• Dovahkiin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One

kratos-vs-dovahkiin.png

These two legendary warriors are set to do battle in this match as the Dragon Born clashes swords with the bane of the gods. Will the man with the dragon blood be victorious, or will it be the God of War that makes it through to the next round?

FIGHT!

Kratos all the fucking way.

And I'll go in depth here to explain why.

Powers
  • Dragon shouts- The Dovahkiin has the unnatural ability to learn and master the use dragon shouts almost immediately after learning them. These shouts vary in effect, some of them are used offensively, some of them are used defensively.
  • Magical ability- The Dovahkiin is able to cast magic spells. Destruction spells allow the Dragonborn to use fire, ice, or electricity to damage his opponent. Alteration spells allow the Dragonborn to make physical changes to the battle environment. Illusion spells can mentally manipulate the Dragonborn’s opponent. Restoration spells allow the Dragonborn to heal himself and protect him from magical attacks. Finally, the Dragonborn is able to conjure allies, often time from beyond the grave. Typically the Dragonborn can create a ghostly wolf or raise a skeleton to help him in battle. These creatures are weak, but provide a useful distraction for the Dragonborn.
  • Enchanted weaponry- The Dovahkiin’s weapons are often enchanted with various abilities, including health absorption, fire damage, or the ability to induce paralysis.

Abilities
  • Expert soldier- The Dovahkiin is an extremely proficient soldier. He is able to wield any weapon successfully and use it to destroy his enemies. Swords, axes, maces, hammers, shields, bows, crossbows, great swords, and battle-axes are all familiar weapons to The Dragonborn.
  • Sneaking- The Dragonborn is also highly successful in the ways of the thief. He can sneak around unnoticed if he utilizes the proper techniques, pickpocket enemies, and create and utilize powerful poisons.
  • Resist Cold- Because this Dovahkiin is a Nord, it means he is resistant to cold. Nords are natives of Skyrim, a country that is subject to long, bitter cold winters, and their Nordic blood has grown used to this weather. As such, ice attacks are less successful against the Dovahkiin than they would be against other races.

Assets
  • Enchanted Weaponry- The Dovahkiin is likely carrying around all sorts of weaponry with various enchantments suited for his battle style.
  • Iron Armor- The Dovahkiin is cloaked head to toe in iron armor.

• Yeah I don't how Dragon shouts will help him against Kratos but I'm willing to bet it's pretty useless against the Ghost of Sparta.

Magical Ability?
    [*]Godlike resistance to magic-In the past Kratos has proven to have resistance to magic attacks that would kill most mortals.

Enchanted Weaponry? Probably nothing compared to stuff Kratos has carved people up with.

Expert Solider? Kratos was trained to lead and command people like him, he has way more knowledge as a strategist.

Sneaking? Okay maybe this gives him a better chance but surely doesn't overall imply he can beat Kratos.

Resist Cold? Useless against a man who's been to Hades and back.

God of War>Skyrim.

Vote Kratos.

So has this Dovah abused Alchemy/Smithing/Enchanting in such a way his iron set has reached the armour cap of 567 (80% reduction in physical attacks), enhanced and enchanted his swords and bows to do hundreds of thousands of physical and shock/fire/ice damage. Fortify Health and Stamina and Health and Stamina Regen into the hundreds of thousands. Essentially breaking the game so badly the Dovah takes no damage from anything and will one shot everything with his world (as 200k damage is around 50x overkill as the most hp the highest level creatures have is around 4k-5k health). The hundreds of thousands of health enchanted onto the Dovah also will allow him to survive any fall and restore the health instantly.

This video shows how to abuse alchemy/enchanting/smithing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ9m7owVg_w

With fortify restoration potions he can also make his amulet of Talos (which normally reduces his shout time by 20%) to the same unimaginable levels essentially he will be able to use the become ethereal shout constantly meaning he will never take any damage.

Without being allowed to abuse Alchemy/Smithing/Enchanting from what i can tell the only thing the Dovah has going for him is the Become Ethereal and Slow Time Shouts as even then they only last a matter of seconds. From watching a couple of Kratos videos his agility alone would easily out pace the Dovah leading to an easy victory.

Without abusing Game Mechanics the Dovah is just a mere man who can easily be put down by a bandit chief or a bear if he isn't prepared. So is this Dovah allowed to abuse everything he can get to pretty much become immortal or is he a mere man who can barely combat a basic dragon (like the official Dovah who could barely handle a basic dragon in the trailer).

Um yeah. If I had been around beforehand, I would have advised about including any of these guys. Kratos is a snoozefest, and Dovahkiin (in my world anyway) was merely an assassin with a nice ass and a sweet bow. Really, I'm not convinced either way here. Can't we just eliminate them both right now?

Do your best to convince me boys; my vote here can be bought.

Kratos is a Demi-god, Dovahkiin is not.

Kratos has killed gods, Dovahkiin has killed Dragons

Gods > Dragons

Therefore

Kratos > Dovahkiin

Simple. (Though I agree with Jose, both suck, Skyrim is an awesome game but it's the world not the character that makes it, God of War as a game just isn't that good. Spammybutton mashfest that it is.)

Kratos is a Demi-god, Dovahkiin is not.

Kratos has killed gods, Dovahkiin has killed Dragons

Gods > Dragons

Therefore

Kratos > Dovahkiin

Simple. (Though I agree with Jose, both suck, Skyrim is an awesome game but it's the world not the character that makes it, God of War as a game just isn't that good. Spammybutton mashfest that it is.)

You must not count out that Alduin the main antagonist is the Nordic God of Destruction. A creature that originally took three people using an elder scroll (which in itself is a bigger mystery) to unknowingly send him to the future.

Then the present day Dovahkiin proceeds to steam roll Alduin twice, possibly forever destroying him forever (though its possible Alduin survived that second encounter, as shown with the dragon Durnuhveer from the Dawnguard DLC, dragons that aren't regular can revive themselves).

Essentially, Alduin by all means was a god. The Dragonrend shout was the only thing that made him mortal enough to get wounded.

So the whole gods > dragons thing is kind of meh since Alduin is a god. Still game play from the trailers the Dovah would stand no chance against this Kratos.

Rough matchup for Dovahkiin. He's got a lot going for him, sure. The epitomized Dovahkiin as a master of all weapons, all magics, and has slain dragons and saved worlds. Unfortunately, this is an "Anything you can do, I can do better" scenario. The Dovahkiin is a master of all weapons, sure, but the Blades of Chaos are arguably the most versatile and deadly weapons ever made. The Dovahkiin may be a master of magic, but Kratos has a deadly array of multipurpose and devestating spells. For the one god that the Dovahkiin has taken down, Kratos has a pantheon. Kratos, in a way, is the Dovahkiin distilled. Through a concentrated, focused effort, Kratos's "no wasted effort" approach combined with more experience overwhelms the Dovahkiin for a Round 1 KO.

I really wanted to pull for Dovahkiin but Kratos is a tough match. Like Harth said, its basically a anything you can do I can do better deal.

Dovahkiin slays dragons with a combo of magic and blade, but Kratos slays gods with the same powers. Plus Kratos has an extremely high resistance to magic.

Skyrim is a much better game but Kratos is the power powerful combatant. Gotta give it to Kratos.

Can't add much else to what's been said. Kratos is all Dovahkiin is with a pound of cheescake and more. You kill dragons, Dovahkiin? Kratos kills gods. Despite the sucky matchup and the fact a CHARACTER is pulled from Skyrim (characters of which mean NOTHING imo), Kratos wins it easy, despite my strong dislike of GOW.
Vote: Kratos.

The Dovahkiin does defeat a god in TESV in Alduin as well as a large array of super-human creatures, ghosts and ghouls throughout the land of Skyrim. He also has a quite frankly ridiculous array of weapons, spells, shouts, enchantments and potions to be used in both attack and defence; more than enough to worry Kratos in battle.

Kratos would probably be immune or resistant to the effects of many of the weapons, spells and shouts but what is there to stop the Dragonborn from slowing time and attacking Kratos whilst he is in slow motion? Or using a potion of invisibility to sneak up to hide from and then sneak up on Kratos? Who is to say that Dragonrend might be able to affect Kratos in a similar way to Alduin?

I would still give the edge to Kratos purely due to his demi-god status but this is by no means a foregone conclusion and demi-god status in itself might not be enough.

You know who else was a demi-god? Hercules. And who was his father? Zeus. And how did he die? Poison. And what does the Dovahkiin have ready access to? You guessed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back