Round 1; Syndicate(9) v BioShock(120)

?

• Syndicate

• Bioshock

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
bioshock_xbox360.jpg

v

jag%20syndicate.jpg

Never played Syndicate to be honest. But it's on the Atari Jaguar, so it pretty much automatically loses unless it's name is Aliens vs. Predator. I was one of the 12 people who owned a Jaguar, so I know that most of the games were shit.

Bioshock is great fun though, I've had a great time with it whenever I've gone over a buddy of mine's house who owns an XBox. Really fun sci-fi shooter with (from what I could gather) a pretty good story.

So I went with Bioshock out of default here. Any game on the Atari Jaguar not named Aliens vs. Predator pretty much loses immediately in my book.

Syndicate was originally a PC game, it's just the picture I have is the Jaguar version, that being said I don't know how it ranked so high. I haven't even heard of it, from what I see it doesn't look too impressive.

Bioshock wins this one

Bioshock wins. Never even heard of Syndicate, and have NO IDEA how it is ranked so high. The videos i've watched, and research i've done on it makes it seem ok at best. Bioshock isn't awesome but it beats Syndicate.

Yeah I have to go with the group consensus and go with Bioshock by default. I grew up playing on the NES and Atari, but I've never heard of Syndicate, and Bioshock was a thrill ride and a half for me when I went through it. Bioshock should go over here.

Bio Shock is mint, and having never played Syndicate I can't really have an opinion on it. However after some googling I find its basically an earlier Command and Conquer. Still though what I have seen from google is no where near enough to make me vote for it over Bioshock

Bioshock got my vote, why ?

Because it rocks.

1. The graphics are awesome on every platform.
2. The gameplay is groundbreaking and something unique.
3. The leveldesign is over the edge and actually really creepy.
4. The plot is deeper than one could think and it holds lots of surprises.

It may not have a multiplayer mode but it really is worth playing.
I was kind of sceptic when it first came out but then I gave it a try and was immideatly hooked by this underwater action.

It´s challenging but not frustrating and has a unique plot and awesome characters that add to the atmosphere of the whole crazy-underwater-city style.

Bioshock all the way. It was the first game I bought for my 360, and probably the best out of the lot so far (Gears comes very close though). The story is simply amazing, the setting is eerie,and the graphics and visuals push the boundaries of the system, even in this current generations young age. Everything from the Adams to the Little Sisters to the Big Daddies is amazing.

Going with Bioshock here, I've never heard of Syndicate, but it looks to be in the same vein as Starcraft. Judging from the fact that

1. I've never heard of it

2. Strategy games genre as a whole really isn't my first pick when it comes to games (more of a racing games type of person)

This tells me that Syndicate was really never that popular even in its own genre. When people think of great strategy games World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Pikmin are usually the first games to come to mind.

I've played bioshock a few times, it's a good shooter, not my favorite but its solid. It's enough to get my vote against Syndicate.

Wow 15-1 at the minute huh. I think that I have to mirror what X said. I have never playe Syndicate but I know that I would not enjoy it as much as BioShock. The story was intrigueing, the graphics were immense and the soundtrack was so different to me. I think you know you have done well when you have everyone singing the main tune to your game. Gears of War did it for me with "Mad World", Fallout 3 did it with "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" and Bioshock did it expertly with. "Somewhere beyond the sea". Soundtrack is not everything though but overall BioShock is a great game and I really look forward to the next one.

Bioshock: What a game, This should go pretty far on its ending alone(wont spoil it). It had great graphics, The lighting, And shadowing was amazing, It always set the mood of the game so perfectly. The enemies were damn impressive. The setting of the game was pretty unique too.

Syndicate: Never played it.

Bioshock torches Syndicate. My buddy went out of his way to buy a Jaguar at a vintage video game store, kept saying it was released before it's time and that's why it never faired so well. But after watching him play one of the 30 games he got with the system, I could instantly see why it actually failed. Games like Syndicate are the reason it failed horribly.

Be reasonable vote for a quality game like Bioshock.

Bioshock is Steampunk thereby earning a bazillion cool points from me, Combine in the brilliant graphics and the well defined story, that splits 3 ways for the ending, it was innovative in the right ways and isn't innovative for just being innovative.

Bioshock gets my vote here.

I remember going to the video store and using my hard earned cash to rent Syndicate for the weekend. I thought the cover looked cool, so I took it home, plugged it in and spent the next 2 hours becoming more and more frustrated as I tried to make my little army of assassins do impossibly difficult missions.

What I did not realize at the time was that Synidcate was a PC game that they poorly translated over as a SNES title. All the commands that were a button push away on a PC keyboard were somehow locked away in my SNES controller like a strangely ergonomic rubix cube and I took the game back and exchanged it for something else the same night.

Bioshock was fun, the ideas fueling the game were original, the graphics and ambiance were excellent and game play was smooth. Easy decision for me.

Bioooshhhooooccckkk. It's not even close.

In an age of tired old computer shooting games, everyone was getting tired of the same old run and shoot formula. Then Bioshock came along, and everyone said "Oh, shit. This is what these games were always supposed to be."

The combat on this game is top-notch. The switch between ADAM powers and regular old guns is fluid, and you don't even think about it after a while. The atmosphere...oh ma gawd. I'm creeped out just walking along a sewer grate in that game. With the shadows, and the music, and the fact that a crazy feral dude might jump out and start throwing grenades at me you can't help but think you have to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back