• Hungarian Horntail

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One

deadpool-vs-hungarian-horntail.png

As Marvel's greatest comedian, Deadpool has found himself in a variety of unfamiliar and uncomfortable situations, but has he ever found himself staring down the face of a dragon? Will Deadpool's merc training be enough to take down the winged beast, or will he be cooked like one of his beloved chimichangas?

FIGHT!

Now this depends on one major thing: recently Deadpool lost his healing factor and therefore can be killed.

If he has the healing factor, he wins this easily as not only can he fight, but he has unlimited continues. He may be insane, but he's as wily of an opponent as there can be. There are multiple ways to face a dragon and Deadpool with the healing factor could find a way to beat it.

Without the healing factor, I'd still give the edge to the Merc with a Mouth, but less so as he would have to be on guard a bit more and that could cost him. I think Deadpool takes it in the end, but the healing factor is a big deal.

Deadpool all day, every day.

Name a weapon, Deadpool can and will use it. If Deadpool wanted he could ride a cruise missile down onto the dragon, Major T. J. "King" Kong style, kill it, and then walk away unharmed a short while later.

Even if the dragon manages to corner Deadpool, he can just bodyslide away no problem.

Yeah I don't care who he's up against, I'm blindly voting for Deadpool because he is just flat out too awesome.

Healing Factor, specializes and various weapons that I'm sure could kill this dragon, plus he's a lot funnier.

Even without it I'm sure he could take this Dragon, there's really no other way to go here than Deadpool.

Deadpool against a Dragon

Deadpool is facing a dragon...

Deadpool is facing a fucking dragon.

How does this not get across through people? Deadpool is facing a dragon. I love Deadpool, he's awesome, he's funny, and he is down right one of the better characters in the Marvel Universe. But Deadpool is a punching bag, he is a glutton for punishment, and he often or not enjoys getting the shit kicked out of him by things bigger than him.

The only advantage Deadpool has is his ability to use any and every weapon he needs. I don't know about the Horntail, I never read a Harry Potter book and I barely paid any attention to the movies but from what I can tell these dragons are raging juggernauts that can hunt down Harry Potter while he was flying away on his broomstick. Unless Deadpool can find a weapon big enough to knock down a fucking dragon before that dragon melts Deadpool's face off. Which would be grounds for a win to the Dragon.

I'm not fully for the dragon here simply because I don't have enough information about the Dragon's durability, but to have Deadpool win this in a landslide would just be a travesty.

Deadpool against a Dragon

Deadpool is facing a dragon...

Deadpool is facing a fucking dragon.

How does this not get across through people? Deadpool is facing a dragon. I love Deadpool, he's awesome, he's funny, and he is down right one of the better characters in the Marvel Universe. But Deadpool is a punching bag, he is a glutton for punishment, and he often or not enjoys getting the shit kicked out of him by things bigger than him.

The only advantage Deadpool has is his ability to use any and every weapon he needs. I don't know about the Horntail, I never read a Harry Potter book and I barely paid any attention to the movies but from what I can tell these dragons are raging juggernauts that can hunt down Harry Potter while he was flying away on his broomstick. Unless Deadpool can find a weapon big enough to knock down a fucking dragon before that dragon melts Deadpool's face off. Which would be grounds for a win to the Dragon.

I'm not fully for the dragon here simply because I don't have enough information about the Dragon's durability, but to have Deadpool win this in a landslide would just be a travesty.

Your face is a travesty.

How many times in works have fiction have dragons been killed by men that are simply brave and have a sword?

Deadpool has two swords, and guns, and whatever the hell else he wants to pull out of his magic satchel to win.

The reason Deadpool sits back and takes punishment...he has a fucking healing factor that has seen him survive being decapitated. He has survived being beaten by the Hulk in a fight that Deadpool offered no resistance in. There are people in the human bracket that could kill a dragon. Deadpool wins in a landslide and your vote for the dragon is a travesty.

How many times in works have fiction have dragons been killed by men that are simply brave and have a sword?

Explains why the Horntail has been able to survive magical attacks and is feared by all of the Harry Potter universe. If Deadpool was against generic dragon Then I might be inclined to agree with you. But we are talking about a specific dragon. A specific dragon that caused the great Harry Potter to flee.

But how many epics have we read where simple men with swords have slain dragons? Beowulf, who was perhaps the greatest warrior to ever live? (He also died little after the battle) Hercules? Who's a half god. Dragon's have always pillaged woman and raped villages until someone as powerful as Hercules or Beowulf slayed them. Deadpool is not Beowulf, he is not brave, he is a crazed loon. I said it once but Deadpool would jump into the dragon's mouth because he knew full well he would live and he wanted to see what was going on inside a dragon.

Deadpool has two swords, and guns, and whatever the hell else he wants to pull out of his magic satchel to win.

And the dragon is 50 foot tall, breaths fire, razor sharp teeth and can crush a house with it's tail.

The reason Deadpool sits back and takes punishment...he has a fucking healing factor that has seen him survive being decapitated. He has survived being beaten by the Hulk in a fight that Deadpool offered no resistance in.

Did Deapool win a fight against the Hulk? Has his healing factor ever gave him an advantage against Hulks, or Juggernauts that allowed him to overcome the odds? No, he just took the beating until they got tired and moved on with their life. Deadpool can survive decapitation but that would give grounds for the Dragon to win in this tourney.

Explains why the Horntail has been able to survive magical attacks and is feared by all of the Harry Potter universe. If Deadpool was against generic dragon Then I might be inclined to agree with you. But we are talking about a specific dragon. A specific dragon that caused the great Harry Potter to flee.

Yeah the dragon is immune to magic. Is he immune to bullets and rockets? Harry Potter may be scared, because Harry Potter is a 18 yr old ass wipe who carries a stick around.

But how many epics have we read where simple men with swords have slain dragons? Beowulf, who was perhaps the greatest warrior to ever live? (He also died little after the battle) Hercules? Who's a half god. Dragon's have always pillaged woman and raped villages until someone as powerful as Hercules or Beowulf slayed them. Deadpool is not Beowulf, he is not brave, he is a crazed loon. I said it once but Deadpool would jump into the dragon's mouth because he knew full well he would live and he wanted to see what was going on inside a dragon.

The guy in Sleeping Beauty killed a dragon. St. George killed a dragon. They killed a dragon in The Hobbit.

And even if...if Deadpool jumped inside the Dragon, you said it yourself he would live, so the Dragon wouldn't win on that.

And the dragon is 50 foot tall, breaths fire, razor sharp teeth and can crush a house with it's tail.

Yawn. Deadpool has razor sharp swords, can use a flamethrower, and can blow up a house with a bomb.

Did Deapool win a fight against the Hulk? Has his healing factor ever gave him an advantage against Hulks, or Juggernauts that allowed him to overcome the odds? No, he just took the beating until they got tired and moved on with their life. Deadpool can survive decapitation but that would give grounds for the Dragon to win in this tourney.

I used the example that the Hulk couldn't kill Deadpool. I wasn't arguing that Deadpool could beat Hulk. Deadpool wanted to die and even the Hulk couldn't do it. Deadpool wins and you have no argument otherwise

Sorry, DP is DP'd here.

Strike one is that he's just not very good. Sure, you kids may love him NOW, but I've been reading Deadpool stuff since before many of you were born and it's time to face the facts: he's comedic relief no different than Ambush Bug or Lobo. He's capable, sure, but he's a bit player most all of the time, and most every use of him involves him having his ass handed to him over and over and over again.

Strike two is the Horntail. Probably shouldn't even be in this tourney...I hope someone wasn't thinking they'd give DP an easy first round? Anyway, this is a giant (GIANT!) fucking dragon. Big, strong, and aggresive, just like the many many MANY heroes to stomp on DP's face in the past (Hulk, Jugs, Wolvie, etc...). DP will survive the fight, but only after the dragon has decided to go eat or sleep or do something else after incapacitating DP by sitting on him or biting off his upper half or burning him or something.

Horntail wins.

Deadpool is Ambush Bug in Marvel-land! Ambush Bug is terrible.

His opponent is a dragon, incapacitation is all that's required and a dragon would EASILY so that.

DRAGON WINS!

Yazloz;4109763]Yeah the dragon is immune to magic. Is he immune to bullets and rockets? Harry Potter may be scared, because Harry Potter is a 18 yr old ass wipe who carries a stick around.

A stick? Please, that stick can be used at the flick of a wrist to kill a man. I could go on an on about it.

The guy in Sleeping Beauty killed a dragon. St. George killed a dragon. They killed a dragon in The Hobbit.

They killed a dragon... not Hungarian horntail. The most feared dragon of all.

And even if...if Deadpool jumped inside the Dragon, you said it yourself he would live, so the Dragon wouldn't win on that.

The hungarian was said to be the most agressive dragon in the Tri wizard tourniment. Able to keep up with Harry on his firebolt. I believe that could go 150 mph. How is Deadpool going to outspeed the dragon, let alone reach it if in flight.

Yawn. Deadpool has razor sharp swords, can use a flamethrower, and can blow up a house with a bomb.

Yawn... The horntail has razor sharp claws, and teeth, armor like skin. Along with a built in flamethrower. What does deadpool do? Shoot? Even with a 50 cal. I doubt any shot outside of a headshot would really do any damage. Granted guns go faster than 150 mph, How much ammo does Dp have with him? What happens if the horntail just chills outside of his range.

I used the example that the Hulk couldn't kill Deadpool. I wasn't arguing that Deadpool could beat Hulk. Deadpool wanted to die and even the Hulk couldn't do it. Deadpool wins and you have no argument otherwise[/QUOTE]

A stick? Please, that stick can be used at the flick of a wrist to kill a man. I could go on an on about it.
Take any post I make directed at Pancake with a grain of salt. Trolling him is very fun.

They killed a dragon... not Hungarian horntail. The most feared dragon of all.
The hungarian was said to be the most agressive dragon in the Tri wizard tourniment. Able to keep up with Harry on his firebolt. I believe that could go 150 mph. How is Deadpool going to outspeed the dragon, let alone reach it if in flight.
Yawn... The horntail has razor sharp claws, and teeth, armor like skin. Along with a built in flamethrower. What does deadpool do? Shoot? Even with a 50 cal. I doubt any shot outside of a headshot would really do any damage. Granted guns go faster than 150 mph, How much ammo does Dp have with him? What happens if the horntail just chills outside of his range.

Deadpool has unlimited ammo and can use any weapon he needs. He has a magic satchel that he can pull anything he needs out of. Deadpool can also teleport, so catching up with the dragon isn't an issue.

Deadpool has unlimited ammo and can use any weapon he needs. He has a magic satchel that he can pull anything he needs out of. Deadpool can also teleport, so catching up with the dragon isn't an issue.

Ok understood about the ammo, Cool fact But he didn't lose that ability when he lost his healing factor? But his swords are just regular swords right? And his bullets are the same? Lets look at this. Yes, if you pound a 45 cal. one right after the other. For about 15 rounds on the same spot. You could maybe make it past this dragons hide. Most dragon hide can't be affected by some spells.

Another thing, it's firebreath extends about 50 feet. It also has a spiked club for a tail. So lets look at this, We are looking at the dragon form of Dead pool. A spiked tail, fire breathing, teeth, claws, dragon skin, fast movement.

178px-Deadpool.png

Hi kids. Deadpool here, with important information on Dragons. Grab your juice box and pay attention because it might just save your life one day.

Dragons are mean, nasty things that breathe fire and eat people for snacks. If you see one in its natural habitat- stay away! Do not try and pet the dragon. He will try to eat you. If you wake him up, he will try to barbeque you worse than when your mom burnt dinner on thanksgiving. Yuck.

If you decide to be brave and try to kill one, you need a few things. First throw a couple of flash grenades to blind and distract the beast. For step two you need an automatic weapon (I prefer the uzi) and your favorite sword. Next, teleport by his eye and fire off a few rounds and then go at his neck with your sword. Dont try to ride him or stab him in the head, because they usually have horns and armor like scales- so thats counterproductive and dangerous. Stick to the neck- its less protected. As always, get your parents permission before you try this at home. Im not getting sued.

This has been a tip from your pal Deadpool- The man without fear!

(uh, Wade- you cant say that.)

Why Not? You saying im a scaredy-cat?

(No, Im saying Stan wants you to stick to the script. We still have to shoot a Daredevil PSA and your kind of ripping off his lines.)

Who the hell is Stan?

(Stan Lee. He owns this place. He's your boss.)

That old guy that passes out checks is my boss? I thought it was that creepy guy from Disney?

(Its complicated. Look, just finish your lines so we can get out of here. Take 2, Action!)

Well kids, this has been a tip from your pal Deadpool- the man who has no fear but cant say so because it might make a blind lawyer mad! {holds up a sign "JGlass for Prez" and waves bye to the camera}

6a00e54ef2e21b88330168e8fcb6e3970c.jpg

Your face is a travesty.

The reason Deadpool sits back and takes punishment...he has a fucking healing factor that has seen him survive being decapitated. He has survived being beaten by the Hulk in a fight that Deadpool offered no resistance in. There are people in the human bracket that could kill a dragon. Deadpool wins in a landslide and your vote for the dragon is a travesty.

The Horntail is resilient to traditional muggle weaponry such as swords and guns thanks to its thick spiny hide. If Deadpool tries to slash or stab it most likely his sword will break, unless it's enchanted or made out of adamantium. His guns wouldn't work, unless he just so happens to carry a missile launcher on his person at all times.

Deadpool wouldn't have a chance weaponless. The horntail is the size of a jet, moves as fast as one, and is armored to the core. This thing can smash through buildings without slowing down.

I'm going with the Horntail unless someone can show me an example of Deadpool carrying a portable missile launcher on him at all times.

The Horntail is resilient to traditional muggle weaponry such as swords and guns thanks to its thick spiny hide. If Deadpool tries to slash or stab it most likely his sword will break, unless it's enchanted or made out of adamantium. His guns wouldn't work, unless he just so happens to carry a missile launcher on his person at all times.

Deadpool wouldn't have a chance weaponless. The horntail is the size of a jet, moves as fast as one, and is armored to the core. This thing can smash through buildings without slowing down.

I'm going with the Horntail unless someone can show me an example of Deadpool carrying a portable missile launcher on him at all times.

He can pull an array of weapons out of his satchel. He could pull out a chimichanga as well, if your hungry.

Yes, the Horntail has spikes and armored scales, but it also has the same vulnerable spots that all dragons have\had. Inside the mouth, the eyes and the underside of its neck. All three places are well in the realm of possible attack points for Deadpool.

Jesus, people act like he is all just a bunch of jokes. He is a mercenary which means people pay him to blow things up and kill. You dont get that job by being funny. You get it by being deadly. People are acting like he will just stand there and get caught on fire. He isnt going down without a fight and he has plenty of weapons and tricks up his sleeve.

Which version of the Horntail are we considering here - the book version or the film version?

This to me is important because film-horntail is way more powerful than book-horntail:

Book - Harry summons his broom and is able to dodge most of the horntail's attacks, apart from one small shoulder injury, before outsmarting the dragon by getting it to move from the eggs. Potter collects his golden egg quickest.

Film - Horntail escapes chains & chases potter around hogwarts. Harry outsmarts it and it gets trapped

To me, film-horntail is far more powerful & dangerous than book-horntail. However, both were outsmarted by Harry, mainly because we are dealing with a fricking dragon here. It isn't human, so wont think like a human, meaning there's a possibility of it being outsmarted.

Also, the dragon doesn't have to be killed, just incapacitated. This wouldn't be easy, but a few wizards can do this in the harry potter world, so the chance is always there.

Of course, Deadpool would need to be able to outsmart the horntail & have sufficent weaponry to be able to take it down.

I still haven't decided who I would vote for, but if Deadpool can fulfill the criteria I just mentioned, I believe he would be most likely to victor

He can pull an array of weapons out of his satchel. He could pull out a chimichanga as well, if your hungry.

So he can pull out a missile launcher from no where? Can you show me proof of that claim?

Yes, the Horntail has spikes and armored scales, but it also has the same vulnerable spots that all dragons have\had. Inside the mouth, the eyes and the underside of its neck. All three places are well in the realm of possible attack points for Deadpool.

So Deadpool would willing try to attack the Horntail's face, which is just as armored as the rest of it's body? One question... how do like your Deadpool? Medium or well done?

Jesus, people act like he is all just a bunch of jokes.

Suggesting that he'd try to attack the beast from the front is a pretty bad one.

He is a mercenary which means people pay him to blow things up and kill. You dont get that job by being funny. You get it by being deadly. People are acting like he will just stand there and get caught on fire. He isnt going down without a fight and he has plenty of weapons and tricks up his sleeve.

You're not showing me that he could beat the Horntail. All you've done is provide baseless generalizations.

some facts...

- The Horntail's armor protects its from regular muggle weaponry such as handguns, rifles, shotguns etc etc, and swords and daggers. Something like a missile launcher would have to be used to bring it down.

- From what I know Deadpool's sword isn't made out of adamantium, so it isn't special.

-The Horntail breathes fire and has an armored head, preventing Deadpool from getting close to vital spots like the eyes.

- Deadpool can't fly, the dragon can.

- Deadpool's regeneration will only protect him for so long until the Horntail lands a major blow. The dragon is faster, stronger, more vicious, breathes fire, and is armored literally to the teeth.

Don't vote for Deadpool because he's Deadpool. Vote for the Horntail because the dragon is the logical winner.

So he can pull out a missile launcher from no where? Can you show me proof of that claim?

"Deadpool has an ability often referred to as "bottomless satchel", where he can pull guns, explosives, food (usually Hic. brand beer cans) and ammunition, out of no where (usually by reaching into one of his pockets, often times pulling out something that was bigger then the pocket itself)."

Magic satchel. Anything he wants, including big explosive things.

Now it really doesnt matter if he has a rocket\misslie or not. He is an expert marksman so any weapon shot will have deadly accuracy.

So Deadpool would willing try to attack the Horntail's face, which is just as armored as the rest of it's body? One question... how do like your Deadpool? Medium or well done?

Face? No. I said weak spots. The dragon has no armor on its eyes, Deapool is a crack shot. From a distance or up close he puts a bullet in, dragon gets jacked up. Also, distracting the dragon and using his teleportation it wouldnt be so hard for him to get close enough to toss a few grenades inside his mouth & bodyslide back off. Mouth not armored, so grenades will cause a serious issue there. Now there is the neck issue. A few distracting flash grenades and that gives an opening to stab\slash the less defended\armored part of the dragon's underside.

Suggesting that he'd try to attack the beast from the front is a pretty bad one.

If you can bodyslide\teleport, popping up in the right place is a big advantage. He isnt going to fire his gun in the air and run at him head on for christ sake.

You're not showing me that he could beat the Horntail. All you've done is provide baseless generalizations.

Using his abilities\weapons to produce a logical way for him to beat an opponent using the opponents weakness is a pretty sound argument. Deadpool is a trained mercenary with an endless supply of weapons and the ability to heal and teleport. All im hearing from you is "Dragon has spiky armor and will burn him to death" Tell me why Deadpool cant use his abilities I have mentioned to defeat the dragon at those weak points....

some facts...

- The Horntail's armor protects its from regular muggle weaponry such as handguns, rifles, shotguns etc etc, and swords and daggers. Something like a missile launcher would have to be used to bring it down.

Again, why would a smart assassin like Deadpool waste time and ammo shooting the most defended part of his opponent? He wouldnt. He would exploit the un-armored\soft parts of the dragon.

- From what I know Deadpool's sword isn't made out of adamantium, so it isn't special.

Doesnt need to be special. Sharp blade + weak flesh= mission accomplished.

-The Horntail breathes fire and has an armored head, preventing Deadpool from getting close to vital spots like the eyes.

Breathing fire can keep many a foe at distance, unless of course they can teleport out of the way. Also, having spikes\armor on you head doesnt mean he cant plant a bullet in his eye. You know what the eye is right? That very soft thing in the middle of all that armor? Bullets wont just stop after they go though the eye, either. That means some damage to the brain. You know, that soft thing inside all that armor?

- Deadpool can't fly, the dragon can.

Why does Wade have to fly? So the dragon gets messed up and flies away? That what you are trying to say?

Dragon flying means nothing. He flies toward Wade, he just bodyslides to another spot.

- Deadpool's regeneration will only protect him for so long until the Horntail lands a major blow. The dragon is faster, stronger, more vicious, breathes fire, and is armored literally to the teeth.

If he lands a blow. He is a mean bastard- but he is plenty big enough for Wade to see coming. He isnt gonna just stand there and get eaten. Hell, even if he does get swallowed, guess what? He lets off a few explosives inside the belly of the beast, gets blown back outside while pieces of dragon fall from the sky, and he heals up just fine. Dragons cant put their pieces back together like Deadpool can.

Don't vote for Deadpool because he's Deadpool. Vote for the Horntail because the dragon is the logical winner.

Vote for Deadpool because he is Deadpool and its logical he can beat a dragon.

The more damage Deadpool takes the faster his healing factor works. The only person to ever beat Deadpoll in straight up combat was Squirrel Girl, because Deadpool laughed her off as a non threat and her small ineffective attacks eventually mounted up. The attacks were so minute that Deadpool's healing factor didn't kick in. The more damage he takes, the faster it works.

Also Deadpool can teleport. If he wanted he could simply teleport onto the dragon's head, gouge its eyes, stick a couple grenades in the sockets, and teleport to safety, in time to watch Golden Girls in his heart boxers.

The more damage Deadpool takes the faster his healing factor works. The only person to ever beat Deadpoll in straight up combat was Squirrel Girl, because Deadpool laughed her off as a non threat and her small ineffective attacks eventually mounted up. The attacks were so minute that Deadpool's healing factor didn't kick in. The more damage he takes, the faster it works.

This is a blatant lie. I've seen Deadpool get his head blown off by The Punisher, and I've seen him lose both arms to Daredevil. I've seen him get his ass kicked so many times it's not even worth mentioning.

And Deadpool is terrified of Squirrel Girl. Fact.

Also Deadpool can teleport. If he wanted he could simply teleport onto the dragon's head, gouge its eyes, stick a couple grenades in the sockets, and teleport to safety, in time to watch Golden Girls in his heart boxers.

He hardly ever uses his teleporting abilities in the comics, probably because body sliding is not as simple as, say, Nightcrawler's teleporting abilities. He has to press a button and declare a location before the bodysliding technology works. In the time he does that, the Hungarian Horntail would make him lunch.

And let's not forget that Deadpool is a coward to the extreme. He has no problem fighting, but usually it's only if he's getting paid or getting something in return. If he's fighting for his life, then he'd probably much prefer running away. He'd have a hard time escaping a Hungarian Horntail.

I think by the time Deadpool got close enough to do anything to the dragon, he'd be toasted by fire. If he managed to run through the fire and get close to the dragon, he'd have his head bitten off, and it would be game over.

Face? No. I said weak spots. The dragon has no armor on its eyes, Deapool is a crack shot. From a distance or up close he puts a bullet in, dragon gets jacked up. Also, distracting the dragon and using his teleportation it wouldnt be so hard for him to get close enough to toss a few grenades inside his mouth & bodyslide back off. Mouth not armored, so grenades will cause a serious issue there. Now there is the neck issue. A few distracting flash grenades and that gives an opening to stab\slash the less defended\armored part of the dragon's underside.

As JGlass so informally pointed out, his teleportation isn't instant, it's works like Goku's IT, or roughly translated, it's going to be a bitch for him to use in a pinch. And against a pissed off Horntail he's going to be doing his damnedest not to be eaten or fried.

Using his abilities\weapons to produce a logical way for him to beat an opponent using the opponents weakness is a pretty sound argument. Deadpool is a trained mercenary with an endless supply of weapons and the ability to heal and teleport. All im hearing from you is "Dragon has spiky armor and will burn him to death" Tell me why Deadpool cant use his abilities I have mentioned to defeat the dragon at those weak points....

It's been pointed out that he can't just spam his teleportation technique. How exactly can he beat it if the majority of his weapons won't work?

Again, why would a smart assassin like Deadpool waste time and ammo shooting the most defended part of his opponent? He wouldnt. He would exploit the un-armored\soft parts of the dragon.

How's he going to, say, get to the Horntail's underside if the dragon has him cornered on the defense? I doubt he can pull out a weapon from his bag with enough fire power to get the job done without prep time.

Breathing fire can keep many a foe at distance, unless of course they can teleport out of the way.

Deadpool would be able to use the technique faster than the dragon can breathe flames. He'd be barbecued.

Also, having spikes\armor on you head doesnt mean he cant plant a bullet in his eye. You know what the eye is right?

And the dragon doesn't need both to see him :shrug:

That very soft thing in the middle of all that armor? Bullets wont just stop after they go though the eye, either. That means some damage to the brain. You know, that soft thing inside all that armor?

:lmao:

Dragons act on instinct. I doubt brain damage would stop a dragon on a rampage.

Why does Wade have to fly? So the dragon gets messed up and flies away? That what you are trying to say?

Dragon flying means nothing. He flies toward Wade, he just bodyslides to another spot.

Or the dragon could just stay on the ground, spam fire breath until Deadpool's surrounding melt and he dies in a pool of lava.

And to add on to J's statement. If he gets close enough, the horntail has a close to 50 foot jet of flame coming out of it's mouth. It's said to be hot enough to turn stone white hot in seconds.

And to build on J's statment even more, how can he use his teleport to reach it's face and neck area. That is close to 50 feet off the ground! If it's that hard to use, I highly doubt he can jump that high.

As JGlass so informally pointed out, his teleportation isn't instant, it's works like Goku's IT, or roughly translated, it's going to be a bitch for him to use in a pinch. And against a pissed off Horntail he's going to be doing his damnedest not to be eaten or fried.

"Hmmm, I want to go over there." Pushes button.

Its not instantaneous, but its quick. Roughly as fast as your brain sending a signal to your finger to push a button. Thats pretty fast. He sees danger coming (not like the dragon will sneak up on him) and he gets to where he needs to be. Simple to understand really.

It's been pointed out that he can't just spam his teleportation technique. How exactly can he beat it if the majority of his weapons won't work?

Once again, tell me why his weapons wont work? Dodging the question doesnt make it go away. Many weapons in the hands of a skilled mercenary attacking the weakest points of a target is very effective.

How's he going to, say, get to the Horntail's underside if the dragon has him cornered on the defense? I doubt he can pull out a weapon from his bag with enough fire power to get the job done without prep time.

How is he gonna corner him again? A giant, ferocious monster doesnt sneak up on you like that. Deadpool will see\hear him coming and run like hell to a better spot to fight from, or bodyslide to a safer place. Hell, idk- like to within striking distance of a weak point of the dragon.

Also what prep time does he need, really? He reaches in and pulls out a weapon. Hes not trying to make a sandwich or take a test at school. He pulls out an explosive device or gun and uses it. No prep time needed.

Deadpool wouldnt be able to use the technique faster than the dragon can breathe flames. He'd be barbecued.

Fixed that for ya. So you mean to tell me he is going to just stand there and watch the dragon shoot fire at him? The dragon doesnt shoot fire at the speed of light or anywhere close to as fast as you are making it seem. Its not so fast that no-one sees it coming or has ever gotten away from the blast. Its happened alot, and with the speed\agility of Deadpool being top notch- he would react accordingly. Your stating these things like he is standing 2 feet from him and not moving. Thats not the case.

If there is any distance at all between them, he will have plenty of time to push a button or react. If this match started and the first thing the dragon did was flap his wings, hover over closer to Deadpool and shoot fire- what makes you think Wade wont move by any means necessary? Its as easy as pushing a button.

And the dragon doesn't need both to see him :shrug:

No, but if he has one eye he wont be able to see a much smaller opponent when his only good eye is on the opposite side of his head.:shrug:

Dragons act on instinct. I doubt brain damage would stop a dragon on a rampage.

The dragons reflex ability would cause him to rear back or shake his head from the damage received. His hunting instinct has nothing to do with him reacting to receiving damage. It would cause him to rage, and when you rage you lose focus. Instinct is a complex ability burned into brain function- A natural ability or pattern of action. If his brain is jacked up, his brain function suffers. That means loss of motor function, ability to process smells\sight, etc. Brain damage\trauma screws you up no matter if you are animal or human.

Or the dragon could just stay on the ground, spam fire breath until Deadpool's surrounding melt and he dies in a pool of lava.

Or while he is burning things to the ground, Deadpool would be gone before the smoke cleared and the dragon wouldnt realize until it was too late. Fire brings smoke, dragons cant see through smoke. If Wade gets out of the way, he will be in striking position before the Dragon sees he is gone. He teleports to that big horn hanging over his eye and pumps a few dozen rounds in his eye socket. Damage done. The dragon is now hurt and swiping\biting wildly. He is distracted and off balance thus giving Wade a chance to attack again...

Now to add something to what JGlass said:

Yes Wade can be a coward, but if he is fighting for something- he is pretty good at getting the job done.

This is a tournament. The winners of tournaments get prizes and money. Deadpool likes prizes and money. Plus, if there are no prizes there is still bragging rights to being the winner. Deadpool loves to brag and would want to win to be considered the best.

Deadpool is a equally stoic, but more dangerous & superpowerd Randy Orton.

The Hungarian Horntail is a slightly more attractive Great Khali.........that speaks better english.

Results:
While the Horntail looks big and impressive right from the get go, it will take more than some sharp teeth & breathing fire to stop Deadpool. Deadpool would take the slow, methodical approach and slowly pick apart the Horntail until he could strike & make his final move for the kill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back