• Light Yagami

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One...

DTtyWI3.png

There are few things more deadly than an accurately fired bullet, but Light Yagami's Death Note is one of those things. All he has to do is scribble Snake's name into his little notebook and Snake Plissken will soon meet his end. But can he accomplish this feat before getting caught in Snake's scope?

FIGHT!

Last time I checked, Light was killed by a gun. Snake likes guns. Good luck trying to write a name while bullets are flying through the air, Snake takes this in a cake walk.

Damn. I dig both of these guys a lot. They were both in my top 5 along with the Greek heroes and Dumbledore. Seeing them have to fight in the first round is both really cool and just sad. I thought about this match a bit and tried to see how Light Yagami would win, but I just can't. He could take advantage of Snake's blindspot. He could perhaps even duck and cover depending on what the neutral battleground looks like. But can he cannot beat Plissken head-on, as I imagine all of these battles are supposed to go. Pissken is a war hero more than capable of hitting his target with his one good eye.

Light Yagami has to jot down the name "Snake Plissken" and stay alive for 40 seconds in order to win. Snake thrives on fighting against time, both in Escape from New York and Escape from LA. It would help to know what the battlefield looks like, but since we are only told it is neutral, than I can only imagine a plain area. Light is one of my favorite characters in all of literature, but Snake would be able to hit him. Light is still a human being. I have no doubt that Light could get under Snake's skin and probably live longer than he should. Dude is a criminal mastermind that was a global threat at one point. But Snake is an antihero who takes on global threats.

I really want Light to win. But I can't think up a way that he could without grasping at straws. If somebody can post a compelling argument for him then it will sway my vote.

Light always gets a bum time in this tournament. I get it, bullet beats book.

But Snake wasn't exactly quick to pull a gun out and shoot a guy, or snap a neck or anything like that. Hell, he spent the majority of Escape from New York trying to be super sneaky. Snake Plissken is a known felon in one of the biggest hi-tech prisons the world of tomorrow has. Light would theoretically have knowledge of who he is. And that's all he'd need. By the time Snake figured out what happened, his name would be in the Death Note and a heart attack would take Plissken out regardless of what he did in the thirty seconds it takes.

I can contend that Plissken could get a shot off before Light has a chance to write his name down in the Death Note, but I think it's stupid to argue that a gun makes him an automatic winner. Light is above all things an absolute genius when it comes to thinking on his feet. As long as Snake's name is written down somehow, he has won, and it's not like Snake's name isn't common knowledge. He wouldn't need the Shinigami eyes or a convoluted plan to get Snake's name, he would just need a few seconds and as long as he can survive those few seconds he has it in the bag.

Light isn't stupid. You see a guy like Snake, you get the hell away as fast as possible and try to strike as fast as possible. He wouldn't stand around waiting to get shot and even if he does get shot as long as it doesn't result in instant death that's enough to allow Light to advance by killing his opponent. Light is tenacious until the end and when you get a guy that smart and that desperate to win and that confident he can win, even Snake has a reason to be shaken.

Correct, same rules as usual. No prep time, no home field advantage. Neutral area. All competitors know about each other is their name and any information publicly available.

Plissken is a war hero. Yagami, as smart as he is, is a high school student. There is no prep time. There is no advantages for anyone. The bell sounds and what would happen if you put a man that's seen nothing but war against a boy who's line of defense was no one knew who he was? A bullet will go through his head. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back