• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rotten Apples

stmarks2002

Occasional Pre-Show
In wrestling, we've had notable father/son wrestling lineage. What I mean by that are guys who's fathers were prolifc or decorated stars based on the era they wrestled in; moreover, there sons were prolific and decorated as well. We saw that with the Ortons, Hennig's (Larry/Curt), Johnson's (The Rock and his dad), and the Pfoffos. There are plenty of others.

For the sake and purpose of this particular forum, I want your opinion on father/son tandems who you think/thought aren't/weren't any good in pro wrestling.

The duo that comes to mind to me are the British Bulldog and DH Smith. Both are/were strong guys but not wrestlers IMO. Bulldog was to me was a better tag team "wrestler" because he wasn't called on to do much. Dynamite Kid and Owen Hart carried him and did majority of the ring work. As a singles wrestler, he was a botch waiting to happen and put on some real stinkers; most of his matches were 7 minutes or less except for the Summerslam match with Bret and the two matches with HBK (SNME, ONO). Bulldog was limited in my opinion and had a much noted addiction to steroids and painkillers. I honestly think he was kept around because of Bret Hart. His body of work was less than stellar and definitely not youtube friendly.

In regards to DH, the same can be said. Tyson Kidd carried the Hart Dynasty. For arguments sake, you can say Natalya did more than him as well. DH's in ring work was very stale just like his fathers. He had wellness issues as well; he had been suspended a few times before his eventual release not too long ago.

We know Vinny Mac has an obsession with muscular guys but these were two misses.

What are your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back