• Captain America

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One...

nqUyd5k.png

This may be a round one match up in the BattleZone Tournament, but it's round two for these Marvel powerhouses. Civil War left us without a definitive winner, but the BattleZone won't! Shields or webs? You decide!

FIGHT!

Don't you vote for that juiced up jingo. Don't you fucking dare.

I'm a wall-crawling, psychic Tarzan who can blow his wad with precision. What is he? A beefcake with a shield? A hunk of a man whose fighting skills make me question my sexuality? Sure. But my reaction time is superior to his. My Spider-Sense, at their full potential, is a weapon that outclasses his star spangled escutcheon. I think I've taught some of you a new word. You should give me a vote for that too.

And this is me not bringing out certain elements of my story that's canon. I had six arms once. Six. The fuck is American Man gonna do when I land a dozen fists into his well-chiseled jaw? Cry from sea to shiny sea? I'm Spider-Man. My movies gave his movies a leg to stand on. I'm more bankable, I have the skill-set to either beat or subdue Cap'n, and I'm a riot. He may be more handsome than me but this isn't a Beauty Contest so don't vote for eye candy please. Vote for the guy who does whatever a spider can.

I'll take his toy away.

Hail OsCorp.

Captain America = the human body at its ultimate peak condition, plus some juice.
Spiderman = completely different level of strength, speed, durability plus some spider-sense.

I'm going with Spiderman, everyone's favorite wall-crawler, the web head. I'll say that Spidey's strength is at least the same as Cap's if not bigger. Spiderman is also faster, with much less weight to carry around. Also, countless time before Spiderman's shield has completely been able to neutralize Cap's shield.

Fighting skills wise, of course Cap is better. But this is not high school Peter Parker, a teenager Spiderman making his first steps at fighting crime. This is Spiderman with 15 years of experience in his back (comic wise). So Cap's skills won't really matter here.

I'm sorry to say it, but this is should be a walk in the park for Spidey.

Spidey, I just wanted you to know that before you were posting here, I filled the roll of the Friendly Neighborhood JGlass. My sig was John Morrison with a Spider-Man mask on because he had just done that awesome spot at the Royal Rumble where he parkoured the wall and jumped back into the ring.

But anyway...

I'm also rolling with Spider-Man here. As displayed in Captain America: Civil War, even an untrained Peter Parker has the skills necessary to disarm Captain America, and once Captain America is without his shield this boils down to a fist fight. With better speed, reaction time, durability, and strength, Spider-Man would win.

The only thing Captain America has on Spider-Man, as far as I see it, is that he could probably assemble a plan of attack quicker than Spider-Man could. Cap has one of the best military minds in the world, and he'd quickly be able to determine the best plan for dealing with any foe.

Unfortunately for Cap, in this case the best plan of attack would be retreating until he can find someone to help him.

Vote Spider-Man

Generally speaking, the only real area in which Captain America has an edge over Spider-Man would be in his fighting skills. However, when you get right down to it, Captain America is still just a human being, a human being enhanced to the very peak of human physical capability, but a human being all the same.

I've no doubt that Cap will get some shots in, due in no small part to Spider-Man initially holding back as restraining himself from going all out is something he often does out of fear of permanently injuring or killing an enemy. However, when it's all said & done, when Spidey really pours it in, I don't see Cap being able to take him.

This match seems to be a case of "anything you can do I can do better."

Here we see Captain America bench pressing 1100 pounds. Impressive. He makes Brock Lesnar almost seem like a small child.

QCMlwoI.jpg

Now let's see how strong Spidey is...

2477359-1544526-spiderman_lifts_subway_car_super.jpg

I'm no scientist but I'd say Spiderman is just a tad bit stronger.

Speed wise I'd say both are fairly comparable. Both can dodge bullets and missiles like nothing. Spidey has faster reactions thanks to his precognition. Though Spidey's 6th sense seems to really only benefit him against comparable or faster opponents than himself. Captain America really is neither.

Spidey's webs give him an advantage, but Cap does possess a shield that is stronger than adamantium, which can take the force of a supernova without damage. His shield can stop kinetic momentum, which really allows Cap to fight opponents well beyond his level. Like Spiderman.

Spiderman has better all around feats. He's faster, stronger, and tougher not factoring in Cap's shield. If he can get that away from him then it's an easy victory. And if he can't then Spidey more than likely would still win. Probably with webshots.

well I thought this would be a tad bit more difficult to vote for. I love both and they are both some of the strongest and well known Marvel Heros but I have to go with Spidey.

why you ask? It's simple my friend. I was swayed by the arguments above me and I've been a huge Spider-man fan since I watched the cartoon as a kid in the 90s.

It really is that simple, vote for Spider-Man

Captain America is hands down the better fighter. He's even managed to box Thor to a stand still and incapacitate the Hulk. In those encounters, though, Thor was going by the rules of boxing and he wasn't using his super strength and he got the drop on the Hulk by surprising him and kicking him in the balls. Look, Spidey is stronger, faster, more durable, and has his spider sense. Death Battle had Spidey beat Batman and then had Batman beat Capt.

Vote Spider-Man.

I think Spider-Man would win, but just barely. He'd be a bloody, torn suited mess with a broken jaw to boot. People are too quick to call this a no contest. Captain America would get in plenty of shots before he goes down to vastly superior agility and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back