round 2; 12 Metal Gear Solid v 76 Final fantasy 2 (IV)

?

• MGS

• FFIV

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has to be Metal Gear Solid. FF 2 (or 4) is a solid old school RPG, but it just doesn't compare or stack up to MGS in any category. I truly hope the FF marks don't ruin this tournament by trying to vote out MGS here.

MGS is still one of my all time favorite games, and I'm still in absolute disbelief that it hasn't been made into a movie yet. The plot is that good. Snake will forever live on as one of the greatest (and downright coolest) characters in gaming history.

Vote MGS. Please, I implore you.

Metal Gear Solid in a landslide. This is coming from a RPG fanatic mind you, but I've let realism overcome my fanboyism. I've only played the last two MGS though those two along has come to make me believe the first one was better than FF IV.

I'm all for Final Fantasy games, but the fact remains the two that got me hooked were 3 and 7.. 2 just wasn't it for the franchise. Which is why I'm voting for Metal Gear Solid in this round.

When I first played MGS, I was blown away. It takes a lot for me to get into games like this, because I'm just not big into action games by the way these are. I find it slightly difficult to have to use one analog stick to aim your gun, while using the other to move your character up, down, left or right - so you're on target. It gets annoying.

However, the storyline from the MGS games was amazing, and the gameplay was unbelievable. It was also more grown-up than I ever remember other games with similar play styles being. The controls weren't as hard as I've seen some before, and in the end.. MGS blew open a door to a whole new level of action games. So it takes my vote.

There's no way I can go with FF 2 here, there was nothing outstanding about that game. MGS on the other hand was addicting. Just an awesome game and a great combination of storyline and gameplay. Probably one of the best games I've ever played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back