Round 1; 64 Wind waker v 65 Ms Pac man

Discussion in 'Video Games Tournament (2009)' started by Lee, Jul 4, 2009.

?

?

1. Wind Waker

2. Ms PacMan

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

v

[​IMG]

2. Lee

Oh NoEs DeY R MakIng ZelDa all CArtOOnY for Da GC ThAt wIlL sux

Guess what people you were wrong! The game is a classic, bringing some new things into the Zelda legend, whilst still being a good game in its old right. Some things annoyed me (sailing!) and the game seemed a bit rushed, but all in all it's better than Ms Pac Man. Shame it has a tough tie next round :(

3. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Have to go with Ms. Pacman here Lee, I know I know I'm sorry and may the Zelda gods ravage my soul for voting so.

Truth is that I haven't played Wind Waker. I never had a GameCube, and I don't think I've ever known someone who's had one. I'm sure it's probably a very fun game, but I can't put it over like a classic like Ms. Pac Man (is the original Pac Man in here or just the Ms.?)

Ms. Pac Man is a staple of drunken gaming Lee, and ya gotta give it credit for it's ENDLESS playability. I can see myself getting tired of Wind Waker after a while, but I'll never get tired of Pac Man, ever. Just like tetris, it's simplicity is what makes it so addictive. Get's my vote here.

4. Lee

MS Pac Man is a good game, don't get me wrong I just preferred wind waker. Ms Pac Man was originally an unauthorised sequel, it was so popular that Namco actually snapped up the rights, rather than taking them to court. that's pretty good going.

and yes Pac-Man is in the tourney. It's seeded 29

5. Razor

Razor crafts entire Worlds out of Words

Hmmmm....Wind Waker wasn't all that good. I liked it. It wasn't fucking Majora's Mask, so it didn't suck. I didn't like the traveling in a boat everywhere. But I'm a whiny bitch like that.

Ms. Pac-Man....it's fun. It's a classic. I like it.

I wanna vote Wind Waker just because it's not Majora's Mask. I wanna vote Ms. Pac-Man because it's always worth a challenge. Fuck it. I'm going with Ms. Pac-Man. It's a toss-up though. I won't be pissed off with whomever wins.

May the Gods of Zelda have mercy upon my soul.

6. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
    E-Fed Mod

I'm voting Windwaker. Iused ot own a GC and I played the shit out of this game. It was different than the previous Zelda games but just as good. It may not be the best game in the Zelda Series but it is better tham Ms. Pacman. In the words of The Todd, I would sex that bow right off her head. Still voting of Zelda though.

7. Fizzy

Fizzy Mid-Card Championship Winner

You do know that you got a teleport song right? Plus the traveling on a boat made it original. You actually got to explore everywhere, and find new islands. Windwaker had very unique aspects to it. Mrs Pacman was very challenging, and was fun for a little bit, but you really were limited to what you could do in the game. Sure it's a classic that everybody knows, but Zelda offers so much more. I'm opposite of X I get bored of games such as Tetris and Pacman, but can play games such as Windwaker for a week straight and not be bored of it. Everybody will admit finding those triforce pieces were hell, with all the shit you had to go through to finally get the piece, then the part at the beggining of Ganon's tower where you had to fight the bosses all over again in black and white. Simple but different. It's just my perspective and I get very bored of Mrs Pacman so fast, and Windwaker offers so much more. I never get bored of games like that.

8. Raw Power

Raw Power Pre-Show Stalwart

Wrong - MM is the best Zelda ever, best story, best gameplay etc etc...Wind Waker is a continuatio nof the OoT formula, and is better than TP which recieves a lot of love for soem reason - WW gets my vote, even though Ms Pacman's addictive simplicity is to be respected.

9. Lee

zelda fans of the world, unite!
    [youtube]rEoRavExhfo[/youtube]

Just watching that introduction will have that Zelda feeling coming back, the sheer depth and brilliance that this game held. It was a huge gamble to go with the cell shading, and since then it's basically set off an almost Zelda spin off of the 'toon link' saga.

One of my favorite things about Wind Waker is the art style, the entire game is very colorful, cartoony and overall is just simply beautiful. All of the characters are unique looking and for the most part have very animated facial expressions, a quick example would be when link tenses up with fear and his eyes open widely when he hears a redead scream.

The game in general still has the basic formula of most Zelda games but the fact that the game is set in The Great Sea rather then Hyrule already sets into place a few changes. People who bished about sailing, guess what? IT'S JUST LIKE CROSSING HYRULE FIELD!

10. Jane

Jane ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maybe it has something to do with the first video game I ever played being Ocarina of Time and my first system a N64, but I never found Ms. Pac Man very fun. When you get addicted to a game like Ocarina of Time at 6 (To be honest I never got out of the Kokiri Forest) you can't go back to a game like Ms. Pac Man. I never saw the point. While Wind Waker wasn't my favourite of the Zelda series I still enjoyed it and it's worth playing. It gets my vote here.

11. Fizzy

Fizzy Mid-Card Championship Winner

Plus the people who bitched about sailing are most likely the ones who never made it far enough to get the song that tele's you. Really helpful. Plus the sailing wasn't even a bad thing. Very very unique.

Your thing about the facial expressions is right on. Even when Link gets the Hurricane move, after he delivers it his eyes spin, and mouth slightly opens. it's great. The little things in this game make it even better.

12. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Lee, i do apologise but I have never been a fan of the Zelda games. I have played most of them on ana off and have been very underwhelmed by them as a whole. Not to say that they are bad games, all I am saying is that I wouldn't play it, it's not for me.

Anyway, no one can doubt what the pac-man franchise has done for gaming. It's probably the most played game ever. That might not be true but it has a huge ammount of impact on gaming. I mean, who has never heard of pac-man? If you haven't you shouldn't be here. It's such a simple game but it's so enjoyable at the same time. I love mrs pac man. It should go through.

13. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

I hated Wind Waker, and yes, a big reason is the shitty crapime Graphics that the game took on, thus in my eyes, killing any credibility that Nintendo once had as a game maker. they took a good franchise, that constantly pushed the limits of story telling and graphics, and sacrificed it for essentially the Pokemon crowd.

Then you have Ms. Pac Man, a literaly cultural phenomenon that still to this day is played religiously. I'll take the 30 something arcade game against what is arguably one of the worst games of the Zelda series.

14. Lee

Wind Waker wins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.