Round 1; 20 Grand Theft Auto III v 109 Okami

?

• GTA3

• Okami

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

NB this is the PS2 version of Okami.​

I'm going to refrain from voting here - GTA was AWESOME but I have never, ever even played Okami for a little bit, and apparently it's awesome so I can't be sure GTAIII is better than it.

Okami is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played, the control system is fantastic, music is just magical and the gameplay just flows so naturally.

GTA III was a good jump for the franchise, but I'd much rather play Okami

Tough match up here again. Okami, like Ico, is one of those games that transcends gaming and can be taken seriously as a true work of art. Absolutely stunning and breathtaking every time you play it.

Unfortunately though it's up against GTA3, and I'm predicting a slaughter in GTA's favor here. By far the most popular gaming franchise of the new millenium, and it all started with part three. Gripping story, and the first mainstream sandbox-style game ever made. I remember just how revolutionary it was to everyone when it came out and people would tell you "You can just walk around and do whatever you want, you don't have to do missions or anything!" and it just sounded like the most alien and wonderful concept ever.

However it wasn't revolutionary to me, as I had already been a big fan of Shenmue, which had more or less captured the same sandbox stlye of gameplay a few years prior to GTA 3's release. Still though...I, like everyone else, was glued to that game for monthes and monthes. It seemed like there were just endless things to do. Never has a game excited me as much as GTA 3 did when I finally learned how to fly the car over the bridge and make it to the 2nd island without having to beat the missions. I was absolutely GIDDY with joy, the happiest I've probably ever been from a game.

GTA 3...well, it just can't be argued with here. I love Okami, but it's a pimple on the butt of GTA 3's greatness.

I've never gotten the appeal of GTA III. You drive around, shoot shit, and beat hookers. OK. Oh, and cause news people to debate for hours on TV about whether GTA III is corrupting our youth. Thanks a lot.

Okami? Fucking fantastic. I haven't played it in a while, and I've gotten a little rusty in remembering 'bout it. I just remember it being great fun to play, and a beautiful game overall.

I understand that GTA III was very popular, that you didn't have to do missions and all that jazz. But I'm voting Okami, if only to not let GTA III run away with the victory. Let's give it a damn fight.

Okami.

Grand theft auto 3:

This was a hard decision, Because Okami was such a fantastic game, So beautiful, So dynamic, And such great gameplay. Hell I even named my pup after it, But GTA3 has been the inspiration for sooooo many other games in the genre, Infact, Every game that has been released since GTA3 has been called a rip off to the franchise. One of only a games i've truly finished and said "holy shit, That was epic".

I have played both games & i've only played Okami a little bit, but my vote goes to GTA 3 & here's why.

Hell I love this game & I still play it to this day when I decide to play my PS2. GTA 3 has been the inspiration of games like Saints Row & other games in the genre that have come after it. This is one of the few games that i've completed 100% & once I finished the final mission on it. It was a holy shit moment cause the finish of the game was epic as hell & it had me jumping for joy that the money I spent on the game was totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back