Round 1; Pirates!(49) v Twilight Princess(80)

?

• Pirates

• Twilight Princess

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Twilight princess is in my opinion, one of the most under rated games around. It has great visuals for GC/Wii, it has a great story which expands the Legend of Zelda, great gameplay, lovely music, and lots of distracting side quests. Love it!

Never was a fan of pirate based games, or pirates in general and this game is no exception. Twilight Princess was a great game. very fun, decent graphics, and good gameplay. Very underrated game it is, and IMO is the 3rd best Zelda game behind WIndwaker, and OOT. That gets my vote.

Well, Twilight Princess is a Zelda game, and I am a ****e for any Zelda game, so it gets my pick easily. I've never played the Pirates! game, but I didn't hear very good things about it so I never played it. I have noticed this round is harder because some of these games people have never played so it makes the voting very easy. I am looking forward to the next rounds after where the competition will heat up.

Like everyone else thus far, Zelda owns pretty much all games. Honestly I haven't played Twilight Princess, because I tend to avoid the Wii at all times in every way and I haven't bought a "new" game probably since MLB The Show 08 (or 09, can't remember).

Had to give the vote to Zelda here. Pirate games don't appeal to me in any way, pretty much at all.

Like everyone else thus far, Zelda owns pretty much all games. Honestly I haven't played Twilight Princess, because I tend to avoid the Wii at all times in every way and I haven't bought a "new" game probably since MLB The Show 08 (or 09, can't remember).

Had to give the vote to Zelda here. Pirate games don't appeal to me in any way, pretty much at all.

I only play two games on my wii. Twilight Princess is one of them. Trust me when I say that while I'm used both controller styles, the wiimote and the nunchuck don't hurt it at all. It's worth a rent. Well it's actually worth a buy, but I'm just sayin'.

Twilight Princess. I've only played it once but I loved it when I did. I've always loved the Zelda games and this is one of the most fun ones I've played and I played quite a few of them.

Twilight princess is in my opinion, one of the most under rated games around. It has great visuals for GC/Wii, it has a great story which expands the Legend of Zelda, great gameplay, lovely music, and lots of distracting side quests. Love it!

I have to agree,

Twilight Princess might look like any Zelda game at first sight but it is only second to Ocarina of Time in my book.

The graphics are great for the Wii and it even looks great on the GC.
The plot is awesome like in the entire Zelda franchise.

The controls are very well done and they didn´t overuse the possibilities of the Wii remote.

It´s an overall great game and so far one of the best Wii games.

I've played TP on the game cube, as I absolutely loathe the Wii in any form that it comes in. The game is simply phenomenal, but a bit repetitive. This is about the point where the Zelda story needs direct sequels instead of trying to reinvent itself on new platforms, just my opinion. The graphics and game play are tremendous, but as i said, repetitveness doesn't make this game as strong as the previous in the series.

Pirates, I truly hate Pirates.

The twilight princess: Great gameplay, Great controls, Great story, Great music, Great side quests, Great graphics. Need I say more?

Pirates: Was trash.

The best pirate themed game I have ever played was the old Uncharted Waters games for the Super Nintendo, they were pretty fun. As for this Pirates game, I haven't played it, but I do know how they play, and it is not my type of game, unlike Twilight Princess. Like others have said, Zelda pretty much dominates most games because they are all great(except those CD-i ones) and it is going to take a lot more than Pirates! to take out TP. I have only played the GameCube version of Twilight Princess, but everything looks and plays the same, except for the controls, so my vote goes to Zelda yet again.

I usually like Zelda games but TP was just OK. It was fun for a while but it got kind of repetitive. Don't think it really stacks up to other Zelda games.

Pirates! may have been kind of stupid, but I thought it was pretty fun the few times I played it. I mark for anything involving Pirates and this game isn't getting much respect here, so I gave it my vote.

Pirates! whether it be the old classic version or the remake, was never a game I really caught onto, I played it over and over but never enjoyed myself.

Twilight Princess is not even close to the best Zelda game, it was not innovative enough, while Ocarina of Time changed the whole series bringing it into 3D, and Majoras Mask brought in a time system and masks, as well as an excellent and possibly the darkest story in the Zelda series. Twilight seemed like a step back to me. It wasnt a bad game, it was just ok. Neverless it gets my vote over Pirates!, but this may be the only time Twilight gets a vote from me.

In my opinion, Twilight Princess is the 3rd greatest Zelda game made. That is saying a hell of a lot considering I think it's better than Majora's Mask, Minish Cap and the Oracle Games, all of which are absolute classics.
The puzzles are superb, as are the items (that floaty-spinny-disc thing is awesome) and the story draws you in superbly (remember the sadness when Zelda sacrificed herself to save Midna?) and the gameplay is classic Zelda. It's quite hard to find fault with this game.

Pirates is a legendary game franchise, but it really hasn't stood the test of time, while Zelda is the definition of a franchise that has stood the test of time.

TP should take this easily.

Honestly, I would of put Majora's Mask or The Wind Waker buuut...Twilight Princess is right up there in one of Link's best adventures (and mature). I just loved how it seemed like your typical fantasy world adventure that took an unexpected twist mid-through. Hopefully Shigeru Miyamoto's next Zelda will surpass OoT.

Reactions: Lee
Gotta say, never played Pirates, but just putting this out there - TP was incredibly average for a Zelda game - it was a minimal improvement on the OoT formula, and didn't utilise the Wii in any meaningful way. It was fun for one play but I can't see myself ever playing it through again - a quality that is important when I decide to spend £35 on a game. It tried to be too "stylish" and felt kind of hollow - examples include a field that should have been more massive than the slightly wider than linear thing we got, and in general playing as a Wolf and finding those shadow whatever things was boring. I won't vote because TP will almost definitely win anyway, but it's not THAT good.

Gotta say, never played Pirates, but just putting this out there - TP was incredibly average for a Zelda game - it was a minimal improvement on the OoT formula, and didn't utilise the Wii in any meaningful way. It was fun for one play but I can't see myself ever playing it through again - a quality that is important when I decide to spend £35 on a game. It tried to be too "stylish" and felt kind of hollow - examples include a field that should have been more massive than the slightly wider than linear thing we got, and in general playing as a Wolf and finding those shadow whatever things was boring. I won't vote because TP will almost definitely win anyway, but it's not THAT good.

That may just be because the games a GAMECUBE GAME that was ported to the wii? May just throw that one out for you.

The game is fantastic, if you're going to keep comparing zelda games to OoT then that's just stupid, you need to look at a game as a game not as a game in the zelda series it makes it so much more enjoyable!

I dunno, I thought MM was a definite improvement on OoT in all areas apart from game length, so it's not impossible to better OoT IMO, but it's definitely a template they've followed for a while now - I think the games need a refresh - like a new direction that OoT provided. TP isn't a bad game but it's just a continuation of the ideas in OoT. I know Nintendo can come up with something else and I'd liek to see them take that next step.

I dunno, I thought MM was a definite improvement on OoT in all areas apart from game length, so it's not impossible to better OoT IMO, but it's definitely a template they've followed for a while now - I think the games need a refresh - like a new direction that OoT provided. TP isn't a bad game but it's just a continuation of the ideas in OoT. I know Nintendo can come up with something else and I'd liek to see them take that next step.

Well the thing you have to remember about twilight princess is what games happened before it;
Windwaker and four swords. These games were a huge step away, the games needing a refresh, but the fans wanted a 3D game which was like OoT. They got it in Twilight princess, you had the story of the ocoo, a bit about the sheikah as well as the gerudu and gorons. The game is great fun, it has your typical Zelda story, it has the nod to previous games, it brings in new parts of "The Legend" as well as the good side stories. A great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back