Round 2; 30 God of war v 35 Mario Kart 64

?

• GOW

• MK64

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like every other person to ever own an N64 or know someone who owned one, I've played countless hours of Mario Kart 64. Hands down the greatest racing game of all time IMO, and the only one I've ever really enjoyed playing again and again. Insanely fun multiplayer.

That said, I went with God of War. I'm guessing that a ton of people are going to vote for MK64 here, so GOW deserves to have atleast some support thrown behind it. It's a damn good game, and the best of it's kind. Gets my vote here easily.

I'm voting God of War here. It is an epic action game that isn't overrated, nor is it underrated. The level of detail in the game was awesome, and the killing combinations were very entertaining. Plus the boss fights are so damn good, that its hard to find a game that could even compare to it.

MK64 is a good game and all, but I enjoyed God of War far more.

Mario Kart 64 was fun, but only for a short while, the SNES and DS ones were far better. In the end, the issue was there was only so much you can do, then its the same tracks and repeating the lackluster singleplayer.

God Of War on the other hand was refreshing, it was great fun lasted longer and only had a few minor issues (only 3 bosses, Pandoras Temple was way too long).

That said, im going with GOW

Mario Kart 64 was a classic. One of my favortie games of all times and despite it's simplicity it was entertaining for hours on end. It was a game that you could play with your family and friends whether it was a social gathering or you were just hanging out. MK64 is just an iconic game.

I never really cared for GOW, definetly not as much as Mario. Vote Mario Kart!

I'm voting God of War, without the multiplayer aspect Mario Kart 64 is nothing. In a one player setting GOW obliterates MK 64. MK 64 is a great party game, best enjoyed with tons of people. On the other hand GOW provides hours upon hours of entertainment for a solo player... MK 64? about a hours worth. Mario Kart 64 also doesn't have the solo replay value that GOW does. It was only a matter of time before MK 64 met its match... a great multiplayer aspect can only take you so far when the rest of the game is average.

Vote God of War

In a genre that I'm not to fond of (racing), I found the MK franchise to be my favorite out of all. Though with that said, I got to go with God of War. It's gameplay and graphics set itself as one of the best action/adventure games out there.

I went with God of War. Not so much because I like the game; I've played it a few times and found it a fun experience, but nothing too ground-breaking. That said, I still went with it because I really just don't like Mario Kart 64.

Don't get me wrong, I am still a massive N64 fanboy to this day, but I think people really need to get past the nostalgia and see Mario Kart 64 for what it really was. The terrible graphics make some maps near unplayable, which doesn't help because some of the level design was terrible in the first place. This wouldn't be too bad, but I have no idea why there are on-track enemies in the game. It all adds up to a headache of an experience that blands in comparison to games F-Zero X. Oh well, rant over. God of War gets another vote.

While i'd hate to vote against MK, a game me and my friends would play endlessly, I have to as it's up against a video game that is simply teriffic in every way. Seemly crisp graphics, suitably excellent gameplay, and satisfying bosses are enough to massacre MK's inferior qualities.

God of War should obliterate this. Taking out factors such as awesome boss battles, storyline, powers and sex scene, it still reigns over MK64.

Ok ok, it is fun when you have four people around your house playing the lightning cup or whatever. But after they leave, you can really see how shallow a game it was. It was the racing version of Mario party. God of War hasnt lost any value in terms of replayability, and this tournament convinced me to pop it into my ps2 and give it another whirl. Swords attached to chains on your arms? BRILLIANT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back