Round 2; 11 Super Mario Bros. 3 v 75 Crash Bandicoot

?

• SMB3

• Crash

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Smb3.jpg

v

Crash_Bandicoot_Cover.png

Platform war going on here, and the battle is raging on, and holy shit that was a quick rout for SMB3. There is no way in hell Crash is better than the legendary SMB3 here. Crash was a pretty sweet game for the Playstation when it came out, and Crash was supposed to be Sony's Mascot akin to Sonic and Sega, or Mario and Nintendo. Well we all see how that worked out. Mario Bros 3 is the platformer any gamer should have grown up on, and Crash was a cool looking game for the Playstation that may have gotten a run through, and that was it. They have had SMB3 tournaments, back in the day before we really had LAN or online capabilities to play. SMB3 wins this one.

This is due to pure nostalgia. Crash was probably the second game I ever played, even though I admit SMB3 is probably better, I just had to go with my favorite game. I've not picked it up in quite some time, but it was always fun when I played it. On a side now, I hate the levels when you had to run from those giant ass boulders, as well.

I'm going to have to cop to the nostalgia factor as well, same as Milk. Super Mario Brothers 3 is the superior game, and I'll gladly admit that. But I fucking love Crash Bandicoot, and it gets my vote here. I loved Mario like any other gamer did, but I enjoyed the first few Crash games ten times as much as I did Mario. So, Crash gets my vote. It's not the better game, and it will probably be crushed, but it gets my vote.

Crash was just a generic 3D platform game during the age of generic platform games that came from the success of Mario 64. Just like Spyro. And I've never seen Crash as anything more than that.

Mario on the other hand is legendary. If it hadn't been for Mario, there would probably be no Crash.
Mario 3 might not be the strongest in the series but it's still a damn fine game. And quite possibly the most challenging Mario game ever. I know so many people who have gone crazy trying to finish this game. It's awesome.

Super Mario Bros. accelerated the series and upped the ante for the series. The music was phenomenal, and the additions to the gameplay were great. If Nintendo just made a wishy-washy sequel wish no ambitious additions, many fans would be disappointed with the release. Nintendo went all out and created the best of the side scrolling series. Crash Bandicoot is just a solid platformer. I'm going to vote for the better game and go SMB3.

I loved playing Crash Bandicoot. Who cares about the platform or the graphics or whatever, it was a great game that was loads of fun and you can't deny that. I really like SMB3 as well, it was truly awesome. However, I've already voted for like 30 other Mario games to advance, so Crash gest the nod here.

Man is the word nostalgia is being throw around this tournament from all directs, and I'm an offender as well, you just can't help it though both of these games bring back good gaming times. One reason I love Crash is for the simple fact that through all the BS he has to go through...he never speaks a single word...ok that really has nothing to do with anything. As much as I love Crash, this is not the superior sequel I hold as one of the best platforming games of all time, if it was I would give my vote to it. Mario 3 on the other hand has to be one of my top 3 Mario games ever. Does anyone remember the short TV series The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3? Man that show was awesome....Captain N was such a douchebag.

Vote to Mario...even though he has many other games still in this that shouldn't.

Reactions: gd
Crash was good, and I played it a lot, but Mario 3 is probably my all time favourite platform game, so that's that really. Bandicoot was amusing, but the diversity in mario was quite good for its age, not only could you fly, but you could also swim and have little ice pick throwing mario too. Ace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back