Team Smackdown vs The Dream Team

• Team Smackdown ('05)

• The Dream Team ('89)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team Smackdown

Team Smackdown is from the 2005 Survivor Series, and consisted of Batista, Rey Mysterio, JBL, Lashley, and Randy Orton. They defeated "Team Raw," which consisted of Shawn Michaels, Kane, The Big Show, Carlito, and Chris Masters. Randy Orton was the sole survivor, defeating Shawn Michaels. As a result of the loss, Eric Bichoff was fired as RAW GM.

The Dream Team

The Dream Team is from the 1989 Survivor Series, and consisted of Dusty Rhodes, Brutus Beefcake, The Red Rooster, and Tito Santana. They defeated "The Enforcers," which consisted of Big Boss Man, Bad News Brown, Rick Martel, and The Honky Tonk Man. Rhodes and Beefcake were the sole survivors. Bad News Brown argued with Big Boss Man (Brown was a replacement for Akeem) and walked out on the team. This was also one of the many encounters between Strike Force members Santana and Martel, and this was the first Survivor Series Match to feature team names and a 4-on-4 format.

Smackdown wins again. They're main eventers facing a bunch of midcarders and Dusty Rhodes. Let's see. THe Dream Team is Polka Dots Rhodes, a guy who once went by the moniker the man with no name, a future bull fighter, and a human bird. They're up against, the future of the business in Orton, a power machine in Batista, the best lightweight ever, a guy that had it all but a voice in Lashley, and a Texas Barfighter. Who do you think i'm picking here?

So let me get this straight. You have a team who is consisted of manily power players in Batista, JBL, and Lashley. Then you have speed in Rey Mysterio, and the mental edge with Randy Orton. All this against a team of a polka dot wearing Dream, A Barber, Tito Santana and a chicken? Team Smackdown takes this one in easy fashion.

Again, I agree with the Baron. Team Smackdown just holds too much over the Dream Team.

The large part of the Dream Team is Dusty Rhodes, and his legendary career. Next to him, you have two great midcarders in Tito Santana and Brutus Beefcake. I'm not even going to consider the Rooster. But, there is the problem for this team. They have one big guy and some midcarders. While this is a good team, it isn't enough in this case.

Team Smackdown is perhaps one of the better teams in this thing. They have Orton, Batista, and Rey that makeup the best of three worlds. Talent, power, and agility are three things that they bring to the table. Add to this JBL and Lashley, and you get more wrestling and brawling ability. I just don't see any Dream Team matching this.

What some others may not consider is Team Smackdowns diverse Face and Heel lineup. With this, they have a great ability to overpower an opponent and cheat to win. Just something to consider. But, Smackdown in a squash.

The Dream Team is one of the most boring teams of all time. Most of the wrestlers are middle of the road. Not exactly jobbers, Rhodes feuded with Savage, Tito was always solid, and Beefcake had a friendship with Hogan. So none of them could exactly be classified as jobbers. But I just don't see how they could beat the other team.

The 2005 Survivor Series was one of the worst ones I've ever seen. Not match quality, just the wrestlers involved. Having a team made up of mostly mid carders and a few main eventers might have worked in the 80's & early 90's. But it doesn't cut it these days.

One person who was probably glad about the death of Eddie Guerrero, odd man out Bobby Lashley.

Team Smackdown gets the nod. The Dream Team was probably one of the most bland and boring team of survivors that I remember, serously the Red Rooster? Team Smackdown is loaded with talent. as much as I don't like JBL, he can be removed and Smackdown has the advantage. Plus you're forgetting the Orton factor, a man that is a true survivor in this match type.

In the very definition of a whitewash, 2005's PACKED "Team Smackdown" overtakes the first victorious Survivor Series team in history, "The Dream Team," by a a score of 23-1.

It's hard to tell if people were voting FOR Team Smackdown on a count of their amazing star power - nobody on the team lacks the words "former World Champion" in their wikipedia write up - or whether people voted AGAINST a very weak Dream Team consisting of an aging and out of shape legend, a man whose strongest body part is his hand strength from gripping Hogan and Rhodes' coat tails so tightly, the Survivor Series **** in Tito Santana, and a cock.

Either way, it will take a star-laden, cohesive unit to take out Team Smackdown in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back