• Juggernaut

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Three

juggernaut-vs-storm_zps3c307bca.png

Storm scored an upset and some revenge when she defeated last year's champion Darth Vader, but Juggernaut has been making lots of noise in his first year in the BattleZone Tournament. Does Storm have what it takes to slow Juggernaut's momentum, or will Jugs keep on truckin' to the semi-finals?

FIGHT!

Seeing as how the stories of these two are constantly crossing the outcome of this match should be pretty easy to see. Storm has pretty much nothing that she can use to overpower, slow down, or injure Juggernaut. The only times she has been able to "beat" Juggernaut are when she and the X-Men work together to take him down.

Even if she decides to just stay in the air and attack him from a distance she has limited stamina. Juggernaut doesn't need to eat, sleep, breathe and is immortal. He can just wait out her attacks and curbstomp. Her only chance of survival is to just fly away.

I'm not gonna vote on this one because there will be no winner.

Juggernaut could kill Storm if he was able to get close to her first, but Storm isn't stupid enough to get that close to Juggernaut to allow herself to be knocked out. She's knows Cain and is well aware of not only what he can do to her, but what she can't do to him.

Storm would just fly around throwing everything she had at him and he would just stand there. Eventually she would just fly away or he would say screw this and walk away.
The only other thing that could happen is that Storm could use the Wand of Watoomb (if she has it for the purpose of this battle), open a portal to another dimension and just leave (or get Juggs to go through it and close it afterwards). Either way, no winner.:shrug: That's my two cents.....keep the change.

Juggernaut could kill Storm if he was able to get close to her first, but Storm isn't stupid enough to get that close to Juggernaut to allow herself to be knocked out. She's knows Cain and is well aware of not only what he can do to her, but what she can't do to him.

Yeah, cause Juggernaut clearly can't just throw any & everything he gets his hands on at her, while she's flying around :rolleyes:

Eventually she would just fly away or he would say screw this and walk away.

I don't think this is an option, & if it were, wouldn't that be considered a forfeit, thus giving the win to Juggles?

Storm would just fly around throwing everything she had at him and he would just stand there. Eventually she would just fly away or he would say screw this and walk away.

Juggernaut has somehow managed to reflect Storm's lightning attacks right back at her in the past. Juggernaut also can throw things at (maybe faster) than escape velocity. She maybe be able to dodge those projectiles for a while but she could possibly slip up or just not be quick enough to dodge something like a car or boulder flying at her at 7 mps.

As far as I can see, the burden of proof lies on Storm in this one. Juggernaut doesn't really need an argument, because we can keep using the same one he's had for two other rounds in this tournament. We know what he's capable of. We know what he can withstand. Most all the arguments have been made against him, and swatted down in defiance. I'm not going to copy/paste all the reasons for Juggernaut to win; it's beyond obvious.

And thus, the burden of proof falls on the shoulders of the Storm supporters. So far the vote is tied up at 5/5, but none of those five have given a legitimate reason as to why their vote means anything. I'm going to be pretty pissed if he loses this thing just because people want to see him taken out. Storm is cool, but I see literally nothing she can do to win this fight. So again I say, it is not my job to prove Juggs chances for victory. It is your job, Storm fans, to try and find for me and logical reason he shouldn't just steamroll into the next round.

I like Storm, but she's got no chance here. Storm is someone that's crossed paths with Juggernaut numerous times since she came along in the mid 1970s and I've yet to see her really be able to do anything against him.

Juggernaut is one of these rare powerhouses that can easily stand up to an assembled team of powerful heroes, whether mutant or not, and fight them to a standstill or beat them outright. At his peak, Juggernaut is pretty much exactly what his name suggests: nearly unlimited strength, stamina and durability. Nothing Storn has can hurt him. Bolts of lighting won't stop him, just ask Thor about that, and savage tornado velocity winds won't even slow him down to any degree. Torrential rains won't stop him, snow won't stop him.

Depending upon what your powers are, there are simply some opponents that you're just simply not equipped to handle. In the case of Storm, Juggernaut is one of those opponents. You can't beat what you can't hurt. Physically, Storm is as human as anyone else. She has no superhuman physical attributes so all Juggernaut has to do is grab onto her and the fight is done.

Ororo has nothing here, everything she can throw at Cain he'll smile at and just keep coming (he's not called the 'Unstoppable' Juggernaut for nothing). I've no doubt she'll play cat and mouse as long as she can but ultimately exhaustion will take its toll and Juggy will move onto Round 4.

I've been thinking, and couldn't storm manipulate the weather and pick Juggernaut up with a small tornado and then move that Tornado over the mouth of a volcano, and then disburse the tornado and drop him in. I know Juggernaut is unstoppable, but I'm sure lava would melt him (or at least his face and head since his helmet is open on the front)....or am I wrong:shrug:

I've been thinking, and couldn't storm manipulate the weather and pick Juggernaut up with a small tornado and then move that Tornado over the mouth of a volcano, and then disburse the tornado and drop him in. I know Juggernaut is unstoppable, but I'm sure lava would melt him (or at least his face and head since his helmet is open on the front)....or am I wrong:shrug:

The Crimson Gem of Cyttorak provides him with a force field which allows him protection from this eventuality. A volcano would annoy him but not stop him... plus, with his Hulk level strength a concussive clap is likely to disrupt such an eventuality long before it could be a possibility.
1577910-thunderclap_super.jpg

Juggernaut could take the volcano without a scratch. Even if it could do some melting Cyttorak's power wouldn't let him be stopped.

juggernaut_hate.jpg

As far as the tornado goes Juggernaut has shown the ability to resist levitation in the past by just moving in the air.

Juggernaut could take the volcano without a scratch. Even if it could do some melting Cyttorak's power wouldn't let him be stopped.
As far as the tornado goes Juggernaut has shown the ability to resist levitation in the past by just moving in the air.

That was my last possible idea on how Storm might be able to win, or at least do some damage. She could still hold him to a draw by just staying away, but I guess that would be just avoiding the inevitable. I'm convinced and give my vote to Juggernaut, not that he needs any more votes at this point.

Juggernaut should win this easy; pretty much nothing can stop him once he starts moving. The only way to stop him is to either reverse his momentum with raw power, or to destroy the ground beneath him completely. Storm can't do either of these, and really she doesn't have anything in her arsenal that can hurt him. He'd take her lightning blots while smiling.

The only advantage that she has is flight; and even that won't save her for long. He could just hurl a couple of cars at her causing her to dodge wildly and go careening into a building, which is promptly flattened by Juggernaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back