• Mega Man

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One...

LBYIDGb.png

Both of these competitors have gadgets galore, but one carries them around in their waist, some of them carries them in their weapon selection screen. Does the Blue Bomber have what it takes to take down the Dark Knight, or does the Caped Crusader live to serve Gotham another day? Blue vs. black, man vs. machine, round one, here we go!

FIGHT!

Fuck Batman.

I don't even know that much about Megaman but I know is he's and android with a gun for a hand which would take out Batman

People will use Batman is a ninja detective or will have an anti Megaman gadget but at the end of the day he's a rich guy with a bat fetish who'd get blown to bits by the blue robot guy.

Sorry but the goddamn Batman isn't going to lose to a 30 year old blue robot adolescent. Shall I go over all the gadgets Bats has to take out robotics or how he's gone up against an android before (Metallo, Red Tornado) and won or how he's beaten robotic bodies of armor before (Lex Luthor)?

Batman wins.

This is my point. Batman needs preperation to beat people who are superior to him on a base level. He won't have a 'beat Megaman blue robot' gizmo that he can pull out of his ass. He'd have to rely on his natural skills which wouldn't be enough.

And from what I read of Megaman's bio on here Megaman can adapt to other electronic stuff anyway. So even in the hypothetical 'beat Megaman blue robot' gizmo, Megaman could adapt to it.

Batman can't even keep one crazed human villain down. What really makes people think he can beat an android without any prep time? I'm curious. A good argument can sway my vote here.

So MegaMan is an Android meaning he's part electronic right?

All Batman would need is an EMP and MegaMan would be incapacitated. If he can't set it off right away he can damn sure dodge until he finds an opening to do so.

MegaMan' biggest advantage (being part machine) is in this case his biggest detriment. Batman wins.

Sorry but the goddamn Batman isn't going to lose to a 30 year old blue robot adolescent. Shall I go over all the gadgets Bats has to take out robotics or how he's gone up against an android before (Metallo, Red Tornado) and won or how he's beaten robotic bodies of armor before (Lex Luthor)?

Batman wins.

There are the types of arguments people make for Batman every year, and I'm convinced they're also the types of arguments that make people vote for the other guy.

We get it, Batman is super cool and you like him so much that you still wear Batman underwear you've had since the 2nd grade. Kudos on your fandom and surprisingly tiny body.

Batman has beaten robots before. So what? Mega Man has beaten humans before. He's also beaten giant robots, humans in mechanized armor... you name it. And unlike Batman, Mega Man always has the gadget he needs in his circuit board, so long as he has acquired one.

Batman is going to start this battle with his regular Batman gear: Batarangs, Grappling Gun, maybe some light explosive gear, but does Batman have anything that he typically carries specifically designed to fight against robots? An EMP, maybe? Even if he does have an EMP, I doubt it would work long enough to keep a super advanced robot like Mega Man out long enough for Batman to secure a win.

I could be swayed to vote for Batman. I've never been a big Mega Man guy, and I quite like Batman, but arguments like the one I quoted are not going to do it for me.

Wasn't it said in the questions thread that Bats would have access to his Batmobile? That definitely has an EMP on it as well as armor, high explosives, and other weapons. Yes, before it's said, he CAN CALL AND CONTROL THE BATMOBILE REMOTELY.

So here's how the battle goes. Bats starts out normally. Using Batarangs, using smoke bombs, explosive projectiles, electric gauntlets, etc. (Still think if he can beat Metallo and Red Tornado without prep time on a random encounter then he could beat Megaman, but let's go with he can't). He'll find that he's losing, that he needs more fire power. So he calls in the Batmobile, sets off it's EMP, and takes out Megaman.

Vote Batman.

Wasn't it said in the questions thread that Bats would have access to his Batmobile? That definitely has an EMP on it as well as armor, high explosives, and other weapons. Yes, before it's said, he CAN CALL AND CONTROL THE BATMOBILE REMOTELY.

So here's how the battle goes. Bats starts out normally. Using Batarangs, using smoke bombs, explosive projectiles, electric gauntlets, etc. (Still think if he can beat Metallo and Red Tornado without prep time on a random encounter then he could beat Megaman, but let's go with he can't). He'll find that he's losing, that he needs more fire power. So he calls in the Batmobile, sets off it's EMP, and takes out Megaman.

Vote Batman.

Okay...

A Story That I Just Made Up said:
As a trio of Batarangs come whistling towards Mega Man he quickly shoots of his own trio of razor disks, sending the Batarangs ricocheting harmlessly to the ground. As Batman charges at Mega Man, gauntlet raise, poised to strike, the android blast Batman with a fully charged Mega Buster in the stomach, knocking the caped crusader to the ground.

His foe temporarily incapacitated, Mega Man charges his Mega Buster up for another shot, this time with the intention of taking his opponent out... permanently. But as Mega Man steps forward, Batman raises a finger. Startled, Mega Man stops as Batman begins to speak.

"Hey bro," Batman says, catching his breath, "can you give me a sec? I'm trying to do something here."

"What?" Mega Man replies, completely confused.

"I just feel like this fight would be a lot better for me if I call in my Batmobile."

"Okay... is it like, parked around the corner?"

"No, it's in my Batcave."

"Isn't that in like, Gotham?"

"Yeah dude, but it's cool, it goes really fast, just give me like, five minutes while I drive it over here."

"So you just want me to stand here and wait for you to drive your Batmobile over here with a remote control?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Cool."

Yeah, unless the Batmobile is parked in the BZT Parking Garage around the corner (it's not, that garage is strictly for BZT employees only), it's not going to get there before Mega Man puts the finishing blows on Batman.

Mega Man's problem is how one dimensional his offense is. Assuming he's coming in as just Mega Man and not any of his other incarnations (read as with all the powerups for new weapons he gets later which change him into a different form), all he really is is a man with a hand cannon. It's a powerful weapon, but what else can he do? Batman probably has a way to neutralize that one arm and then a few shots to that completely exposed face should be enough to send him on to the next round.

Megaman will get a flurry of explosive Batarangs his way and a gas canister provides a distraction. Plenty enough to get in close and start taking out parts. Both like to keep their distance when possible, but up close? Batman is a boss. He can avoid a blaster long enough to take the tin can apart. No radio controlled vehicles necessary.

Megaman has an assortment of lasers, gadgets, swirling leaves.....he can give Batman all kinds of trouble. But I think in the end, Batman will figure out what makes the little robot tick and take him out with an emp blast or detonate an explosive on his arm cannon to nullify 98% of Megamans attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back