• #18 Harley Race

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#2 The Undertaker vs. #18 Harley RAce

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (this is an ECW Regional match, so this match is conducted under extreme rules.)
3. Will crowd be a factor. The matches take place in Houston, TX
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

GOt to go with the deadman here, for a number of reasons. #1, he's the Undertaker. He's one of the top probably 5 best overall ever. Granted Race is great, but this may be out of his league. Second this is ECW. Harley Race represents the NWA, which is everything ECW hates. The fans will be on him worse than ever. Taker will win this one in a long and grueling match, gaining a victory over the original HHH.

had to go with Taker in this one, nothing against Race hes an all time great and honestly in a better scenario I could totally see picking to win this one but you have to realize this is the out of control ECW compared to the technically sound NWA. Race is all about match control and thrives when he controls the pace and would not be able to get anything going in an out of control ECW matchand thats why Im giving the nod to Taker

I don't think I can vote for Taker over somebody like Race. Taker has improved with age. But I'll never forgive him for the 6 years when he moved no faster than a mile an hour. And on another point plenty of wrestlers have modelled themselves on Race and been very successful. Nobody could do the same with Taker.

When I casted my vote I knew it was useless. I give it to the dead man I put him 8th on my list of greatest ever. However I put Race # 2. Some good points were made about ECW but Race is as mean and as tough (ask the Naitch who has said so) as anyone outthere. I see him getting a couple of early shots in with a weapon and taking the deadman down and from there he controls the action. Everyone has also got to rember one of Harley's favorite moves in the top rope headbutt. You have to have a hard head to do that so he could take whatever head shots taker dissed out. Race won't win this but had he been seated like he should have he wouldn't be taking on someone of this caliper until at least round five.

I like Race, but the Undertaker is almost the complete wrestler. Sure, he had some bad years early on, but he was a relatively young guy at the time to be put in a WWF main event scene. He was in his late 20's when most of the guys in the main event scene were in their 40's, he really had no one he could be pushed by as he was getting older and better, not until Mick Foley came did the Undertaker truly begin to be good in the ring.

Taker has evolved so much, and I personally think that right now he is better then he ever has been. His inclusion of finishing submission holds to his character are awesome. To see such a long big guy wrap his legs around someones throat is pretty damn impressive. The guy can still go. By this time, Harley Race was having a hard time standing, let alone wrestling. Race is truly one of the all time greats, but the Undertaker is one of a kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back