Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
ROUND ONE

dXE9Z1g.png

The Powerpuff Girls always try to fight for what's right, but they're teamed up with one of the looniest baddies in the business. On the other side, we have the greatest Transformer ever a giant robot with a sweet tape deck and a man not unfamiliar with going a little crazy himself. Only one team can advance - Who will it be?

FIGHT!

Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Speed, Superhuman Durability, Superhuman Stamina, Flight, Heat Vision, Ability to breathe and survive in space, Energy projection (bright pink for Blossom, light blue for Bubbles, bright green for Buttercup), Super senses (sight and hearing), Night Vision, Tornado Generation, Fire generation (in their respective colors) {Blossom and Bubbles can generate fire through their mouth}, Ice Breath (Blossom), X-ray vision, Invulnerability against extreme temperatures, and Supersonic Screaming (originally Bubbles')

All of that under the mind control of the insane and quick-witted Joker makes for a nearly unbeatable team.

This isnt even slightly fair.

Philips is the first victim and he gets the gas just for giggles.

Now Soundwave is a bit more of a task, but seriously? Maybe one or 2 of the tapes prove distracting but in no way pose a threat. Joker plays around with Frenzy or Ravage while the girls destroy Soundwave quite easily.

You're both implying that the Powerpuff Girls will even work with The Joker. Hell no they wouldn't. They'd beat him up before they tried to play nice. They're a completely incompatible team and while they're too busy infighting Soundwave can send out one of his many robots to pick off the Powerpuffs one-by-one. Soundwave is one of the coolest Transformers in the series and it's because he has deadly precision and a mind built for strategy, as well as the ability to create vicious robotic animal backup. There's no way the Powerpuffs and The Joker will work together long enough before Soundwave hits 'em hard and fast.

They dont have to work together at all actually. Joker would leave the more dangerous Soundwave to the 'superheroes' while he takes out Philips (the fight he know he can win). I have no doubt one of the girls may smack Joker one for being a smart mouth, but that doesnt mean the 3 of them would not work as their own team regardless of Joker.

Soundwave may have strategy and his tapes, but he would not be able to defeat the girls. Especially if Joker is around even just to be a decoy so the girls can put the hurt on the big robot. Hell, you can even take Joker out of this and its still a win for the Powerpuff Girls.

The most demented, twisted, and flat out insane man in the tournament is in this fight. That man is Trevor Phillips.

"Oh, but I'm The Joker? I kill people for fun! I'm quite mad you see? Look at my face paint!"

The Joker's craziness is a gimmick. Trevor is fucking insane. He has no boundaries. He kills who he wants, fucks who he wants, eats what he wants (frequently human flesh), smokes what he wants, and then sleeps where he wants. He does whatever the fuck he wants, and ain't no Batman gonna stop him.

Trevor doesn't need demented clown facepaint for people to realize he's full blown nuts, and he has far more offensive output than the Joker ever has. What many of you probably don't realize is that Trevor has access to a huge arsenal of weapons and vehicles that make him extraordinarily dangerous. He also has the ability to go into a state of rage that makes him practically invincible for about 30 seconds. Are you seriously telling me that the Joker is going to be able to withstand a barrage of minigun bullets during that state of rage?

And don't give me this bologna about Joker drugging Trevor. This is a guy that probably hasn't been sober since he turned 16. I sincerely doubt anything Joker throws in Trevor's face will be something Trevor can't handle.

And Trevor could also fuck up the Powerpuff Girls. Rage + Minigun = Dead Power Puff Girls. That's kind of a sad thought, but it's true.

Ya'll are seriously underestimating the power of Trevor Phillips.

Trevor is a Canadian with a healthy drug habit who is prone to fits of rage with and without weapons. Crazy? Obviously. Insane? Hardly. Most of his mystique is rumor, likely generated by himself to benefit his reputation. Which is all well and good, but rumors of having sex with dead bodies or eating flesh will only get you so far.

Joker? Legit f'n insane. Seriously, no rumor or false truths needed. What happens when kinda crazy meets real crazy? The real guy cuts your damn face off and wears it for fun for the rest of the fight.

I think the 'new game' fever may be setting in a bit with the GTA guy and people forget just why Joker is such a legit psycho that he has been around for decades.

Plus lets not forget the Powerpuff Girls. They wont be swatted around like brightly colored flies, at least not by the likes of Soundwave\Phillips. This round goes to the kids and the clown.

The other day while playing GTA 5, I had just completed a mission with Franklin and switched to Trevor. Now I have seen Trevor doing some crazy things when I switch to him, including swimming after a guy with knife in hand. On this day however, I switch and Trevor is on the side of a mountain wearing nothing but a dress. The guy is fucking crazy. The kind of crazy you don't want to mess with.

First off, I think Joker and Philips are non-entities in this battle. No matter which one is crazier or devious, they are still mere mortals in a heavyweight bust up.

The crux of this battle is the girls versus the decepticon... s! This is where I see Soundwave taking them out. The girls versus one land bound giant robot probably would go their way but throw in characters like Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw keeping them distracted in the air while Soundwave and the other weapon holding cassettes pigeon shoot and the likes of Ravage prowl the ground waiting on them to fall to earth to pounce. Three wee girls versus many merciless giant robots... to quote Don Henley, this is the end of the innocence!

First off, I think Joker and Philips are non-entities in this battle. No matter which one is crazier or devious, they are still mere mortals in a heavyweight bust up.

The crux of this battle is the girls versus the decepticon... s! This is where I see Soundwave taking them out. The girls versus one land bound giant robot probably would go their way but throw in characters like Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw keeping them distracted in the air while Soundwave and the other weapon holding cassettes pigeon shoot and the likes of Ravage prowl the ground waiting on them to fall to earth to pounce. Three wee girls versus many merciless giant robots... to quote Don Henley, this is the end of the innocence!

Except for, you know, they cannot call on any extra help. Per the rules of the tournament.

Concerning the debate on whether or not the Powerpuff Girls will team up with Joker; I think it is a minor one at best. Throughout the entire Powerpuff series they are constantly befriended by villains and mislead into doing devious deeds out of manipulation. All Joker has to do is convince the girls that he is the victim and that the opponents on the other side are the big ole meanies and he has got himself set up with a meal ticket deep into the tournament.

Now, with the opponents retaining knowledge from previous fights in the tournament I could see the Powerpuff Girls eventually turning on him, or if they come up against a genuine good guy, but until then I think they plow through the competition.

And Trevor could also fuck up the Powerpuff Girls. Rage + Minigun = Dead Power Puff Girls. That's kind of a sad thought, but it's true.

Powerpuff Girls are immune to gunfire... and lasers, lava, acid, extreme cold, and a bunch of other shit. Sorry man, but Trevor would be a non factor here. Barring the OP as fuck Emperor Joker, whom I'm most certainly not going to use, regular Joker would be a non factor as well, as he does not have anything that can hurt Soundwave and would just get in the girls way.

Powerpuff Girls - these apply for each one

Strength - Can hit with the force of about 50 tons. Mass of a tank. Can raze buildings and punch through steel.

Speed: At least relativistic. Blossom moved so fast she time traveled. Hypersonic reaction speed.

Durability - at least city level.

Destructive output - at least city level.

Soundwave

Strength: High enough to raze buildings.

Speed: Surprising about equal to the PPG's. His reaction speed is much, much higher.

Durability: Comparable to the PPG's.

Destructive output: About on par with the PPG's. Most of his weapons aren't going to be of use against them, but he uses soundwaves that can disrupt a person's body internally.

JGlass has a right to be peeved, as Soundwave would put these brats in their places one on one. But having to fight all three of them at once? Not a chance. And the girls have several team maneuvers, many of which can cause an absurd amount of collateral damage for little kids. It would only take one to act as a decoy/sacrifice for the other two to come charging in and beat Soundwave into the ground.

Winner Team 1.

You mean to tell me that the Power Puff girls can get hurt by punches and kicks and regular physical damage, but they are magically immune to bullets? Is there a magical forcefield that surrounds them that ward bullets off? No, that's bullshit.

Of course the Powerpuff girls are going to be hurt by bullets. They might not explode into a gory mess like Joker will, but those bullets are going to hurt them, and eventually wear them down to the point that they can no longer fight back.

Numbers JGlass, its about numbers. The 3 girls wont be standing still, but will be flying around much harder to hit. One person with their powers would be a task in itself, but 3? Even if one gets taken down, that means there are 2 real pissed girls with superpowers left to deal with.

No way all three get taken out here. Bullets, robots & implied cannibals aside- the 3 girls have this in the bag regardless of Joker being there. He is just an added psycho bonus.

Except for, you know, they cannot call on any extra help. Per the rules of the tournament.

If that is the case then I'd have to take it that KITT isn't with Michael Knight then? I haven't seen anyone dispute the Knight Rider duo are not together.

I'd argue that the tapes are part of Soundwave because they are within him when he is a boombox as tapes, in much the same way as MK&K are considered as one opponent. Perhaps the good mods can provide a directive here?

You're both implying that the Powerpuff Girls will even work with The Joker. Hell no they wouldn't. They'd beat him up before they tried to play nice. They're a completely incompatible team and while they're too busy infighting Soundwave can send out one of his many robots to pick off the Powerpuffs one-by-one. Soundwave is one of the coolest Transformers in the series and it's because he has deadly precision and a mind built for strategy, as well as the ability to create vicious robotic animal backup. There's no way the Powerpuffs and The Joker will work together long enough before Soundwave hits 'em hard and fast.

Yeah, tension may appear in the first team, and yeah, they'll be arguments, but they're never going to attack one another. This is a life and death tournament where they've got to grin and bear it in order to win the tournament. The only way they'll attack one another is if they win the tournament, and Joker, being insane, attacks them to be the only man standing.

And don't give me this bologna about Joker drugging Trevor. This is a guy that probably hasn't been sober since he turned 16. I sincerely doubt anything Joker throws in Trevor's face will be something Trevor can't handle.

I once remember reading a fairy story when I was younger. 3 men each had a wish each and encountered a giant. First man wished for the best suit of armour, couldn't run away, giant killed him. The second man wished to feel no pain, so the giant stuck into a oven and the man happily sat and burned alive. Third guy won in the end, but that's not important. What's important is the second guy.

You're saying that Trevor is so used to drugs that they'll simply not have an effect on him. In one way, this is true, but think about it. Laughing gas makes you laugh to death. Even if you're so used to drugs as Trevor is, they'll still affect you to some degree, even if you can't feel it. If Trevor inhales the laughing gas, he may not feel it, but he'll still laugh himself to death. Soundwave is a much different case, but Trevor is still human.

Not to mention, Trevor hasn't come across Joker's laughing gas yet.

Anyway, I voted Powerpuff and Joker, though Joker and Trevor will die relatively early, seeing as Joker's weapons are only very effective against Trevor and Trevor, whilst having a near invincible rage mode, it seems to be more of an external effect than an internal effect of inhaling a noxious gas. That leaves us with Powerpuff and Soundwave. Soundwave's robots may be awesome, but think of the teamwork between the Powerpuff girls. They can easily co-ordinate their attacks on Soundwave's robot army, and it does take Soundwave time to produce, enough for the Powerpuff girls to defeat Soundwave. He'll put up a hell of a fight, but ultimately, Soundwave will be Catch-22'd.

You mean to tell me that the Power Puff girls can get hurt by punches and kicks and regular physical damage, but they are magically immune to bullets? Is there a magical forcefield that surrounds them that ward bullets off? No, that's bullshit.

Punches and kicks that are strong enough to raze a building in one blow. Ordinary humans aren't going to be able to hurt them. Rocket fire can't hurt them, lava can't hurt them, acid can't hurt them, the void of space can't hurt them. And the PPG's haven't ever been hurt by bullets in the show as far as I recall, so unless you can find proof of that your argument is void.

I warned you about putting the three of them on one team together, because they might be overpowered, but oh well.

Punches and kicks that are strong enough to raze a building in one blow. Ordinary humans aren't going to be able to hurt them. Rocket fire can't hurt them, lava can't hurt them, acid can't hurt them, the void of space can't hurt them. And the PPG's haven't ever been hurt by bullets in the show as far as I recall, so unless you can find proof of that your argument is void.

I warned you about putting the three of them on one team together, because they might be overpowered, but oh well.

That's absolutely not true. Fuzzy Lumpkins gets his licks in on a regular basis, and while he's certainly strong enough to, say, lift a car, he can't demolish a tower with a single punch.

But Soundwave can.

Soundwave is a gigantic robot built with technology that far exceeds anything human built, or anything built by a mutant monkey with a gigantic brain. Humankind's most powerful weapons can't stop him, so what makes you think a few little girls with laser vision and super powerful punches and kicks could kill him?

Getting back to bullets... my research indicated that a bullet can travel with an average force of 2300 N, and if fired from an assault rifle or minigun (Trevor possesses both), they are going to be hit with that force over and over again. That's more than enough force to eat away at a building, and more than enough force to knock the girls down. Even if the girls are bulletproof in the same way that Wolverine or a Kevlar vest is bulletproof, that force is going to be too much for them to compensate for.

Oh, and the reason you never see the Powerpuff Girls get shot with bullets is because it's a goddamn kids cartoon, and they're probably not gonna show three little girls get shot in the face with bullets. As such, there's no evidence that the Powerpuff Girls aren't bulletproof, so I choose to believe that they would get punched full of holes if they face Trevor.

Also, your, "Blah blah blah building destruction level," arguments are bull. Those are ideal measurements if the Poewrpuff Girls had all the time in the world to organize and charge their attacks. They do not. Soundwave might be big, but he's also fast, and he's not gonna let the Powerpuff Girls pull off any of their tougher attacks before swatting them out of the sky.

The Powerpuff Girls should stick to Townsville where there are no guns and the only giant robots are being built by an evil monkey. They're out of their league here in the BattleZone.

Trevor and Soundwave have too much firepower for Joker and the PPG to handle.

That's absolutely not true. Fuzzy Lumpkins gets his licks in on a regular basis, and while he's certainly strong enough to, say, lift a car, he can't demolish a tower with a single punch.

But Soundwave can.

Powerpuff girls have handled opponents stronger than Lumpkins pretty regularly.

Soundwave is a gigantic robot built with technology that far exceeds anything human built, or anything built by a mutant monkey with a gigantic brain. Humankind's most powerful weapons can't stop him, so what makes you think a few little girls with laser vision and super powerful punches and kicks could kill him?

I'm not dismissing the fact that Soundwave is tough. His durability combined with his speed is the only reason why this fight is close. However, I've shown that 1 PPG is powerful enough to take Soundwave to his limits, seeing as each one is powerful enough to easily lift mountains, destroy meteors, and flatten city blocks. So fighting all 3 at once is not going to end well for him. Especially when the girls have so many team maneuvers, combined with the fact that most of Soundwave's offense isn't going to work...

Seismic nukes which cause earthquakes? The girls have survived Townsville being blown up.

Seismic nukes which cause volcanic eruptions? The girls are immune to lava.

Sound manipulation? Girls are massively hypersonic, and could easily dodge his attacks.

Data interception and hijacking? The girls aren't even robotic.

Getting back to bullets... my research indicated that a bullet can travel with an average force of 2300 N, and if fired from an assault rifle or minigun (Trevor possesses both), they are going to be hit with that force over and over again.

That isn't enough force to hurt them, seeing as they've never been shown being hurt by bullets, for rocket fire. That's like me saying "oh well Soundwave can be hurt by bullets," but has he ever? Probably not. Therefore they wouldn't work on him. Same for the PPG.

That's more than enough force to eat away at a building, and more than enough force to knock the girls down. Even if the girls are bulletproof in the same way that Wolverine or a Kevlar vest is bulletproof, that force is going to be too much for them to compensate for.

Show me the girls being knocked down by a bullet in the series, and you've got an argument.

, and the reason you never see the Powerpuff Girls get shot with bullets is because it's a goddamn kids cartoon, and they're probably not gonna show three little girls get shot in the face with bullets. As such, there's no evidence that the Powerpuff Girls aren't bulletproof, so I choose to believe that they would get punched full of holes if they face Trevor.

No, the reason they haven't been shot is that the bullets flat out don't work. The only thing that will work are blows with enough force to equal a bomb. Soundwave has that, Trevor doesn't. Thus he's irrelevant in this fight.

Also, your, "Blah blah blah building destruction level," arguments are bull.

Buttercup lifted a mountain without effort. Mountain > city > building. Bubbles destroyed meteors that were threatening the planet. They were much larger than buildings and she smashed through them like nothing. Building level destruction to them is like their minimum.

Those are ideal measurements if the Poewrpuff Girls had all the time in the world to organize and charge their attacks. They do not.

Those were casual feats.

Soundwave might be big, but he's also fast, and he's not gonna let the Powerpuff Girls pull off any of their tougher attacks before swatting them out of the sky.

It would only take one of the girls to act as a decoy/sacrifice for the other two to pound Soundwave with all they've got. He's durable, but he's not going to be able to shrug off blows from girls that are strong enough to lift mountains.

The Powerpuff Girls should stick to Townsville where there are no guns and the only giant robots are being built by an evil monkey. They're out of their league here in the BattleZone.

Or you're just mad because you know your team lost, and are just trying to gain sympathy votes based on logical fallacies.

Trevor and Soundwave have too much firepower for Joker and the PPG to handle.

No they don't. Soundwave could probably beat 1 PPG one on one, but he doesn't have a change against all 3 at once.

Powerpuff girls have handled opponents stronger than Lumpkins pretty regularly.

And yet, Fuzzy Lumpkins gives them trouble every time they face him. Hmmm...

I'm not dismissing the fact that Soundwave is tough. His durability combined with his speed is the only reason why this fight is close. However, I've shown that 1 PPG is powerful enough to take Soundwave to his limits, seeing as each one is powerful enough to easily lift mountains, destroy meteors, and flatten city blocks. So fighting all 3 at once is not going to end well for him. Especially when the girls have so many team maneuvers, combined with the fact that most of Soundwave's offense isn't going to work...

Seismic nukes which cause earthquakes? The girls have survived Townsville being blown up.

Seismic nukes which cause volcanic eruptions? The girls are immune to lava.

Sound manipulation? Girls are massively hypersonic, and could easily dodge his attacks.

Data interception and hijacking? The girls aren't even robotic.

So you're telling me that the girls are immune to lava, but still susceptible to lasers? So super-intense temperatures won't burn them, but highly concentrated light does?

Calling bull on that.

The fact of the matter is that the Powerpuff Girls power level is incredibly ill-defined. At times they've been able to pull off incredible feats, and at other times they've been unable to escape from being bound by nothing stronger than a rope.

That isn't enough force to hurt them, seeing as they've never been shown being hurt by bullets, for rocket fire. That's like me saying "oh well Soundwave can be hurt by bullets," but has he ever? Probably not. Therefore they wouldn't work on him. Same for the PPG.

Show me the girls being knocked down by a bullet in the series, and you've got an argument.

No, your argument is more equivalent to you saying, "I've never seen an airplane crash, so I'm just going to assume that it's impossible for an airplane to crash."

The Powerpuff Girls have never been shot by bullets, but considering literally every other living organism in this tournament is somehow harmed by bullets in one way or another, I think it's safe to assume that The Powerpuff Girls would be effected by bullets in one way or another. To suggest otherwise is flat out ignorant.

No, the reason they haven't been shot is that the bullets flat out don't work. The only thing that will work are blows with enough force to equal a bomb. Soundwave has that, Trevor doesn't. Thus he's irrelevant in this fight.

No, the reason you don't see bullets in the PPG cartoon is because it's a children's cartoon and shooting guns in a children's cartoon would be fucked up.

Buttercup lifted a mountain without effort. Mountain > city > building. Bubbles destroyed meteors that were threatening the planet. They were much larger than buildings and she smashed through them like nothing. Building level destruction to them is like their minimum.

Those were casual feats.

Explain to me how Bubbles was able to casually fly through a meteor but also managed to have the crap kicked out of her by the Beat-Alls.

You can't, because while on occasion the Powerpuff Girls are super tough and super strong, but other times they're pretty weak.

In the case of your examples, they seem to be able to fuck nature up, but when it comes to sentient beings, the Powerpuff Girls are frequently outmatched.

It would only take one of the girls to act as a decoy/sacrifice for the other two to pound Soundwave with all they've got. He's durable, but he's not going to be able to shrug off blows from girls that are strong enough to lift mountains.

I don't know, I've seen some of the Powerpuff Girl's villains take a pretty severe beating and still be able to deal it back, and they're organic beings. I'm guessing a robot that can't feel pain could take more damage

Or you're just mad because you know your team lost, and are just trying to gain sympathy votes based on logical fallacies.

Your bullet argument is the textbook definition of a logical fallacy.

And yet, Fuzzy Lumpkins gives them trouble every time they face him. Hmmm...

More than HIM or Mojo Jojo? Not likely. Still doesn't change the fact that they've demonstrated better feats than their opponents.

So you're telling me that the girls are immune to lava, but still susceptible to lasers? So super-intense temperatures won't burn them, but highly concentrated light does?

Lasers can have temperatures hotter than lava. Lava is only about 2200 degrees, while a laser that can vaporize steel is as hot as 5400 degrees. A laser that can vaporize tungsten has heat nearing the surface temp of the Sun, which is 6000 degrees. If it hurts them then obviously it's beyond their threshold of tolerance.

The fact of the matter is that the Powerpuff Girls power level is incredibly ill-defined. At times they've been able to pull off incredible feats, and at other times they've been unable to escape from being bound by nothing stronger than a rope.

Not really. Strength - well defined. Can lift mountains and plow through building like Styrofoam. Durability - well defined. Bullets have no affect, as do rocket fire. And they've been shown holding their own and defeating enemies and monsters that do allot of collateral damage themselves. Speed - Have been shown entering and existing the Earth's atmosphere, and flying around the planet within seconds. Blossom moved so fast she time traveled. Power is the only thing that is remotely inconsistent, as it only seems to be high in team maneuvers.

No, your argument is more equivalent to you saying, "I've never seen an airplane crash, so I'm just going to assume that it's impossible for an airplane to crash."

Uh.. no. My argument is "here is what they can do. Here is what their opponents can do. This is why they win." You on the other hand try and invent reasons to downplay them that don't exist.

The Powerpuff Girls have never been shot by bullets, but considering literally every other living organism in this tournament is somehow harmed by bullets in one way or another, I think it's safe to assume that The Powerpuff Girls would be effected by bullets in one way or another. To suggest otherwise is flat out ignorant.

Martian Manhunter - not harmed by bullets.
Wonder Woman - not harmed by bullets.
God mode Buffy - not harmed by bullets.
Ghostrider - not harmed by bullets.
Their very opponent - not harmed by bullets.

I think what you meant to say is all peak human fighters are harmed by bullets. PPG's aren't peak human.

No, the reason you don't see bullets in the PPG cartoon is because it's a children's cartoon and shooting guns in a children's cartoon would be fucked up.

I am no idea what you're talking about. There are guns in the series. They fire. And they do nothing. Thus they are immune to gunfire. Same with rockets fire.

Explain to me how Bubbles was able to casually fly through a meteor but also managed to have the crap kicked out of her by the Beat-Alls.

:lmao: You make it seem as if they're lightweights. Lumkin is the only exception, but in his monster form as been shown to be formidable.

Mojo Jojo - wreaks havok with a giant robot and destroys half of the city.
HIM - Grows into a giant and wrecks half the city.
Morbucks - Either has gained the power of a PPG or has surpassed it.

On multiple occasions the 'beat all's" have either matched or surpasses the feats of the PPG's.

You can't, because while on occasion the Powerpuff Girls are super tough and super strong, but other times they're pretty weak.

So basically you are choosing what you think is a weak form of the PPG's in order to suit you're own arguments. Characters battles don't work that way. You take the peak feats in each category and compare them. I've done that already and shown that Trevor is outclassed completely, and Soundwave would not be able to handle all three at once.

In the case of your examples, they seem to be able to fuck nature up, but when it comes to sentient beings, the Powerpuff Girls are frequently outmatched.

Mojo Jojo - sentient. Defeated many times. HIM - sentient. Defeated many times. Morbuck - sentient. Defeated many times. Many monsters threatening the city - sentient. All defeated.

I don't know, I've seen some of the Powerpuff Girl's villains take a pretty severe beating and still be able to deal it back, and they're organic beings.

I don't get it. First you try and downplay the PPG's by dragging them down to peak human levels claiming they'd be hurt by gunfire when they never are, then you praise the villains for taking beatings while acknowledging the fact that the PPG's are strong. I sense strong circular reasoning here.

I'm guessing a robot that can't feel pain could take more damage

Based on what? PPG's have survived city wide destruction. As Soundwave done that, because I haven't seen it. I've shown that the girls have more than enough power to hurt him when they have the strength to move mountains. Show me Soundwave surviving repeated blows by opponents that strong.

Your bullet argument is the textbook definition of a logical fallacy.

:lmao: Nope. I've provided plenty of reasoning and logic to form my arguments. Yours is filled with excessive downplay with no basis at all.

More than HIM or Mojo Jojo? Not likely. Still doesn't change the fact that they've demonstrated better feats than their opponents.

Your feats bullshit is just that, bullshit. We all know Wolverine has more impressive feats than Gambit, but Gambit beat Wolverine on one occasion. Just because the Powerpuff Girls were able to accomplish something huge doesn't mean they can pull off the same feats against a different opponent, especially one that is far more intelligent than they are.

Lasers can have temperatures hotter than lava. Lava is only about 2200 degrees, while a laser that can vaporize steel is as hot as 5400 degrees. A laser that can vaporize tungsten has heat nearing the surface temp of the Sun, which is 6000 degrees. If it hurts them then obviously it's beyond their threshold of tolerance.

Yeah, but these are derpy little hand cannons being fired at the PPG. I doubt that's peak laser strength.

Not really. Strength - well defined. Can lift mountains and plow through building like Styrofoam. Durability - well defined. Bullets have no affect, as do rocket fire. And they've been shown holding their own and defeating enemies and monsters that do allot of collateral damage themselves. Speed - Have been shown entering and existing the Earth's atmosphere, and flying around the planet within seconds. Blossom moved so fast she time traveled. Power is the only thing that is remotely inconsistent, as it only seems to be high in team maneuvers.

You bring up the fact that bullets don't harm them again, but as I've been saying, there is no evidence to support that claim.

And you seem to be interpreting my argument to say that the Power Puff Girls are weak. They're not. Obviously they are quite strong and quite durable, but they are not nearly as durable as you've made them out to be. They have been beaten physically by nearly all of their major foes, including the Gang Green Gang which is composed of four average thugs. I'm giving Soundwave the nod over the Gang Green Gang.

Uh.. no. My argument is "here is what they can do. Here is what their opponents can do. This is why they win." You on the other hand try and invent reasons to downplay them that don't exist.

That last sentence doesn't even make sense, so I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest. If you're suggesting that this is anything other than point-counter point, though, you are sorely mistaken.

Martian Manhunter - not harmed by bullets.
Wonder Woman - not harmed by bullets.
God mode Buffy - not harmed by bullets.
Ghostrider - not harmed by bullets.
Their very opponent - not harmed by bullets.

I think what you meant to say is all peak human fighters are harmed by bullets. PPG's aren't peak human.

Wonder Woman isn't bulletproof. She can block bullets with her bracelets, but she is not naturally bulletproof.

Martian Manhunter is not bulletproof. He is highly resistant to bullets, but they don't simply bounce off of him. If he was shot perpetually for like, an hour or something, he'd drop.

I don't know enough about Buffy to debate that, but the fact that you had to preface it with "God mode" Buffy leads me to believe that this isn't an ability she whips out very often.

Ghost Rider is immune to bullets, but they pass through him through magical means, as they do for all Ghost Riders.

Do the Power Puff Girls have any technology or magic powers that would block bullets? No? Okay then.

I am no idea what you're talking about. There are guns in the series. They fire. And they do nothing. Thus they are immune to gunfire. Same with rockets fire.

Laser guns, yeah. It's the same with the X-Men animated series. They fire guns that shoot lasers because real guns would mean a higher rating.

:lmao: You make it seem as if they're lightweights. Lumkin is the only exception, but in his monster form as been shown to be formidable.

Mojo Jojo - wreaks havok with a giant robot and destroys half of the city.
HIM - Grows into a giant and wrecks half the city.
Morbucks - Either has gained the power of a PPG or has surpassed it.

On multiple occasions the 'beat all's" have either matched or surpasses the feats of the PPG's.

Let's recap how the Power Puff Girls got beaten in that episode, shall we? Fuzzy, Mojo, Him, and Morbucks lured the girls to a remote location, and the latter three stunned the girls with stun rays. After that, Fuzzy threw a giant rock at them and crushed them.

The end.

The Power Puff Girls were defeated by a triple stun ray and a giant rock. Twice.

You mean to tell me that Soundwave doesn't have the tools to stun and then crush the Power Puff Girls?

So basically you are choosing what you think is a weak form of the PPG's in order to suit you're own arguments. Characters battles don't work that way. You take the peak feats in each category and compare them. I've done that already and shown that Trevor is outclassed completely, and Soundwave would not be able to handle all three at once.

I'm not choosing to believe that this is a weak form of the Power Puff Girls: I am recognizing that the Power Puff Girls could be very tough one minute, and very weak the next. For instance, I realize that sometimes the Power Puff Girls can fight off giant Godzilla monsters, and other times the three of them combined can't lift a rock.

And character battles work whatever way you want. You can make them interesting like most of us do, or boil them down to boring shit like feats, destruction level, etc. I like my way better.

Mojo Jojo - sentient. Defeated many times. HIM - sentient. Defeated many times. Morbuck - sentient. Defeated many times. Many monsters threatening the city - sentient. All defeated.

So I guess what you're saying is that no hero should ever lose in this because they always win in the end? Got ya.

I don't get it. First you try and downplay the PPG's by dragging them down to peak human levels claiming they'd be hurt by gunfire when they never are, then you praise the villains for taking beatings while acknowledging the fact that the PPG's are strong. I sense strong circular reasoning here.

I don't think I ever suggested the Power Puff Girls aren't strong, just not as strong as you'd have us believe.

Based on what? PPG's have survived city wide destruction. As Soundwave done that, because I haven't seen it. I've shown that the girls have more than enough power to hurt him when they have the strength to move mountains. Show me Soundwave surviving repeated blows by opponents that strong.

Isn't the reason Soundwave is on earth because his planet was destroyed? And hasn't he gone toe to toe and won with other Transformers? You've said yourself that Soundwave is stronger than any one of the PPG, so all Soundwave would have to do is fight strategically (something that shouldn't be a challenge, especially compared to the PPG), and he should be able to win.

:lmao: Nope. I've provided plenty of reasoning and logic to form my arguments. Yours is filled with excessive downplay with no basis at all.

You haven't provided shit except regurgitated facts from that Outskirts website you have such a chubby for.

We all know Wolverine has more impressive feats than Gambit, but Gambit beat Wolverine on one occasion. Just because the Powerpuff Girls were able to accomplish something huge doesn't mean they can pull off the same feats against a different opponent, especially one that is far more intelligent than they are.

Your logic doesn't make any sense... Wolvie is stronger, but loses to Gambit all the time.... And more impressive feats? Show me Wolverine dodging lasers or hurting or Gladiator. That's aside the point, as the feats the PPG's have are what they can do. That's like me saying "oh, well Soundwave has only used his nukes successfully once so they aren't valid in a fight. Or he's only survived severe blunt force trauma from opponents that can wreck a city block once, so obviously the girls would crumble his body like tin foil." Doesn't matter, one showing is enough to make a feat valid.

Yeah, but these are derpy little hand cannons being fired at the PPG. I doubt that's peak laser strength.

A laser is a laser. If it damages stuff like buildings and cars and whatnot then obviously it still packs a punch.

You bring up the fact that bullets don't harm them again, but as I've been saying, there is no evidence to support that claim.

Alright then they have resistance to bullets; not actual proofing. But the idea that a mere handgun is going to do enough damage to take then out is absurd.

And you seem to be interpreting my argument to say that the Power Puff Girls are weak. They're not. Obviously they are quite strong and quite durable, but they are not nearly as durable as you've made them out to be. They have been beaten physically by nearly all of their major foes, including the Gang Green Gang which is composed of four average thugs. I'm giving Soundwave the nod over the Gang Green Gang.

And they also been beaten down by the likes of HIM, Morbucks, and the Roddyruff Boys. All of whom have been shown to have better abilities. Them being beaten down by the Gang Green Gang was likely just for plot.

And didn't I say their peak durability was city wide level destruction? 10:20.

[youtube]Muh2KVhTYcI[/youtube]

Townsville gets destroyed. The girls are singed, but alright.

That last sentence doesn't even make sense, so I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest. If you're suggesting that this is anything other than point-counter point, though, you are sorely mistaken.

Point - PPG's can lift mountains and smashing through buildings and meteors.

Counterpoint - Soundwave has durability resistance up to forces powerful enough to destroy a small city.

Point - it takes more strength to move a mountain than it would to generate seismic forces with one's fist to demolish a small city.

Counterpoint - Soundwave is fast.

Point - Bubbles circled the Earth in 4 seconds. Blossom was able to achieve FTL speed and time traveled.

[youtube]woqfwk0rrmk[/youtube]

Combine these with facts and points I've already hashed out and we arrive at the same conclusion - Soundwave is powerful; PPG's are powerful. Soundwave is strong; PPG's have been shown to be stronger. Soundwave is fast; PPG's are slower. Soundwave is tough: PPG's are tougher.

Speed: +1 Soundwave

Strength: +1 Girls

Power: 0

Durability: +1 Girls

Factor in that Soundwave has to fight all three of them at once... yeah, he gets dismantled by their superior strength. By your own system you lose. Hilarious since I did this from the start.

Laser guns, yeah. It's the same with the X-Men animated series. They fire guns that shoot lasers because real guns would mean a higher rating.

Laser guns are more effective than rel guns for reason's I've already explained. Temperatures and whatnot.

Let's recap how the Power Puff Girls got beaten in that episode, shall we? Fuzzy, Mojo, Him, and Morbucks lured the girls to a remote location, and the latter three stunned the girls with stun rays. After that, Fuzzy threw a giant rock at them and crushed them.

Does Trevor have a stun ray? No. Does Soundwave have a stun ray? No. Thus your logic is invalid.

You mean to tell me that Soundwave doesn't have the tools to stun and then crush the Power Puff Girls?

No, because he uses waves of sound and not rays. Rays are beams of light. Being much faster than sound, the girls could easily dodge all his attacks, unless he spreads them out across a super wide area. Of course doing that would leave him vulnerable, and sap his power, thus leaving it even easier for the girls to take him down.

I'm not choosing to believe that this is a weak form of the Power Puff Girls: I am recognizing that the Power Puff Girls could be very tough one minute, and very weak the next. For instance, I realize that sometimes the Power Puff Girls can fight off giant Godzilla monsters, and other times the three of them combined can't lift a rock.

There high end feats are more consistent than their low end feats, so those are the one's that are used. Saying that Buttercup can't lift a small boulder when she lifted a mountain is just terrible downplay.

And character battles work whatever way you want. You can make them interesting like most of us do, or boil them down to boring shit like feats, destruction level, etc. I like my way better.

Nah, your way is simply ignoring the higher end stuff and focusing on the lower end stuff because it suits your argument better, even though the lower end stuff is more inconsistent. Not only that but I haven't seen any type of real counterargument from at all, just "Team 2 wins because I like them more."

So I guess what you're saying is that no hero should ever lose in this because they always win in the end? Got ya.

Have no idea where you got that from. The person with better feats should win. The only villain that has constantly shown to be more powerful than the girls is HIM. The others exceed them with prep time, and fail when their efforts backfire, thus being defeated by plot. But at the same time they gained greater powers by plot as well.

In this fight the girls have their feats, and Soundwave has his. The fight's close, but Soundwave would lose for reasons already laid out.

I don't think I ever suggested the Power Puff Girls aren't strong, just not as strong as you'd have us believe.

False. Don't see any counter feats at all from you to suggesting they aren't. All you've done is shown they aren't bulletproof, they're bullet resistant. Well done.

Isn't the reason Soundwave is on earth because his planet was destroyed? And hasn't he gone toe to toe and won with other Transformers?

Any that are stronger than the girls? If you were going to make a case I'd start there.

You've said yourself that Soundwave is stronger than any one of the PPG, so all Soundwave would have to do is fight strategically (something that shouldn't be a challenge, especially compared to the PPG), and he should be able to win.

The only thing that would make him stronger in a 1 vs 1 fight would be his faster reaction time - as already pointed out. And I countered that by saying that all the girls would have to do is have one act like a decoy and hold him, while the other two kick his ass.

You haven't provided shit except regurgitated facts from that Outskirts website you have such a chubby for.

Ah, Outskirts, the giant database full of accurate feats and facts provided for hundreds of different characters with sources relevant for this kind of tournament, so that I don't have to spend all my damn time rooting through wiki's. What's there not to get a stiffy about?

I'm gonna put it like this:

Bubbles, by herself, took on and absolutely demolished 5 Godzilla like monsters. Not just demolished, but annihilated them. And Bubbles is the weakest of the three Powerpuff Girls by far. She didn't use any of her other special abilities that she has other than her own strength. She made them look like child's play.

Now let's throw in the others, Blossom and Buttercup. I mean with a combined attack they leveled an entire city with relative ease without so much as depleting a fraction of their energy. Blossom in one episode I remember, ran so fast she cracked the Earth's surface and caused magma to spill out. With such force at their peak, and with that speed, bullets ain't gonna do shit, that's not quite on the level of The Flash, but holy fuck they're dodging any bullets Trevor's got if Joker doesn't get through with him first. Trevor is fucked if he's facing them alone. Soundwave's gonna get broken in half, and that's likely without the Powerpuff Girls resorting to using any of their special attacks. Their speed and strikes are going to be enough to decimate him. Supersonic attacks are the normal and their energy projection capabilities are enormous. They're walking mini Supermen essentially with far more abilities individually not to mention attacks as a team.

Collectively with Blossom at the helm they can be quite strategic and that works quite a bit in their favor. Even if it comes down to them facing both of their opponents, Trevor's biting the dust with one shot. A normal human taking a standard punch from one of the girls alone is going to take them out immediately.

I'm just seeing too much for Soundwave to overcome. The PPG are in the position of strength, not the other way around. They're not facing the uphill battle if they get the straight up fight. It's going to take a massive strategy to take them down, and I don't see this here. They don't need any of their super attacks to win this, hell they don't even need Joker this round, but since he's here, he's taking Trevor out himself. Trevor's a bomb ready to explode, Joker may be insane, but he's got a calm and collected manner to his methods, and him containing that chaos to further his efforts is the difference between him and Trevor. Whereas Trevor will just shoot everywhere, Joker will make sure his one shot counts the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back