• Steiners

• Sabu/RVD

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r3.jpg

Two teams must fight for the right under extreme rules.

steinerbros.jpg
RVDSabu.jpg

ECW Region
The Steiner Brothers - Scott Steiner & Rick Steiner
vs.
Sabu & Rob Van Dam

I'm taking the Steiners, even in ECW. They're not completely inexperienced here so there won't be a culture shock when they're in the land of extreme. That being said, the Steiners are just too big, too strong, and too technically sound for RVD and Sabu to handle. This won't be the incredibly roided up freakzilla, but rather Scotty Steiner, the athlete of the 90s. This will be a grat match, but the Steiners are too much. Scott will avoid a big spot from Sabu, and not even RVD can take on both Rick and Scott on his own.

Sabu/RVD for the win here. mean, come the FUCK on man, we're in ECW here. This is their territory. The Steiners definition of "hardcore" is like a warm up match for Sabu and RVD. I'm fairly certain that if Sabu came to the ring and wrapped Rick Steiner up in barbed wire, he wouldn't be very useful.

Steiners were good, great even. But only because of Scott. And even Scott, in my opinion, was never on the level of an RVD in his prime. Add in one of the craziest motherfuckers in wrestling in Sabu, and the Steiners will lose this easily.

VOTE FOR RVD AND SABU!

In the words of the infamous Joey Styles... OH MY GOD! What a difficult decision you have here. On one side, you have two of some of the best ECW wrestlers to step foot inside extremeland who have tag team experience with each other and know both their partner and their selves better than the back of their own hand under the conditions that made them famous. Then, on the other side you have possibly one of the greatest tag teams to step foot inside the ring where Scottie Steiner alone is a great athlete, especially during his prime, who has so much experience with Rick.

Well, no matter how good a team the Steiners are, its the Dub. You cannot give the victory against the team that honed themselves in the Dub like Sabu/RVD have. So, I am going to give the win by default to RVD/Sabu just because of the rules. If this was anywhere else, you can believe that the Steiners would absolutely rip that team to shreds.

I'm going with Sabu and RVD. They are at home in ECW. They are not as good of a team the Steiners, but I think the environment fits them. Steiners will do fine in the hardcore palace that is ECW, but RVD and Sabu are uber comfortable there and know the whole situation and could probably go ECW rules if they were blind. Sabu and RVD get my vote.

Hmm, tough one here. On one side you have the Steiners who are the "better" team. I really think that Scott is an underrated wrestlers and Rick wasn't half bad. They aren't *****es by any stretch, they'd handle the selves fine under hardcore rules.

On the other side, you have the team with home field advantage. Sure, they didn't face many great tag teams or anything, but Sabu and RVD rocked in ECW. They brought something completely different and innovative to tag team wrestling, and it really caught on. I think their offense would be too much for the Steiners in ECW.

Hardest choice in the tournament, but I'm voting for Sabu and RVD? Why? Simple... the match is taking place in ECW.

The Steiner Brothers is one of the greatest, most awesome tag team in the history of professional wrestling, but you know what? It doesn't matter how awesome you are... with little to zero experience competing in that company, there's not a shot in hell ANYONE would ever defeat RVD and Sabu in ECW. Now, fair... Steiners did compete a little bit in ECW, but they didn't do shit while there, so that doesn't matter.

The point is... I don't care if this really happened in real life, or if it's over some silly tournament on an internet wrestling forum... as long as something along the lines of RVD and Sabu vs. a couple of guys who hardly has any experience in ECW, and the match is taking place in ECW... RVD and Sabu win every single time, under any circumstance. Period.

The Steiners were some tough son of a bitches back in their day. But come on people, this is an ECW and The Steiners are faces the best that ECW has to offer. There is just no way that RVD & Sabu are going to lose here. Having Sabu on the team in a hardcore environment is enough to make me cast my vote for the ECW boys, not to mention that the greatest wrestler ever (yes, that's RVD) is the other half.

Truthfully- and not just because I am a big fan- RVD & Sabu as a tag team is one of the most underrated teams in wrestling history. Anyone who has seen some of their matches knows what I'm talking about. These guys had real chemisty together and worked like a team who had been together for years. They truly are one of the best teams in this tournament and should be considered a dark horse to win this thing.

VOTE RVD & SABU!!!!

Hardest choice in the tournament, but I'm voting for Sabu and RVD? Why? Simple... the match is taking place in ECW.

The Steiner Brothers is one of the greatest, most awesome tag team in the history of professional wrestling, but you know what? It doesn't matter how awesome you are... with little to zero experience competing in that company, there's not a shot in hell ANYONE would ever defeat RVD and Sabu in ECW. Now, fair... Steiners did compete a little bit in ECW, but they didn't do shit while there, so that doesn't matter.

The point is... I don't care if this really happened in real life, or if it's over some silly tournament on an internet wrestling forum... as long as something along the lines of RVD and Sabu vs. a couple of guys who hardly has any experience in ECW, and the match is taking place in ECW... RVD and Sabu win every single time, under any circumstance. Period.

No chance anyone would defeat Sabu and RVD in ECW you say? I seem to remember them losing a lot to Kronus and Saturn especially when the tag team titles were on the line. They have also lost to Tommy Dreamer and Tazz so saying nobody can beat the almighty team of RVD/Sabu is pretty outlandish. Why we do automatically assume crazy shit is going to happen just because of where the match is being contested at? Crazy shit may happen but crazy shit may not happen. The Steiners have beaten some of the greatest competition of their time and I'm sure that they can beat RVD and Sabu no matter where the match is being held at.

I'm a big fan of the Steiners.

But, I'm using my brain, and voting for RVD and Sabu. RVD would match up well against Scotty in any ring, in any arena, but in ECW, he owns the crowd, and is at home. Rick is good, but Sabu in ECW is almost unbeatable.

After a lengthy match in the ring, I'm positive this ends up somewhere in the parking lot, with Sabu and RVD using anything and everything to get the win. Sabu may actually have to kill himself here, but RVD can still score the pin.

No chance anyone would defeat Sabu and RVD in ECW you say?

Read my statement again; I did not say that. What I said was that someone with zero to very little experience in ECW could never defeat RVD and Sabu in ECW.

The Eliminators most definitely isn't a team with zero to very little experience in ECW, are they? Nope, they're perhaps the greatest team in ECW history as a matter of fact, and they too would wipe the floor with the Steiner Brothers in that company.

The Eliminators most definitely isn't a team with zero to very little experience in ECW, are they? Nope, they're perhaps the greatest team in ECW history as a matter of fact, and they too would wipe the floor with the Steiner Brothers in that company.

I'm still pretty pissed they didn't make it in. How do you have a tag tourney without the best tag team from an entire company not in it?!

I digress...

jmt is right. the Steiners are a damn good tag team, but this is the one area where they won't excel. They'll carry a good match, and then as soon as all hell breaks loose, which is what happens in ECW tag matches, RVD and Sabu take the win...Perhaps with ease.

I have to take the Steiners here. Although this is the RVD/Sabu domain, I still think Rick and Scotty are good enough to beat this team. I won't be mad if RVD and Sabu win, but I'm convinced of a Rick and Scotty win here.

The RVD/Sabu team can be a formidable foe against anyone, especially in the ECW environment, which by the way, The Steiner Bros. wrestled in. So it's not farfetched to see a Steiners win here. I think it'll be a case where if RVD or Sabu get isolated, it could be lights out with a Frankensteiner from Scotty. I give this to The Steiner Bros., but barely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back