Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One...

JTsXJ26.png

The alien race of Xenomorphs are sci-fi icons, with brutal physiology and even more brutal attacks. Ms. Marvel is young, plucky, and ready to take on the world. It's a bizarre first round matchup that you'll only see here in the BattleZone!

FIGHT!

Ms. Marvel for the easy win. She has way to many powers at her disposal to be threatened by a Xenomorph. If Ripley can take them out, Ms. Marvel won't have a problem.

Ms. Marvel for the easy win. She has way to many powers at her disposal to be threatened by a Xenomorph. If Ripley can take them out, Ms. Marvel won't have a problem.

Disagree. For one thing, this version of Miss Marvel doesn't have that many powers. Really, besides her size shifting, she really only has her healing abilities, but as soon as she gets poisoned by the Xenomorph (and she will), her healing factor will kick in which will slow down her size alerting powers, or even stop them from working.

Ms. Marvel's problem is that she needs to at least get close to do damage, and alien may have the biggest hand-to-hand combat advantage in that it can infect someone with its toxic blood as soon as they're in range. This isn't such a big deal for the guys with the heavy duty healing factors like Wolverine or Deadpool, but it's certainly Ms. Marvel's healing factor will not be enough to cope with the poison. It may neutralize the poison, but it will also neutralize her powers, making her easy prey for the alien.

So you're telling me that a normal human, Ripley and countless others can take Xenomorphs and Xenomorph queens but a super powered being doesn't stand a chance? Ok. You go with that.

Idc if her only ability was healing. With that she'd still stand a better chance than 95% of the Alien characters that have killed Xenomorphs.

Vote Ms. Marvel.

This Ms Marvel is not the same as Carol Danvers Ms Marvel, the one that can weaponize a white hole. This is Kamala Kahn Ms Marvel, and her primary powers are elasticity and body manipulation. She can stretch her limbs and increase her size and body mass.

I'm going to assume that this is the Alien Queen. That makes this fight more interesting.

I know nothing about Kamala Kahn. I did some digging and I found a few feats for her. She has a healing factor that allows her to survive being shot in the abdomen. She dodges a laser at point blank range...

3945027-ms++marvel+%234+-+page+19.jpg

Which would allow her to follow a Xenomorph's movements, and they can move fast enough to dodge bullets. Her healing factor would probably allow her to parry the aliens acid spit as well as her healing factor seems to be nearly instant. But from what I can gather it is derived from her life force, so the more that she uses it the more it places a strain on her body. She doesn't seems to have anywhere near the vitality of Deadpool or Wolverine.

She can manipulate the mass of her limbs to make herself faster or stronger. She can grow to the size of the Xenomorph queen if she wanted to.

She's tough enough to survive a building collapsing on top of her...

4092713-ms++marvel+%238+-+page+20.jpg

And she's strong enough to smash steel...

4092701-ms++marvel+%238+-+page+13.jpg

She has the strength and speed to hold her own against the Alien Queen, and she's tough enough to duke it out without being immediately massacred. Though I'd probably say the Queen would be stronger as I recall one running through steel doors and concrete walls without slowing down. The Queen has a healing factor but it's not as strong as Marvel's. This Ms Marvel can also shape shift but I don't think she can use it to her advantage. It would be a tough battle for her.

The Queen also has it's trump card, which is the quick parasitic infection. While I do not doubt the possibly that Ms Marvel could survive having her chest ripped open, it would take a lot of energy out of her. If the Queen deploys the chest buster while Marvel's energy is low then I don't see her surviving.

I'm actually leaning towards the Alien Queen here. Kamala would kick the ever loving shit out of a smaller one though.

The name of the alien in this tournament is Xenomorph, not Xenomorph Queen. Furthermore, in the character bios for the Xenomorph skills, it says nothing about super strength or instant parasitic infection or enhanced size. Sorry, but your assumptions are misguided because the tournament itself has dictated that this is your run of the mill Xenomorph. Also, I know a great deal about Khan and I'm telling you, if fucking Ripley and other regular people can take out Xenomorphs, then Khan will have no problem. Even if this was the Queen, which it is not, then again, if fucking Ripley can take out a Queen using a slow moving mech suit fork lift thing then Khan, who is much faster, stronger, and durable would have no problem.

This is what it says of Khan's abilities on wiki:

Although Kamala has the same superhero alias as previously Danvers did, her powers are not similar to the blonde bombshell. Kamala is a polymorph after being exposed to the Terrigen Mist. This gives her the ability to stretch her body in almost anyway imaginable. Kamala can also increase and decrease her size to both gigantic and tiny sizes. The limits of this ability has yet to be revealed but she has grown large enough to handle a car and shrunk to the size of a cockroach. She can also selectively increase and decrease the size of any part of her body, although she prefers to increase the size of her fists. But she also uses the ability to increase the length of her legs so that she can travel great distances in a short amount of time. Kamala also has the ability to shape-shift. In theory she can look like anyone she wants, but so far she has only changed into Carol Danvers and her own mother. Kamala also has healing abilities since she has been shot in the stomach but was able to heal over the wound when she transformed back to her original form. She cannot transform again until the healing process is complete.

Don't let the fact that you aren't familiar with Khan sway you. She would win this fight and win it easily.

I dont think baby Marvel can get it done. She could hang a bit but I think her healing factor will actually be her downfall when it drains her & leaves her a bit more prone for defeat. In close, the Xenomorph is damn dangerous & being hit with stretchy limbs will probably just piss it off.

And for their credit, a weaker healing factor and rubberman abilities are not better than an arsenal of weapons or robot suits that the Alien franchise crew had. Hell, those powers are not even as good as what the Predator has at its disposal to hunt its prey.

The name of the alien in this tournament is Xenomorph, not Xenomorph Queen.

The Xenomorph race is filled with many different kinds of fighters. If one specific fighter was not listed to represent them then what I [and likely others] would do is assume that their strongest fighter, The Queen, would be representing them.

Furthermore, in the character bios for the Xenomorph skills, it says nothing about super strength or instant parasitic infection or enhanced size.

The bio's do nothing but introduce us to the basics of what a character might be capable of. They aren't set parameters. If you aren't familiar enough with a character to argue for them then you do your own research to fill in the gaps.

The Xenomorph Queen can plow through buildings unharmed. It has super strength. In AVP the Queen casually toppled a large steel drum filled with water.

The Queen can lay eggs. They can mature at rapid pace. They hatch a Facehugger, which attaches to the victim, and a Chestbuster is born soon after. In this battle it is not completely out of the realm of possibly that the reproductive cycle of the Xenomorph could be weaponized.

Sorry, but your assumptions are misguided because the tournament itself has dictated that this is your run of the mill Xenomorph.

Where has the tournament stated that this is a run of the mill Xenomorph? That is your assumption.

Also, I know a great deal about Khan and I'm telling you, if fucking Ripley and other regular people can take out Xenomorphs, then Khan will have no problem.

Show me some feats of hers that I missed that would lead me to believe that she could defeat a Queen. She needs to be strong enough to at least bring down a building or cause an impact crater with enough force behind it to do the same. Show me something like that and I'll concede. If not then I'm still leaning Xenomorph.

I dont think baby Marvel can get it done. She could hang a bit but I think her healing factor will actually be her downfall when it drains her & leaves her a bit more prone for defeat. In close, the Xenomorph is damn dangerous & being hit with stretchy limbs will probably just piss it off.

And for their credit, a weaker healing factor and rubberman abilities are not better than an arsenal of weapons or robot suits that the Alien franchise crew had. Hell, those powers are not even as good as what the Predator has at its disposal to hunt its prey.

She isn't just stretchy, she can change her physiology to increase her speed and strength. So much so that she can physically lift cars, burst through walls, and etc.

Here, maybe this helps.....

Alias(es): Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Bendy Girl, Giant Girl, Big M
Full Name: Kamala Khan
Species: Human with Inhuman heritage
Affiliations: Avengers, Inhumans, Champions

FEATS
-Rescued a girl from drowning
-Fought off some robots to save her friend's brother
-Managed to defeat Loki (somehow)
-Along with Miles Morales and Nova, save some classmates from a miniature nuclear reactor

SKILL
-Very knowledgable in the super community, even on obscure villains
>This could make her smarter than Agent Coulson, who has been studying heroes and villians for years
-Often writes fanfiction

STRENGTH
-Can carry several people at once
-Can kick through metal
-Can hold back living clay capable of breaking through walls
-Destroyed a metal fan with ease
-Can throw large objects, such as debris and cars, with ease

SPEED
-Can change her speed via shape-shifting
-Dodged a laser weapon
-Can shrink to avoid dangerous sitiuations, like

DURABILITY
-Can withstand electricity coursing through her body
>While she does pain, doesn't suffer any real damage
-Survived getting shot
-Got attacked by a giant robot and was still fine

SHAPESHIFTING
-Can stretch, deform, expand, or compress her entire body or parts thereof into any contiguous shape she can imagine for a variety of uses
-Can extend her limbs, torso, or neck to great distances
-Can use this ability to shapeshift into other people and inanimate objects

SIZE MANIPULATION
-Can, through unknown means, adjust her height and stature adding upon her already impressive physical abilities
-Either shrinking to the size of an action figure or ant to growing as tall as a building structure

HEALING FACTOR
-Capable of rapidly healing from injuries, such as bullet wounds
-However, use of her other powers interrupts the healing process, requiring Kamala to maintain her normal appearance while recovering
>Extensive healing also leaves Kamala heavily-fatigued and hungry
>It appears the more she utilizes her healing ability, the less malleable her cells become, which prevents her from using the full range of her morphogenic abilities

WEAKNESSES
-Is vunarable to EMPs, which can weaken her elasticity
-Healing factor can be overloaded
>Needs to be in a non-shapeshifted form to heal
-Needs a lot of food to keep up her power

She is far more powerful than that damn mechsuit or a predator and human which beat a queen in Alien vs. Predator.

She would win this fight.

The Xenomorph race is filled with many different kinds of fighters. If one specific fighter was not listed to represent them then what I [and likely others] would do is assume that their strongest fighter, The Queen, would be representing them.

The bio's do nothing but introduce us to the basics of what a character might be capable of. They aren't set parameters. If you aren't familiar enough with a character to argue for them then you do your own research to fill in the gaps.

The Xenomorph Queen can plow through buildings unharmed. It has super strength. In AVP the Queen casually toppled a large steel drum filled with water.

The Queen can lay eggs. They can mature at rapid pace. They hatch a Facehugger, which attaches to the victim, and a Chestbuster is born soon after. In this battle it is not completely out of the realm of possibly that the reproductive cycle of the Xenomorph could be weaponized.

Where has the tournament stated that this is a run of the mill Xenomorph? That is your assumption.

Show me some feats of hers that I missed that would lead me to believe that she could defeat a Queen. She needs to be strong enough to at least bring down a building or cause an impact crater with enough force behind it to do the same. Show me something like that and I'll concede. If not then I'm still leaning Xenomorph.

See above and why does she need be as strong as you described to beat a Queen? Did you just come up with that and it has to be? Cause none of the opponents in cinema that beat the Queens were that powerful. None. Also, the Queens have shown to be not very bright and have been outsmarted on different occasions.

Congratulations for making one of the worst arguments for a character ever. Here is a tip. When trying to play up how super awesome someone is, please leave out the parts like:

-proficient in underwater rescues. (So are lifeguards. Maybe we should add Hasselhoff next year)
-can win at superhero bio trivia (Stan Lee vs the Hoff. Book it.)
-totally destroyed a metal fan (Oh Shit, I qualify!)

So here it is folks. Stan "The Man" vs Hoff vs nightmare vs NorCal (he has guns and breaks tables)

Oh and Stretch Armstrong over here still loses since she likely isnt carrying around a bag of tacos to help her regenerate.

See above and why does she need be as strong as you described to beat a Queen? Did you just come up with that and it has to be? Cause none of the opponents in cinema that beat the Queens were that powerful. None. Also, the Queens have shown to be not very bright and have been outsmarted on different occasions.

I'm going to lift this straight from the Xenopedia Wiki

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_(caste)

Queens are very intelligent and have been known to operate machinery and understand and even interpret human actions at a basic level. They are able to communicate with and command other Xenomorphs through various means, apparently including the use of audible screeches, pheromone release and possibly even some form of telepathy; Queens are typically in almost constant contact with their brood, even across significant distances or through considerable obstructions.[5][2] Queens also possess significant observational learning abilities. All of these skills were displayed when the first Queen on LV-426 ordered her Warriors to back off when Ellen Ripley threatened to destroy her Eggs.[1] This ability to interact and even "negotiate" with a human implies significant and advanced intellect. While many of these intellectual traits can be seen to some degree in virtually all Xenomorphs, it is known that Queens are vastly superior in every aspect.

Although they are violent and hostile monsters, Queens seem to be very caring and protective towards their offspring, particularly their unborn Eggs, and will act (or refrain from acting) if doing so will spare their spawn. However, destruction of a Queen's nest can apparently drive her into a vengeful rage; the Queen on LV-426 pursued Ripley and Rebecca Jorden relentlessly after the former incinerated her Hive, even going so far as to hide herself in the landing gear of their Dropship and follow them back to the USS Sulaco.[1] The threat of the destruction of a Queen's Eggs has also been known to impart a degree of leverage upon a Queen; there are several recorded instances whereby individuals have threatened a Queen's Eggs in order to coerce her to cooperate/spare their lives. Also, in Aliens: Earth Hive, a Queen is given an IQ test, of sorts, and receives a score of 175.

I bolded all the parts that are significant. Queens are incredibly intelligent and can adapt to their surroundings quickly. Use problem solving skills. As well as possess above genius human level intellect.

Ms Marvel is fighting an enemy that may very well be much smarter than her.

Also Ms Marvel needs to be that strong because that is how strong the Queen has been shown to be. Ripley beat a Queen because the plot demanded it. There will be none of that here.

I don't want to hear Ripley beat a Queen because of plot. That's a bullshit argument. Let me guess, the predator and human from AvP likewise outsmarted that Queen and literally beat it by tying a weight to it's tail because of plot right? :lmao:In movies the Queen has shown to be stupid and easily beaten by weaker opponents. So HISTORY suggests that that the super powered, super strong, fast, and durable Ms. Marvel would do the same.

I don't want to hear Ripley beat a Queen because of plot. That's a bullshit argument. Let me guess, the predator and human from AvP likewise outsmarted that Queen and literally beat it by tying a weight to it's tail because of plot right? :lmao:In movies the Queen has shown to be stupid and easily beaten by weaker opponents. So HISTORY suggests that that the super powered, super strong, fast, and durable Ms. Marvel would do the same.

Yeah. It's called plot induced stupidity. It's where a character gets nerfed for the sake of a plot. It happens all the time in fiction. The fact that the Queen was defeated by an opponent that shouldn't have been able to defeat it doesn't mean that Ms Marvel should be given a free pass to do so as well. She needs to have strength feats greater than those of the Queen and she doesn't.

So a Queen can lift and throw cars with ease? Burst through steel? Not run through steel, literally from a still position kick or punch through steel? Can defeat robots (We know for a fact they can't do that)? I'm sorry, but Khan can make herself larger and stronger than the Queen or smaller AND faster than the Queen. Either way, she has an advantage over the Queen. Not to mention she can heal from damage and that is if she takes any because she's durable enough to have a building fall on her. The Queen can't even, with all of its might and body weight, keep a chain and part of a water tower from dragging it down. Oh and this problem solving, smart, caring Queen doesn't have the wherewithal to either untie or break the chain to keep from being drug down.

Khan wins.

Congratulations for making one of the worst arguments for a character ever. Here is a tip. When trying to play up how super awesome someone is, please leave out the parts like:

-proficient in underwater rescues. (So are lifeguards. Maybe we should add Hasselhoff next year)
-can win at superhero bio trivia (Stan Lee vs the Hoff. Book it.)
-totally destroyed a metal fan (Oh Shit, I qualify!)

So here it is folks. Stan "The Man" vs Hoff vs nightmare vs NorCal (he has guns and breaks tables)

Oh and Stretch Armstrong over here still loses since she likely isnt carrying around a bag of tacos to help her regenerate.

It was better than your argument which amounted to, "idk shit about Khan other than she can stretch and maybe heal a little bit. Basically what I've read from others in this thread so she auto loses kinda like Kirby loses to Black Panther because I don't like pink balloons".

No, she loses because she has a weak ass healing factor & would likely make a dumb mistake due to her lack of knowledge. She may well figure out it has acid projectiles, but no way she links that to its blood. So more than likely, she gets some blowback & retreats to attempt to heal/regroup. Now X is pissed & on the hunt.

That spells danger 9/10 times, especially when the person has no idea what it is up against. She has no firepower, weakened & now second guesses her attacks because it has deadly consequences. Meanwhile the Xenomorph is confident, dangerous & reacts smart due to knowing what she can do. Smells blood & in for the kill.

None of the above has anything to do with me having fun in another thread. It has everything to do with the inability of your girl to get it done.

So her being stronger, faster, more durable, and being able to make herself larger (much larger) than a Queen means nothing because you know for a fact that she's going to get shredded? Even though the most popular media to feature Xenomorph Queens suggests/show that they can be beaten by lesser opponents. Even with evidence to the contrary, you still say Ms. Marvel will lose and with no other evidence than, "this is how I for see the battle going"? Ok.

Why don't you just admit that you have no idea who Khan is and that you like the Xenomorph more. I can almost respect that.

You are the one who presented a long list of inflated bullshit, some relevant, most not. Thats what I am going on. The most important things to take away from that is:

She is far from battle tested like many others here. This particular X may not be either, but it is a predator so a killer instinct goes a long way given how it is just dropped in front of someone random. It will figure out a bit of her style and adapt. She will be on her heels more here.

Her use of powers is finite. No way to replenish energy. Big fucking problem when fighting some crazy alien and trying to heal from acid eating your flesh.

Someone remind me, are Xenomorphs acidic to the touch? I know their blood is acidic, but I forget if they are acidic to the touch or not. That will go a long way in determining who I think wins this fight.

Man, I love Kamala Khan. One of my favorite heroes going right now. Great powers, awesome character. But in my eyes, nightmare is right. I think that Kamala COULD defeat a Xenomorph, but in this case the finite healing factor and lack of experience is going to prove to be a major undoing. Right now, I gotta say I'm leaning towards the alien.

I dont believe they are acidic to the touch, Yaz. If so, I assume it would be the same type in their blood/spit & that acid is strong enough to melt pretty much anything. If it was then one could assume walking or hiding in against the walls would burn right though.

I do however remember them being smart enough to be aware of its acidic properties enough to sever limbs or even kill one of its own to escape death. Their main goal is to reproduce and kill anything that threatens survival. Are thinking a Mario64 scenario of grab the tail & swinging it or what? Rubber arm bear hug? Where are you going with this?

Someone remind me, are Xenomorphs acidic to the touch? I know their blood is acidic, but I forget if they are acidic to the touch or not. That will go a long way in determining who I think wins this fight.

They are not acidic to the touch. Only their blood.

I voted for Ms. Marvel, with very limited knowledge of her powers or the abilities of a Xenomorph.

It was mentioned that xenomorphs are mindless killing machines, which I really don't see as an advantage in a fight against a super-heroine who actually has her wits about her.

I'm not seeing any unique xenomorph in this fight, just your average run-of-the-mill xenomorph. To me, they're fodder for the hero in a story. In comes Ms. Marvel to save the day.

For those that still doubt Khan:

ASM-8-15.png

Here she is holding back a transformed Dr. Minerva, who is larger then buildings.

4229665-amazing+spider-man+%238+-+page+4.jpg

Here she is using Spidey's webs to throw him so hard into Dr. Minerva(Who before she even transformed unto that monster had strength, speed, durability, and flight comparable to the original Ms. Marvel, now it's several times greater) hard enough to send her flying.

4229661-amazing+spider-man+%237+-+page+9.jpg

Her she is growing large enough to step on Minerva.

4943670-msmarv2015004-cov-b4d8c.jpg

Lifting a bus.

3580102-all-new-marvel-now-point-one-001-034-2.jpg

Here throwing a car with minimal effort.

5251250-1.jpg

Lifting several people at once.

If you still think that she can't take Xenomorph Queen then you're in denial and at this point you're being stubborn. She doesn't even have to make the damn thing bleed to beat it. Why can't she fling against something so hard it gets knocked out? Step on it? Beat the shit out of it? For all those saying that she is inexperienced, she's beaten Loki, literally thousands of years of experience and Dr. Minerva one of the original Captain Mar-vell's and Ms. Marvel's most dangerous villians.

I'm actually regretting my vote for Xenomorph right now. Those panels that Phenom posted are pretty convincing.

I'm not ready to endorse Ms. Marvel with a text vote yet, but that's the way I'm leaning. I still feel like the question of what will happen if Ms. Marvel is poisoned by Xenomorph needs to be addressed, because I don't see her not getting a face full of acid spit as soon as the fight starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back