Round 2; 5 Super Mario World v 60 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

?

• Mario

• Castlevania

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotta be SMW. I've never been a big fan of Castlevania. I probably should be considering I'm such a horror fan, but they've never really struck a chord with me. Super Mario World on the other hand was probably the best of the early crop of Mario games in my opinion. Played it more than any of the previous ones, it gets my vote here.

I take Mario over Castlevania any day. I wasn't a huge fan of Castlevania, but I like it somewhat. It was all a matter of playing Mario more times. That and the only times I could get my hands on the game was when I visited my cousin's house, since he had it. As for Mario, well I had it lol. And it never dissapointed.

I'm a big fan of both, but I have to go with Super Mario World here. It was probably one of the best platform games to ever come out, and even to this day holds a feel of awesomeness that can't be beat. You can have your 3D platformers, I'll take SMW over any of them. Great levels, difficult levels, and great design all went into SMW, and come on, it's Mario 2D for fucks sake. Castlevania was a fun game and all, but it can't hold a candle to SMW.

Mario gets the win here because it's fucking Mario! SMW is just another example of why Mario is the best gaming franchise ever and there is little to debate. Just an awesome and addicting game, better than Castlevania which was decent at best.

Two of the greatest 2D game series of all time.
The only difference is that the 2D Marios is probably the greatest 2D games series of all time. With Super Mario World being the best of the lot.
The levels were brilliant, as were the worlds in general. The game had lots of hidden stuff (remember that star world with all the different coloured Yoshis?). And speaking of Yoshi, he was introduced in this game. That alone is why you should vote for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back