• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roy "Big Country" Nelson WAS RIGHT! Brock pulls out of fight!

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
A relapse of Diverticulitis has forced The Baddest Dude on the Planet to pull out of the UFC 131 main event. A conference call has just started with UFC President Dana White and Former UFC, WWE, and NCAA Division I Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar in which the UFC 131 main event is being canceled. Brock Lesnar is being forced to pull out of the fight with Junior Dos Santos.

Shane Carwin will be moved up into the main event against Dos Santos, and the winner will face UFC Undisputed Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez.

MMA Fighter Roy Nelson called this months ago. He said Brock no longer wanted to do MMA and that it was strange Shane Carwin had not been put into a fight and that he believed they were saving Carwin to put into this fight, but try and use Brock to get some ratings for the TUF series.

I'm going to try and find the article where Nelson called this. I thought it was a valid point because Carwin is a good fighter and he's just been wasting away. No one is tuning in for Lesnar vs Dos Santos anyway, but I think UFC wouldn't to capitalize one last time (along with the Heyman book) on Brock's name value. His career in MMA could be over and if that were the case, I could see him going back to WWE. He really seemed to have wanted to go back for WM 27.

If you google Roy Nelson thinks Brock's done you should find a few articles.

This was dated Jan 25, 2011.
Roy Nelson: Me personally, I don’t see Brock fighting JDS. Here’s my conspiracy theory: I think Brock’s probably done fighting. And then I see Carwin jumping in to fight JDS at the last minute or Frank Mir fighting JDS at the last minute, and I’ll get whoever’s left over. I really don’t see Brock fighting for much longer.

VigilanteMMA: Do you say that because you know Brock personally or do you see something else—like a lack of fire—with him?

Roy Nelson: I don’t know Brock personally. I just think that as a fighter you can tell who’s a fighter and who has that drive. Sometimes emotionally you can get that beaten out of you.

VigilanteMMA: It just seems like when Brock gets hit, he really doesn’t like it. While other guys, like you, seem to tolerate it…perhaps even enjoy it. How can you explain that?

Roy Nelson: It’s called “big Brother Syndrome” They hit you hard and you say “dude, I gotta hit you harder.” It’s either ingrained in you or it’s not. There’s some people that you get and you’re like ‘ah I don’t wanna hit back because I now it’s gonna get worse.’ If you have that mentality, then you’re not a fighter; not a competitor. If you get run over by a running back and you’re a linebacker, the first thing you want to do—if you’re a good linebacker—is say ‘he’s never gonna do that again.’ You’re basically going to put your foot down and stand for what you believe in. It’s definitely a mental thing, but it’s a thing you’re kinda born with. Like natural animal instinct. It’s like a superpower, either you have it or you don’t. But the thing is you have to learn how to hone it.

I'm guessing you said that because I'm coming across "insensitive" about the diverticulitis issue?

I just read about the story what I'd posted in my first post were it just said Brock had a diverticulitis relapse, I hadn't read anything else about the issue until afterwards. Apparently, it's quite serious? That's unfortunate and hopefully Brock pulls through.

I know Brock had a big problem with it before, but was it because his case of Diver. is severe or because he was in a bad hospital (I remember him bashing the Canadian health system.) I know people who have Diverticulitis and for them it doesn't seem a big deal, so by relapse I'm not sure exactly what it means for Brock.

Anyway, I did not think Brock was going to fight for a while. 1) Because I couldn't understand why Shane Carwin wasn't fighting since a lot of these upcoming cards are not that great, especially now with Edgar/Maynard off. 2) Brock had mentioned to Dana about leaving UFC because he really did want to face Taker at WM 27 and Dana wouldn't let him. That's why I was surprised when he was the coach for TUF. Before he was announced as a coach, it seemed like Brock was done with fighting and him and Dana White weren't even talking.

I hate Roy Nelson so I don't give 2 fucks what he says about anything.

It's funny to see him take someone down (like Kimbo,) lay his belly on them and tap their head 30 times to get the win, but other then that he's just a pompous ass.

I expect to see him lose to Mir at UFC 130.

And Dos Santos vs Carwin is a hell of a match up. I kind of want to see Carwin vs Velasquez, if it goes past the first round, Cain will probably win but Carwin only needs to tag him once and its lights out.

One thing I have to say about this season's TUF, is that Junior Dos Santos is one of the nicest men in MMA. I would like to see him beat Velasquez, but I'm not sure it can happen.

Why do people hate him. He has every right to be pompous. Chael Sonnen is the exact same... in fact he is far worse. Yet people think it's so cool. Roy is no joke. he stood with Junior Dos Santos for three rounds and took the best he offered countless times. He is tough and has a great top game. He doesn't have the best personality... we get that but there are far worse fighters who seem to be more accepted.

Why do people hate him. He has every right to be pompous. Chael Sonnen is the exact same... in fact he is far worse. Yet people think it's so cool. Roy is no joke. he stood with Junior Dos Santos for three rounds and took the best he offered countless times. He is tough and has a great top game. He doesn't have the best personality... we get that but there are far worse fighters who seem to be more accepted.

At least Sonnen's funny, Nelson is just an ass with nothing going for him outside the cage. But I agree he is very very good and will defo giv Mir a tough fight.

this is why i hate him.

He did this all through TUF and I gave up on him.

You hate him because he wins? I can see you hating him for being boring, or out of shape. But you can't deny his tallent. Roy layed on his stomach and beat people? Who the fuck cares? He won didn't he?

The dude has a fucking Bjj blackbelt under Renzo dude. You know who else has a blackbelt under him? Gsp, Frankie Edgar, Matt Serra, and more. Don't hate someone because they put on a few boring fights.

Roy has great skills and is a fucking tank. I've seen people take monster hits before, but did you see his fight with JDS? Lets get this around man, Jds has had two fights go past the first round. The one is still considered a 1 round but it is over 8 minutes. And the second he broke Cro Cops fucking face. He tanked Jds' punches for 3 rounds like a champ. Roy diserves respect for the shit he does.

The fact is that Roy is a mulletwearin white trash psychic, and I love it. I think it is hilarious how he called this, I hope Brock gets well soon and in no way am happy about him being ill again but seeing Roy's crazy conspiracy theory play out is just awesome :lmao:

So Dana White used Brock for ratings? Brilliant. I say this assuming fat ass Roy is telling the truth. In all reality, he probably got lucky with his "prediction," and had no clue what he was talking about.

You hate him because he wins? I can see you hating him for being boring.
so you took the word win out of that sentance and assume I hate him because he wins? I know you're not that fucking stupid.
But you can't deny his tallent.
He can have all the talent in the world but it doesn't mean I have to like him
Roy layed on his stomach and beat people? Who the fuck cares?
I do obviously.

If you really think Brock pulled out of this fight because he isn't interested in fighting anymore than you are a fucking idiot. Plain and simple. That's typical Sherdog shit.

I'm also pretty sure Carwin had a fight scheduled against Jon Olav Einemo. I don't know what the fuck you mean when you say that nobody is tuning in for Lesnar vs Dos Santos.

I don't know what the fuck you mean when you say that nobody is tuning in for Lesnar vs Dos Santos.

The Ultimate Fighter 13 Lesnar vs Dos Santos last rating was a .7, that's what I meant.

Also, I'm sorry my MMA posts always seem to disappoint you. I don't watch MMA much and I just found this interesting when I thought Nelson kind of predicted this, but obviously I was wrong. Yeah, Brock definitely wants to fight more and he will never go back to WWE because he's a fighter and that's all he cares about.

And yeah, Shane Carwin whose last fight was against Brock for the title, was suppose to face Einemo, I was really looking forward to that fight.

Anyway, I'm gonna try and not make anymore MMA threads cause I just end up sounding like a fucking idiot.

Damn dude, now you got me feeling like an asshole. I just get a little riled up when people insult Brock. I have such respect for the man that I get overly defensive. You're still learning and the only way to get better is to keep posting. You'd be a great addition to the growing MMA community.

Angel, I don't think i've ever seen you post in the MMA section nor have I ever talked to you. Kindly shut the fuck up please.

I've posted there before, and have talked to you. Jenks is better than you, don't get upset at me for stating facts.

Guess I just forgot. Wonder why :shrug:

I know Jenks is better than me even though there is no evidence for that to be called a fact. Angel is just so great that whatever he says gets turned into facts. That's what a great poster he is. Everybody on this forum is better than me. I should just stop posting all together. The mighty Angel seems to think so and I wouldn't want to clog up his computer with my crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back