two like maybe Brodus Clay vs. Tensai or Xavier Woods.

As to who wins the Royal Rumble match itself, I've got no idea at this point and I'm sure some wrestlers will be pulling double duty on that night. It's possible Bryan or Punk could win it, but I think it's likely that they'll be screwed out of it somehow by The Authority. IF HBK pops up and hits Bryan with Sweet Chin Music, resulting in him being eliminated, then I think it's confirmed that it'll be HBK vs. Bryan. I could also see Triple H screwing over Punk somehow, leading to a confrontation between them at WrestleMania.

I don't think Cena will be in the WWE title match, because I personally think he's winning the Rumble and facing Orton at Mania. Either that, or Bryan wins the Rumble and Cena wins the title in the Chamber setting up the rematch. Either way, Cena will be in the World title match, no doubt about it.

Beat me to it Jack! I think this Rumble is the most wide open in a while, I'm hoping Punk wins but I'd be fine with Bryan or Undertaker, as if the latter happens then I imagine Cena wins the belt the same night and they finally pull the trigger on Cena vs Taker at Mania 30. the idea of Batista winning and facing Orton puts me to sleep just thinking about it.

There's usually 4 matches on the Rumble card so I'm just gonna take a guess that the WWE World Heavyweight Title match will be a triple threat.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat
Randy Orton vs John Cena vs Daniel Bryan

Intercontinental Championship match
Big E Langston vs Mark Henry

WWE Tag Team Title 4 Way Match
The Brotherhood vs Rey & Show vs The Real Americans vs Harper & Rowan

Divas Title match
AJ Lee vs Brie Bella

My Royal Rumble match card:

WWE World title:
Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena vs Daniel Bryan: The winner and still WWE Champion Randy Orton.

Big E vs Henry this soon? no way. That's a WrestleMania match for both guys, save it for then and have Big E get his big win.

The Royal Rumble match:

Judging by various recent reports that I've read about, I am going with Batista to win the whole thing. If these reports are true as reported by Dave Meltzer, I am going with Randy Orton (c) vs Batista for the WWE World title at WrestleMania. This would be a change that everyone has been pandering for because they are sick of seeing the same combination of guys thrown together. Cena-Orton has been to death, Cena-Punk? maybe and Orton-Punk has always been average to me.

So the conclusion from this is Randy Orton retaining his WWE World title and Batista winning the Rumble match. As we all know, WWE typically like to set the big matches up around January time. This means that we must get a clear cut winner and no more vacant title bullsh*t.

If BATISTA return at royal rumble he should not win it. He already has won one. If anybody should win this years RUMBLE it must be CM PUNK. He deserves to win it more than anyone else. Also big legends like HOGAN are rumoured to return at Rumble.
CENA should not win it coz he should be in a match Vs The Undertaker at WM30. Daniel bryan should somehow come into the title picture before WM and make it triple threat at WM30. Maybe he should win the Elimination chamber this year and go on to WM.
And it should be BATISTA vs BROCK LESNAR at the grandest stage. And make some special guest refree for this match like SCSA or GOLDBERG or maybe HULKSTER. It will be huge..

I think Punk is the most deserving of the WM main event this year. Punk has become one of the greats of this decade. He gave us his pipebomb promo that launched a HUGE money in the bank event, he gave us the 434 days title reign, he's fought Taker at WM. I think in order to cement Punk's legacy, he needs to win the rumble and face either Cena or Orton for the title in the main event and win.

It's either this year, or never. I think it's too early for Bryan to main event. Personally I would love to see Daniel Bryan face HHH at wrestlemania. But of course WWE always has their own plan, and part timers now always seem to come back just for WM and throw curves into everything.

I really do not want HBK to return, I don't think he needs to. We don't need HBK AND HHH to wrestle in matches. That on top with a potential Hogan return, and Batista return AND The Undertaker. It just becomes cluttered with the past when they need to focus on the present and future stars for the next decade, like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, The Shield, the Wyatts, Cody Rhodes.

These guys are becoming ATTRACTIONS. People want to see these guys wrestle. Wrestlemania has become all about "moments" and seems to ignore the whole point of WrestleMania being a Mania of WRESTLING.

And that's why Punk needs to win the Rumble...sorry, hard not to rant about WM when talking about the Rumble

If this wasn't Wrestlemania's anniversary I would believe that they're setting up Punk Vs Bryan for the WWE title. I just can't see it though, we all know how much Vince loves his big men.
Putting those reservations aside though, logic says the Rumble is the setting for starting the Punk/Bryan rivalry. I expect Bryan to eliminate Punk in a somewhat underhand way and then to go on and win it, leaving Punk very bitter.

After Raw last week, they're definitely setting up a Triple Threat WWE Championship match between Orton, Bryan, and Cena. I think Batista should be kept out of the Rumble match itself and interfere in this match. Whether he helps Orton and they put Evolution back together, or he attacks Orton after the match or even during to cost him the belt. Most people would expect him in the Rumble match. The shock value is involving him in the title match.

Tag Titles: I have the Rhodes brothers lose to Rowan & Harper. Begin setting up a feud between Cody and Goldust.

IC Title: Langston vs Fandango. Put on a decent 10-15 minute filler match here and Langston retains obviously.

Finally, The Shield should be in a 6-man tag. The opponents don't matter, but they need to have one more miscommunication between the 3 here to lead up to what I think will be a triple threat between them at Mania.

This time i am amazed. Look, there are so many huge guys in the camp. There are so many huge guys returning. People are surprised about who will win Royal Rumble?, who will work a main event at wrestlemania?, how the men like Goldberg, Batista, and Hulk Hogan will be utilized?, will Stone Cold be back, what he will be doing? What if The Rock also joined?. For me, This years Road to Wm30 can be most awesome if wwe managed things in right direction. Well i remember, before Batista left wwe, he was defeated by john cena. So in my thinking, before John cena leaves he should give Batista a win. And Batista will not return to loose a match against a midcarder. And In case of Royal Rumble: since Royal Rumble is especially won by huge guys. There is Cm punk who has proved himself in everything but not in Royal Rumble. So i think, Cm punk will win The Royal Rumble.

In predicting who might win the Royal Rumble, I have to ask who would make the most amount of money as a Royal Rumble winner. I have to look at their winning the Royal Rumble from a couple different angles; if they would make more money than another performer and if they would make more money than they would make pursuing an interest other than the title match at Wrestlemania.

My favorite wrestler on the card is Daniel Bryan, someone who would arguably make the most of a Rumble win, and I'm hoping that he doesn't win and in the process gets a Wrestlemania match with Shawn Michaels. Getting put over by Shawn Michaels is a thousand times better than getting put over by Randy Orton.

I also love CM Punk, not just because we're both from Chi-town. I'm hoping that he doesn't win and in the process he and HHH explode with rage toward one another. I see more money in having Punk and HHH screaming so loudly at each other that their neck veins pop out as opposed to having Punk pursue Randy Orton. Punk and HHH could put on a grudge match the likes of which would make Stan Hansen and (rest his soul) Dr. Death Steve Williams cringe. It doesn't even have to have anything at stake, like the company or anything like that. Just let them loose and put on a match so stiff that their Mothers feel every hit.

All that being said, yeah Cena is probably going to win it again. I don't love it, but it makes the most sense to me. Cena doesn't gain positive appeal unless he's holding a belt (or couple of belts rather), or he's beating the odds in an effort to pursue a belt. He only just put Randy over, go figure that it was a ladder match at a nothing PPV. Cena's penance for that will probably be another Royal Rumble win and another Wrestlemania win, not to mention the fact that Randy will probably cheat to earn a fluke win against Cena at The Royal Rumble. Will Batista be involved? I really don't give two shits in regard to that. All I know is that it makes the most sense to bet on Cena winning the Royal Rumble again, and that once again I'll only be watching the Royal Rumble match to see the surprise returns.

Rumble is coming up and is always an exciting time to see wrestlers return and make surprise entrants. So my question is who do you want to see return or just as a surprise "one-off" appearance? Based on rumors and my own wishes her are my picks are:

MVP - long overdue for one last run with MVP. Would fit well in the upper midcard as a nice addition to Smackdown
Matt Morgan - WWE NEEDS to sign him but a re-introduction with vignettes would probably be better than a RR return.
Batista - Rumored
Chris Jericho - He's already in Pittsburgh the night before
Goldberg
- If he's coming back for Mania this would be a great way to do it and setup a feud with someone like Reigns or Ryback

For one thing I will be very very pissed at Batista winning the rumble! He doesnt deserve to win it at all.. I fully expect DB to win the rumble i have been saying this since early summer! DB has been screwed and screwed time and time again.. I think it will be a three way at WM Orton,Cena and DB with DB coming out the champion in that match. We all know Vinnie Mac loves his big guys to win the rumble but batista winning the rumble would be utter bullshit IMO..

The whole shock value or whatever you want to call it,is where to place Batista! He is coming back for A Money and B to have the spotlight on him once again.. He is somehow going to push himself into the title match,either helping or causing orton the match.. Its what is best for business i guess,but batista doesnt deserve to be no where near the title spot but that is not the subject at hand

I think this years Royal Rumble pay-per-view has the chance of being one of the biggest in the past few years. I've noticed a trend where the undercard has been pretty lacklustre, prime example being Royal Rumble 2012.

However! I do feel some major storylines could either start or begin to plant the seed at the event, which of course is exciting.

Fatal Four-Way Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Cody Rhodes and Goldust (c) vs Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs The Real Americans vs The Usos
Here, I'd have Cody Rhodes and Goldust drop the titles. Therefore, they can receive their rematch at Elimination Chamber, and then go on to face each other at WrestleMania XXX. That's the hope anyway. I include The Usos because they haven't really been included in the title picture that much the past few weeks, and so it would be somewhat fresh. Who wins? The Wyatt Family.

Singles Match for the Divas Championship
AJ Lee (c) vs Natalya
Arguably one of the best combinations of divas you will find in 2013 / 2014. Given eight minutes or so and they could have a really good match. They should play on the submission styles that they both possess. No need to switch title holders here, AJ Lee picks up the win.

Singles Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Big E Langston (c) vs Fandango
These two could put on a very entertaining match if given a good 10 minutes. Right now, who is there for Big E Langston to go up against? Fandango will be good to get a good match out of and move on. Big E wins.

Singles Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena
I see no issue having a rematch here. This time, it's different because John Cena is the full on challenger, and Randy Orton is the one and only champion. Yes, the feud has been done to death, but it sort of makes sense, and heading into WrestleMania XXX, the outcome could be quite unpredictable. For me, Orton wins here.

Royal Rumble Match
Daniel Bryan wins
I think WWE know they fucked up. However, they can rectify the Daniel Bryan issue. Have him win, go over Randy Orton at WrestleMania XXX and get his revenge. Match wise, it will be good. To see him win the title at the event would be huge and cement the main event status we are so desperate to see him in. In regards to surprise returns, Batista is an obvious one. He's back on January 20th, so it's almost a given. Isn't Chris Jericho in the area? It would be fun to see him back. I'm just throwing it out there, what about Hulk Hogan? WrestleMania XXX and all. He wouldn't have to wrestle much, just the typical, and whomever eliminates him would get huge heat. Just a thought.

I think CM Punk NEEDS to win the Royal Rumble this coming year. Despite having main evented two WrestleManias, Punk has never closed the show, and that's the one major thing he still has to do in his career. I want to see Punk win the Rumble, go on to WrestleMania, and become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

my guesss is db or cmpunk has a fair chance of winning rumble match bcoz if any of those two are not in the title match at mania then the whole arena booing through the match its bad for wwe.

At rr cena vs orton where orton wins some how batista involved. This setup cena vs batista at wm.

Wwe have no problem with smaller guys wins at rumble like rey and benoit already do it.

You know what even it is Batista, if he wins or anyone else win the rumble I will watch RAW leading up to maina, I have not watched in a while, but I have to give wwe a chance if they do this, I might watch if Shemaus wins, but if Cena wins, I do not care, I am not watching, I don't care any about non title matches either if this happens.

In predicting who might win the Royal Rumble, I have to ask who would make the most amount of money as a Royal Rumble winner. I have to look at their winning the Royal Rumble from a couple different angles; if they would make more money than another performer and if they would make more money than they would make pursuing an interest other than the title match at Wrestlemania.

My favorite wrestler on the card is Daniel Bryan, someone who would arguably make the most of a Rumble win, and I'm hoping that he doesn't win and in the process gets a Wrestlemania match with Shawn Michaels. Getting put over by Shawn Michaels is a thousand times better than getting put over by Randy Orton.

I also love CM Punk, not just because we're both from Chi-town. I'm hoping that he doesn't win and in the process he and HHH explode with rage toward one another. I see more money in having Punk and HHH screaming so loudly at each other that their neck veins pop out as opposed to having Punk pursue Randy Orton. Punk and HHH could put on a grudge match the likes of which would make Stan Hansen and (rest his soul) Dr. Death Steve Williams cringe. It doesn't even have to have anything at stake, like the company or anything like that. Just let them loose and put on a match so stiff that their Mothers feel every hit.

All that being said, yeah Cena is probably going to win it again. I don't love it, but it makes the most sense to me. Cena doesn't gain positive appeal unless he's holding a belt (or couple of belts rather), or he's beating the odds in an effort to pursue a belt. He only just put Randy over, go figure that it was a ladder match at a nothing PPV. Cena's penance for that will probably be another Royal Rumble win and another Wrestlemania win, not to mention the fact that Randy will probably cheat to earn a fluke win against Cena at The Royal Rumble. Will Batista be involved? I really don't give two shits in regard to that. All I know is that it makes the most sense to bet on Cena winning the Royal Rumble again, and that once again I'll only be watching the Royal Rumble match to see the surprise returns.

You do realize Cena is suppose to be the biggest star on the roster, yet he needs the title to get over, that does not make much sense then at all. So Cena needs the title, then cena should have never been on top to begin with, if you need a title then wwe wasted a whole decade putting cena as their top face, he is capable of making a non title match interesting, unless he is not the star so many claim he is. Plus it is time to make the title mean everything again, therefore bryan winning the title should be bigger than him beating hbk in a non title match. People wonder why the wwe ratings decreased since 2009, probably due to the fact that wwe made the titles props and buried them in 2011 and 2012, the title should be everything, but it is not, I have lost interest in wwe a lot in 2012 because they treated the title like crap, the only reason why I was interested was because punk was champion, 2013 sucked, though the title is prestigious again wwe is boring as a product still and people are not watching including me. Seems they have more work to do to make the title interesting to people.

If WWE doesn't capitalize off of the Big E & Roman Reigns feud they can get going then I'm going to be pissed. The one match I've been wanting to see for a while is Big E vs. Reigns, and now that there's a big white title in the picture, it makes me want the match even more. I think that if these two don't at least face off during the RR match, then this match is a complete waste of time.

Also, I want to see AJ lose the Diva's title to Kaitlyn. AJ bores me.

If they have a triple threat for the title then the royal rumble match itself will be one of the worst rumbles in history, you will have cm punk and batista as the only two top guys, I see punk winning the rumble and going on to face orton for the title at mania

So the Royal Rumble is a month away, and with Batista coming back, it got me wondering who else I'd like to see make a surprise comeback. Even if it's only for one night, it's always great to see superstars from yesteryear run down the aisle and hear their music hit, along with the pop from the fans. So in no particular order, here's 5 guys I hope we see participate in the 30-man battle royal...

Hulk Hogan: Love him or hate him, he's the biggest name in wrestling history and it would be great to see him come down and clean house, eliminating guys who have no chance anyway like 3MB, Axel, Sandow, etc. If the rumors are true of him being involved in WM30, then this is the perfect time to bring him back.

Ultimate Warrior: He's apparently on good terms again with Vince after being involved with the promotion of the 2K14 game. He has to be a top candidate for a 2014 Hall of Fame induction. So why not let him make his famous run to the ring, shake the ropes, and eliminate some of the bigger guys who aren't a threat to win it all? Ryback, Langston, and Khali. Maybe even have an epic moment in time where he and Hogan back into each other, turn around and have an intense stare down.

Jake Roberts: He's been publicly petitioning for a spot in the upcoming Rumble. With the transformation he's made since moving in with DDP and starting his yoga program, he deserves to be rewarded. Jake never had an impressive look, but his character was always interesting enough to hold your attention.

Scott Hall: Another one who has cleaned himself up and done a 180 since accepting DDP's help. He's one of my favorites of all-time, so I would have a mark out moment for sure if they were able to keep this a surprise. It would be great to see him interact with Triple H if he were another entrant. Plus, who doesn't want to hear the famous NWO theme one more time?

DDP: If Hall and Roberts get in, surely DDP deserves it as well. It would be cool to see the 3 of them work as a team together, maybe against The Shield or Wyatt Family.

Who would you like to see walk down the aisle January 26th when the clock hits zero?

Bryan should definitely win.

He deserves it the most.

I say have Bryan win and beat Orton for the Unified Title at Mania and become the greatest Wrestler of all time (after The Rock, of course)

The last few months of wwe has pissed me off so much everything has been done wrong - screwing bryan at summerslam like that (even though we all saw it coming) was a HUGE mistake IMO could have let him have a reign then screw him out of it and do the double HHH Orton turns later on.

As a result of this dreadful latter end of 2013 they have to make serious ammends here - Daniel Bryan HAS to win the Royal Rumble and go on to get the belt at mania.

I hate John Cena with every bone in my body for what he has done to wrestling and ruined it and I swear to god I will flip the fuck out with rage if Bryan does not get the title at mania and Cena wins the RR or somehow ends up in the title match and wins it.

It's Bryans time you selfish fuckers in the back (Vince HHH Cena Orton etc) Vince cannot ignore the fans much longer now is the time to make things right.

The last few months of wwe has pissed me off so much everything has been done wrong - screwing bryan at summerslam like that (even though we all saw it coming) was a HUGE mistake IMO could have let him have a reign then screw him out of it and do the double HHH Orton turns later on.

As a result of this dreadful latter end of 2013 they have to make serious ammends here - Daniel Bryan HAS to win the Royal Rumble and go on to get the belt at mania.

I hate John Cena with every bone in my body for what he has done to wrestling and ruined it and I swear to god I will flip the fuck out with rage if Bryan does not get the title at mania and Cena wins the RR or somehow ends up in the title match and wins it.

It's Bryans time you selfish fuckers in the back (Vince HHH Cena Orton etc) Vince cannot ignore the fans much longer now is the time to make things right.

You've convinced me, now I want Cena to win the Rumble and at Mania for sure!
On a serious note calm down, Daniel Bryan doesn't deserve anything. He gets what he gets period. Wrestling as far as the entertainment side is 100% subjective, and unfortunately the other side (business) isn't. So your opinion on what should happen isn't that important. Daniel didn't draw and didn't outsell Cena at his peak, why would this time be any different?

Given the current state of the WWE, a safe bet is to ask yourself: "What is the worst thing the WWE could possibly do?" and then bet on it.

Going by that guideline I dare say it is entirely possible that the winner of the 2014 Royal Rumble is one Dave Batista.

Guy has been gone for years -nobody missed him- then he waltzes back in and goes straight to the main event of Wrestlemania. Don't tell me that doesn't sound like WWE booking.

It should be Daniel Bryan, of course. You'd think there is no explanation necessary. But I think the WWE lost all faith in him when the Summerslam buyrate tanked. In a perfect world they would wonder if the buyrate tanked because of Daniel Bryan or despite of him. But that would mean that they had to admit to themselves that the overall appeal of their painstakingly routine, mediocre product has diminished. Not gonna happen. Must be Bryan's fault.

If it's not Batista, then it can only be two names: CM Punk or John Cena.

They obviously have some faith in Punk, what with his 400+ run as champion, so it's entirely possible they will try to revisit that. Not the worst choice, mind you, if it wasn't for the fact that Bryan should be the guy.

And Cena is, of course, always possible. ALWAYS. Because, dammit, it's John Cena. That act never gets old! If the buyrates tank, it's DESPITE John Cena. In fact, he should win every Royal Rumble for 5 years straight and it would be best for business! They should make sure Cena gets even more segments on TV. Even in segments that don't concern him, wrestlers should somehow work his name into their promos or he should be standing in the background or at least a framed photograph of him should hang on the wall. They should release a DVD called "The 500 best five-knuckle shuffle moments" and they should make a John Cena PPV where he wrestles in every single match of the night, even the Divas match. Long story short, when in doubt the WWE always gives the win to Cena, and lately the WWE booking committee has many doubts indeed.

When they announce who is fighting for the belt at the PPV, we'll be able to rule out a name or two. I still say Batista because it would be soooooo wrong. And "wrong" just defines that current WWE style.

On a sidenote: Don't bank on a Jake "the Snake" guest appearance. I'm pretty sure WWE put Jake on a "Don't call, ever"-List when he hit rock bottom and whooped out his one eyed trouser snake in front of a crowd...

You've convinced me, now I want Cena to win the Rumble and at Mania for sure!
On a serious note calm down, Daniel Bryan doesn't deserve anything. He gets what he gets period. Wrestling as far as the entertainment side is 100% subjective, and unfortunately the other side (business) isn't. So your opinion on what should happen isn't that important. Daniel didn't draw and didn't outsell Cena at his peak, why would this time be any different?

That means what you say doesn't count for nothing either then!!

The storyline is unfinished Bryan never got the payoff in the feud the bad guys outright won him in every way possible - the payoff still needs to come, why not use this as the way to set it up? Makes sense to me.

Cena can fuck off and take his grown virgin fans with him frankly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back