Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r2.jpg

Edge & Christian
vs.
Eddie Guerrero & Tito Santana

More twosome trouble in the tag team tournament. Terribly terrific.

Edge and Christian have no trouble here. Despite the combined talents of Chico and Papi, they would simply be out done by one of the better tag teams in the 90's. E & C were slightly overrated in my book, but they were a great team and found ways to win when it looked like they were beat. That was their specialty. Finding a way to win.

Edge and Christian advance, but not without a fight.

This beith the third year of the Tag Team Tournament. It parallels the growth of the Wrestling Tournament into it's third year earlier this year. Now we saw how poor Shawn Michaels did this year, losing to Justin Liger. What I am getting at is Edge and Christian are also former champions. Will they have a similar fate?

Let us break this down.

I am not one for using the ol' "They should never have won last round" bullshit, because that truly is bullshit and is a way of trying to break the confidence of the tournament. I voted against the Mexicools 2.0, but to my surprise, they won.

Nationality was brought up last time, but I think it is easily countered. As proven in the singles tournament, Canadian wrestlers are the most superior wrestlers on earth, 3 out of 4 times. That slams Santana and Eddie's chance of getting the "same nationality" vote here (Even though neither were born in Mexico..., I guess this makes them both American...), as guess what, Edge and Christian were born... in the same city (suburbs)!

Many people through out things such as "thrown together tag teams should never get far, as they have no chemistry" Well guess what! Edge and Christian were actually a tag team!

"Blood is thicker than water." Now we have all heard that. Guess what! Edge and Christian are ACTUALLY brothers! if this was the keyfabe forums... wait, are they still keyfabe brothers? That is another point to chemistry.

Some will argue that Eddie had a great tag career, with his cousin Chavo, with his friend Rey Mysterio, with his lover, steroids, and all of those great tag teams. But Edge is a 13 time WWE/World Tag Team champion. He even tagged with one of the greatest tag team wrestlers ever, Hulk Hogan (Vote Mega Powers!). All Tito ever did was wrestler in Strike Force (Who didn't even make this tournament)

And if we were to break it down to find the strong points. We would look at World titles. I think Christian has more than the other team put together? I just don't feel like looking to see how man AWA (if we even count it as a World Championship) he won. I think he also had an ECW (Read that Eastern Championship Wrestling) run for like a month. I believe Christian has a couple of those reigns from a belt that read ECW, but he has a better acronym, NWA in there. None of them compete with Edge who is nearing double digits.

So do the right thing, vote Edge and Christian, or face the Spear from a top of a ladder.

This one is easy and it’s really just based on experience of working together. E & C just reek of awesomeness. Team Canada beats Team Mexico in this case. Now, if Tito was replaced with Chavo, this match may be a little closer, due to chemistry. I believe that chemistry has a lot to do with the success of a great Tag Team.

Again, everyone completely forgets how great Santana was. He would completely destroy that overrated Christian. Christian is good, Santana was great. Edge would cancel out Eddie, but my vote is going to mean nothing here as E/C are going to win in a romp due to people loving them because they were in the Attitude Era. I can't for the life of me remember them winning anything without cheating or it being a gimmick match, but then again, the AE was about flash and no substance so they fit in perfectly right?

I cant believe E and C are up 10 right now.

Eddie and Tito are 2 great wrestlers and they would have chemistry together as they both will do anything to win. Eddie has had many partners and has been successful with them. This is just a standard match which is why Eddie and Tito would win because E and C are great in gimmicks but arent as dominant in standard tag

While I love the fantasy pairing of Guerrero and Santana and would have loved to have seen that team, the obvious and correct answer here is to vote for Edge and Christian. They're probably the best tag team of the last decade, and they absolutely dominated the WWE tag team scene during a time when it had more talent and depth than ever before.

Without a doubt the vote here has to be for E & C. This is a tag team tournament, and a team like Edge and Christian sure as hell isn't going out first round to these two admittedly wonderful wrestlers.

E&C get my vote here. Tito and Eddie are an awesome fantasy pairing and one of the better DW tag teams. But E&C are, well E&C. They are one of the greatest teams the WWE brought to the table and one of the best teams in the past decade. They take this one in a good battle.

This is one of those tag team matches that I have trouble voting against the team that I would like to go through simply because of the stats. Eddie & Tito are a great fantasy pairing that would just about go over many teams in this tournament without question. Santana was a fantastic wrestler that I have had the privilege of watching a couple of his matches during his prime. Eddie Guerrero was a great wrestler in his own right as well who took it to the best. Both have had tagging experience that lead to decent success with other tag team partners and should be a force to be reckoned with.

Their opponents are none other than Edge & Christian, possibly one of the greatest tag teams of the recent years, that dominated the division against other very good pairings who are great tag teams in their own right. Although E&C are the logical choice to vote here, but I am going to give Viva La Tito a chance here as they are a fantasy pairing where both Tito/Eddie can take E&C to school.

If I remember correctly, Eddie and Santana should've went out last round, their is one strike against them. Strikes 2 and 3 are the fact that they're facing Edge and Christian.

I'm not as high on EC as some others are, but you can't deny their success and talent. I think that it'd be a close match, but EC are just plain better than Tito and Eddie and would surely dispose of them in a tag team match, I can't see otherwise.

This would actually be a tremendous match, with E&C playing the cocky heels, and Eddie and Tito playing the lovable babyfaces. In the end though, E&C win handily.

Tito is the better wrestler on his team (yeah, I said it), and he'd put on a hell of a match with either of his opponents, but his career was all about putting people over. He was never used for anything else. Eddie had a very impressive run late, but it's not enough to make me think his career was anything other than mediocre.

In a high-flying bout, E&C win this and offer up a 5 second pose.

While the technical fanatsy duo of Eddie and Tito sound incredible, I can't justifiably bring myself to vote against the massively entertaining Edge and Christian.

They were, essentially, a team with undeniable chemistry; I can easily play the "they'll be a well oiled machine" card and say the chemistry between Tito and Eddie is unknown, but likely not as good as supposed brothers (who any one would believe, easily).

Edge and Christian, collectively, are more established than both eddie and Tito, being relevent in numerous companies for numerous years.

They were simply a great, entertaining team. They win here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back