Roy Williams Signs With The Bengals

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Normally, I wouldn't care to start a thread like this, but this section's been slow, and I think this could be one of the most important free-agent signings of the off-season.

He's a great safety, and still has a few years left of good play in him. He'll instantly help their passing defense, and aid in the development of the young guys like Leon Hall. He's also good at helping in the run defense. He's a hard hitter, that knows how to tackle, which is something they need a big upgrade in.

I think the biggest area he'll help in though, is with the team's character issues. He's a locker room leader, and a veteran of the game, that will show the young guys the proper way to carry themselves, as well as the right way to keep their head in the game.

Speaking as a Cowboys fan, I think Roy is a great pickup for the Bengals. He ain't a distraction as he is a well respected locker room leader, he will aid in the development of their younger guys, I think the Bengals will be smart enough to play to his strengths by putting him in more blitz type packages, he is also one of the few safety's that can tackle in this league & he'll hit you hard. The only question about Roy is his pass coverage skills as I know as a Cowboys fan that he will give up the long touchdown run as he can't really cover for shit.

Some may call me crazy for saying, but I will say it anyhow. The Bengals if healthy at QB will some people this year. They could be a wild card team this year. Cedric Benson is going to have a decent career with this team, and he looked strong when he played with them last year. Benson wasn't given a consistent chance in Chicago, and I think he can be a premiere back he was supposed to be with the Bengals. I am saying it now, Benson is a sleeper RB this year. Turn around player of the NFL could be on his way.

The same can be said about Palmer. He has been plagued by horrible injuries his whole career. Palmer is easily one or was one of the best QB's in this league. The defense he is surrounded by may be able to carry them in some important division games. Don't forget about Coles either, because he will be a solid replacement for TJ. Drafting Maulaga from USC was also a strong move because he is paired with former teammate Rivers. That duo should be strong over the next few years or so. The interior isn't too shabby either on the defensive side of the ball. The Bengals have trouble at CB, and with Roy at safety that helps a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back