Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Two...

Yn39IIg.png

Stage: Abandoned Weapon X Facility

Horrific things occurred at the Weapon X Facility, things that have driven the men and women that suffered the torturous procedures conduced there to violence, insanity, and even death. And today the opportunity for more violence at Weapon X presents itself as the Amazonian Wonder Woman takes on the trickster Bugs Bunny. Wonder Woman made short work of Mike Tyson, but Bugs Bunny also dispatched Mario fairly easily. Which one of these fighters will make it out of the facility, and which one will be another body left bleeding on the cold concrete floor?

FIGHT!

I think this would be more of a destructive chase, Wonder Woman chasing Bugs and destroying the stage in the process until finally she chokes out Bugs with her whip in a long, disturbing final scene.

Bugs can win this but it's going to be a long one.

Wonder Woman wins in a straight up hand to hand combat situation and I really don't think there's much of an argument against that.

The Lasso of Truth is interesting but the question is can she get it on Bugs. I mean, if Bugs can dodge bullets, there's a chance he can dodge a rope. Maybe not, but it's possible.

Bugs can win this by outsmarting Wonder Woman. In an abandoned Weapon X facility, there are a lot of things Bugs could use to his advantage, likely not in the prescribed way of course. If Bugs can trick Wonder Woman into incapacitating herself, perhaps by locking her away somewhere, he could technically win via knockout (judges?).

The key thing is I don't think Wonder Woman would be willing to use her full abilities to dispatch someone as innocent (on the surface at least) as Bugs. At the end of the day he's a wisecracking jokester and that makes him a formidable opponent for someone so used to going to war.

Then again, if anyone knows anything about war, it's Bugs "of course you know this means war" Bunny himself.

I'm going with the rabbit in an upset as Wonder Woman may be a goddess but Bugs has certainly showed some divine talents of his own before.

Can Bugs die? I really want to know. He's fallen off of cliffs, been shot, struck by lightening, can breath in space, and can outsmart damn near anyone. Can he die? Idk but I've seen him unconscious. So he taps on Wonder Woman's shoulder, "Ehh, crunch crunch crunch, what's up doc?" And she knocks the ever loving shit out of him. Down he goes.

Vote Wonder Woman.

Bugs is -- I believe -- the only competitor who can write his own rules. He is near-omnipotent, though likely an idiot-savant.

Here's a fun example of Bugs' insane abilities:

florida.gif

You saw it, Bugs managed to saw through nearly a thousand miles of Earth and push the newly created island of Florida hard enough to make it coast into the expanded Atlantic Ocean at an insanely fast speed.

Bugs is the kind of wildcard that I don't see a more conservative heroine like Wonder Woman being able to out-wit. The only way I can see someone beating Bugs Bunny would be if they could be capable of out-witting him.

I'm still on the fence, but I'm leaning toward Bugs.

Wonder Woman recently became a demi-god. Bugs Bunny is a comic god and it's unfair to have him in this tournament. :lmao:

This gets a lot more interesting knowing that these two once shared the same universe. Superman & Bugs Bunny was a 4-issue comic miniseries that had The Justice League meet The Looney Tunes. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman... almost lost their minds by the way. The Looney Tunes are too fucking psychotic and random for even the strongest superheroes.

I mention the cross-over for two reasons. One, it is proof Bugs Bunny has met Wonder Woman. And two, Bugs Bunny was the one who saved the day. While the World's Greatest Detective and the Son of Krypton tried to figure out how to stop Mister Mxyzptlk, Bugs actually did so by outsmarting the trickster.

So I don't think it's any stretch to say Bugs Bunny could outsmart Wonder Woman. I believe he would know how to defeat WW because he does read DC comics and was even shown doing so in that 4-issue comic.

Wonder Woman's weakness, at least originally, was being bound. Her bracelets in particular:

fGrIL.jpg

Bugs is no stranger to bondage. Many times we've seen him tied up with rope ready to be served in stew, walk the plank, hanged, dive into a shallow pool, etc just to escape. Guy knows his way around getting tied up, and how to get out of it. Surely he would know how to bind someone.

And it doesn't say she had to be bound by a human man, which is sort of odd. You'd think coming from the Amazonians the rules would be more specific than that, but they're not. Comics love exploiting loopholes and that is why we have a woman Thor. Bugs Bunny is technically a man. He can subdue WW.

But I feel it is a valid argument to say the whole bondage weakness was retconned. What weakness does modern Wonder Woman have? Well she does date Superman now, and Batman even said in the New 52 that if she did have a weakness, Superman was it.

3060905-wonderwoman_novulnerability_01.jpg

3060926-wonderwoman_novulnerability_02.jpg

And what Master of Disguise could fuck the modern Wonder Woman's world up?

287054-72477-bugs-bunny.jpg

Bugs Bunny is highly unpredictable. He is a manipulator with a silver tongue and defies physics on a consistent basis. He beat a Superman villain he barely knew in the same comic that had ALL the major players in it including Wonder Woman. He could trick Wonder Woman. He'd piss her off but not before he eked out a win.

Can WW even use the Lasso of Truth on Bugs? I mean the dude comes from a world of lies.

That comic seals it for me.

Bugs is relatively unbeatable. There's not anything he hasn't done in his universe or that he can't do. He's played professional sports, been a professional boxer, a bull fighter, hunter, music conductor, artist, movie star, actor, he's a master of disguise. Hell, he's even once been a super hero. I would say that since this battle is not in his universe that he's at a disadvantage but it's been said that all characters carry their traits with them.

How can he lose? He was even once the artist for one of his episodes, erasing characters and changing them at will.

Bugs would win.

I think the ridiculousness clause may have to be invoked...

Bugs Bunny is not the illustrator of the BattleZone Tournament. He is a master of disguise, he is very crafty, and he does seem to have some magical properties, like being able to travel extremely long distances almost instantly and saw Florida off of the United States (to which I say good riddance (sorry Pancake)), but he's not omnipotent.

Furthermore, I don't think there's anything he can do to hurt Wonder Woman. Bugs' pranks are relatively benign compared to what, say, Wil E. Coyote attempts to do to Road Runner. From what I know of Bugs, he never uses weaponry or traps to defeat his opponents, he mostly tricks them into beating themselves.

I will also remind you that almost 100% of the people that have lost fights to Bugs Bunny are idiots.

Wonder Woman is not an idiot. In fact, she possesses, and I'm going to bold this to make sure it's not ignored because this alone negates anything Bugs can really try to pull, the Wisdom of Athena. That means she LITERALLY has the wisdom of a goddess. She is too wise to fall for Bugs Bunny's pranks, disguises, and general tomfoolery.

With that in mind, I present to you visual evidence that Bugs CAN be hurt and that he even can be scared for his life...

Yes, Bugs ultimately wins this fight, but again, it's because his opponent is an idiot. Also, his opponent isn't descended from gods, just a kind of out of shape wrestler.

Diana Prince, without a doubt, has what it takes to knock Bugs Bunny out of this tournament. In fact, she's almost the perfect foil for the trickster.

Don't buy into the cult of Bugs, vote for Wonder Woman.

Voting is tied, so I'll cast my written vote for WW.

I'm not a big fan of Wonder Woman, but she takes this fight. She isn't some backwoods hunter or some anthropomorphic duck, she is literally a goddess. She isn't the run of the mill enemy that Bugs typically deals with.

The location, to me, doesn't favor one competitor or another, so on equal footing Wonder Woman beats Bugs. I don't think he has enough in his bag of tricks to outsmart a goddess.

Basically this boils down to Wonder Woman vs. Mister Mxyzptlk. Who is Mister Mxyzptlk you ask? He's an enemy of Superman who can alter reality and basically do anything he wants but he would rather spend his time annoying Superman because he's pretty much just a prankster.

That's basically Bugs, though without Mister Mxyzptlk's weakness. Bugs isn't bound by laws of reality (see him cutting off Florida for example). Wonder Woman may be gifted with all these powers, but she lives in a world bound by rules. Bugs basically lives in his own universe and can do whatever he wants. There are things that Bugs is capable of doing that almost no hero or villain can do.

Wonder Woman is amazing and has the skills of a god. The problem for her though is Bugs basically is divine as well. He's virtually unkillable, can do things that can't be done by almost anyone else in reality and he knows how to fight without much at his disposal.

Above all else though, Bugs has a mean streak and if you tick him off, it's time to go to war. That's where I think Wonder Woman is in trouble. If he can get in her head and shake her up (or tie her up as per the above picture), Bugs can win.

Wonder Woman is very powerful, but I don't think she's crafty enough to pull this one off. Bugs is just too crafty and has too much at his disposal to lose, especially in a place like a Weapons X factory where he has lots of potential toys to play with.

Wonder Woman has plenty going for her, but I think one thing would work here. The toon universe rules dont exactly apply here. Bugs himself may carry some characteristics, but his powers seem like they could only work inside his world to an extent. So what is stopping WW from using the lasso to restrain him & walk away? Bugs would not have an illustrator to lend a hand & technically he just has to be incapacitated.

Cheap, but it may have merit since there would be no magic eraser or artist overlord to send in ACME products. Besides, would Bugs not be forced to tell the truth when under the power of her lasso? Seems like she could just make him tell her a weakness.

Wonder Woman has plenty going for her, but I think one thing would work here. The toon universe rules dont exactly apply here. Bugs himself may carry some characteristics, but his powers seem like they could only work inside his world to an extent. So what is stopping WW from using the lasso to restrain him & walk away? Bugs would not have an illustrator to lend a hand & technically he just has to be incapacitated.

Cheap, but it may have merit since there would be no magic eraser or artist overlord to send in ACME products. Besides, would Bugs not be forced to tell the truth when under the power of her lasso? Seems like she could just make him tell her a weakness.

Actually from JGlass in the Ask A Question thread:

3) Assume that the laws of the universe from the competitors apply to the stage, not vice versa. For instance, if Dumbledore were to fight in an Old West Saloon where magic does not exist, Dumbledore's magic would still work.

So yes, Bugs would have the full abilities from Looney Tune Land.

The physical properties of that universe would be, but that would not extend to toon based assists like the illustrator & ACME delivery. Meaning he could take a shotgun to the face & just get covered in gunpowder, but the gun could not be erased and redrawn as a water pistol. He could make a saw appear to try and break free, but he could not get an ACME brand magic lasso escape manual.

I still point to the fact that Bugs doesn't have anything he could do to Wonder Woman, and nobody has yet given any proof that Bugs has any offensive moods to harm her.

She's to wise to fall for Bugs Bunny's tricks. She's too strong to fall victim to the traditional toon weaponry like falling anvils and what not.

The whole Bugs winning this fight argument hinges on him being "too crafty," but Bugs has never once beaten anybody smarter than he is, and Wonder Woman is, without a doubt, smarter than Bugs Bunny.

I still point to the fact that Bugs doesn't have anything he could do to Wonder Woman, and nobody has yet given any proof that Bugs has any offensive moods to harm her.

She's to wise to fall for Bugs Bunny's tricks. She's too strong to fall victim to the traditional toon weaponry like falling anvils and what not.

The whole Bugs winning this fight argument hinges on him being "too crafty," but Bugs has never once beaten anybody smarter than he is, and Wonder Woman is, without a doubt, smarter than Bugs Bunny.

That's possibly because very few are actually smarter than Bugs in the first place.

In a straight fight, Bugs does lose to her. However, Bugs is going to fight about as straight as.....uh.....well as something very unstraight. If nothing else he's smart enough to not try going head to head with her. I'm also not sure what Wonder Woman can throw at him that Bugs wouldn't have a counter for.

Are we still under the impression Bugs can only outwit the complete morons of the Looney Toon World? Bugs Bunny has defeated mad scientists, doctors, and the people responsible for World War II with his wits. He is famous for outsmarting dumbasses like Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam, but they are only a few of the many he has outclassed. Dude can hack alien technology, something I have a hard time believing is up the Amazonian's alley. He is smarter than Wonder Woman.

And if he is smarter than her, then he could best her in a fight. He's blown up monsters and fired lasers at martians. He'll take the environment he is in and use it. Since it's the Weapon X Facility, a place that has given us mutants with super regenerative abilities and blade fetishes, Bugs is going to give a really good Wolverine impression that'll be hilarious and Wonder Woman is probably going to find him adorable and want to take him home.

Does getting adopted count as a victory? I think it should. I can't see WW beating up someone as benign as Bugs and Bugs knows how to tug at heart strings.

That's possibly because very few are actually smarter than Bugs in the first place.

In the Looney Tunes universe, maybe. But outside the Tuniverse (a term I just made up), Bugs Bunny is probably a lot closer to your Deadpools of the world than your Wonder Womans. He knows weird shit that nobody else knows (like that he's a cartoon), but not things that will help him win a fight.

In a straight fight, Bugs does lose to her. However, Bugs is going to fight about as straight as.....uh.....well as something very unstraight. If nothing else he's smart enough to not try going head to head with her. I'm also not sure what Wonder Woman can throw at him that Bugs wouldn't have a counter for.[/QUOTE]

How about her body? Or any one of her numerous weapons? As that video I posted earlier shows, once Bugs Bunny has been engaged physically (and he can be engaged physically, if a professional wrestler can do it than a superhuman certainly could), his only escape is through trickery, and as previously stated, Wonder Woman is too wise to fall for any of Bugs half baked tricks.

In the Looney Tunes universe, maybe. But outside the Tuniverse (a term I just made up), Bugs Bunny is probably a lot closer to your Deadpools of the world than your Wonder Womans. He knows weird shit that nobody else knows (like that he's a cartoon), but not things that will help him win a fight.

I'd put him closer to a Mr. Mxy.....however I spelled that earlier: a smart guy who is going to drive Wonder Woman crazy. The longer you deal with someone like Bugs, the more like him you become. If he can throw Wonder Woman off her game, he can beat her.

How about her body? Or any one of her numerous weapons? As that video I posted earlier shows, once Bugs Bunny has been engaged physically (and he can be engaged physically, if a professional wrestler can do it than a superhuman certainly could), his only escape is through trickery, and as previously stated, Wonder Woman is too wise to fall for any of Bugs half baked tricks.

Wonder Woman is too wise to fall for them at first. If Bugs can get her into a conversation (as Bugs is known to monologue), he might be able to trick her, which is as good an option as any. As mentioned, there's a way to get rid of Wonder Woman's powers and if Bugs does that, he can beat her.

So talking is a superpower now? Enough to defeat an intelligent.meta-human?

Saying she will get confused enough to lose is fucking ridiculous. Unless the Micro Machines guy takes the whole thing next year.

So talking is a superpower now? Enough to defeat an intelligent.meta-human?

Saying she will get confused enough to lose is fucking ridiculous. Unless the Micro Machines guy takes the whole thing next year.

Is it though? It's been established that Wonder Woman's powers can be stripped if her wrists are bound. If Bugs can distract her with his gift of gab, he could manage to get a quick rope around her and make this one sided.

Bugs has talked his way out of everything before and I see no reason why he couldn't do it again here. It's his best strength so why go against it?

Is it though? It's been established that Wonder Woman's powers can be stripped if her wrists are bound. If Bugs can distract her with his gift of gab, he could manage to get a quick rope around her and make this one sided.

Bugs has talked his way out of everything before and I see no reason why he couldn't do it again here. It's his best strength so why go against it?

She won't be able to though, because Wonder Woman won't fall for Bugs tricks. Again, Wonder Woman has the Wisdom of Athena. She is literally as wise as the goddess of wisdom. Bugs Bunny fools, at best, goofy humans like Hitler and cartoon animators. Wonder Woman's wisdom far exceeds either of theirs.

She won't be able to though, because Wonder Woman won't fall for Bugs tricks. Again, Wonder Woman has the Wisdom of Athena. She is literally as wise as the goddess of wisdom. Bugs Bunny fools, at best, goofy humans like Hitler and cartoon animators. Wonder Woman's wisdom far exceeds either of theirs.

And again I say we haven't seen Bugs' limits tested. Bugs is every much a god as Wonder Woman and really has no limits to his abilities. If you can saw a country into pieces, you can find a way to get a rope around someone's wrists, especially with the various toys that he could find to play with around this location.

Bugs Bunny kicked away the state of Florida like it was a pebble after sawing through the rock. It's not like he'd be a slouch, physically, against anyone.

On top of that, he's the most versatile, unpredictable and elusive character in this entire tournament. He can do, literally, whatever he wants.

To think he can't mange to bind someone's hands is a stretch to say the least. Even someone as strong as WW.

Have you people seen the cartoon where Bugs saws off Florida? Because it's one of the very few cartoons where he loses and he ends up in jail. Hardly a good argument. It's called Rebel Rabbit. Go watch it.

And again I say we haven't seen Bugs' limits tested. Bugs is every much a god as Wonder Woman and really has no limits to his abilities. If you can saw a country into pieces, you can find a way to get a rope around someone's wrists, especially with the various toys that he could find to play with around this location.

While I'm also under the impression that Bugs would win, Wonder Woman hasn't had the being bound weakness since before the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline. That's a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back