Rookie of the Year

Discussion in '2009 Wrestling Awards' started by Mr. TM, Dec 10, 2009.

?

Rookie of the Year

1. Dolph Ziggler

2. Tyson Kidd

3. Sarita

4. Yoshi Tatsu

5. Sheamus

6. Drew McIntyre

7. Alyssa Flash

8. Abraham Washington

9. Alicia Fox

10. Brutus Magnus

11. OTHER (Please Specify)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

Nominees:

Ziggler
    Tyson Kidd
    Sarita
    Yoshi Tatsu
    Sheamus
    McIntyre
    Alyssa Flash
    Abraham Washington
    Alicia Fox
    Brutus Magnus
    Coco The Monkey

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

2. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

Sheamus has given me a lot to think about, but I really have to vote for my brother Tyson Kidd. Tyson Kidd is actually being held back by the Hart Dynasty in my books, and if they split them, I can really see him becoming a breakout star next year. I give him the nod for his incredible work early in ECW this year.

3. AllHailJericho

AllHailJericho Dark Match Jobber

I think Tyson Kidd and Dolph Ziggler are the most talented, but I have to vote for Sheamus even though I don't want to. He's only been on Raw for about 2 months and he's already in the World Title picture. You can't deny that he's the best pick.

4. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

The Rookie of the year was Sheamus. Up until this summer he was not even on the WWE roster. He had some impressive moments during his time on ECW, showing that he might be a main eventer in the future. Then he got moved to Raw far faster than some of us expected. Within months of being on the Raw roster, he is now already involved in his first world title feud, without having ever held a title in WWE yet. Sheamus has really surprised me and none of the other rookies have had as good a year as him. Sheamus is the best rookie of 2009 because he has had such a short yet impressive rise towards the top.

5. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Completely average in every sense of the word (except his hair, that's just silly). He's had some decent matches, but mostly because of Rey and Morrison.

I really like him at first, but he's done jack shit over the past few months.

She's alright, but definetly not the best rookie.

Big fan of Yoshi, he's burst onto the scence rather quickly, but his crowd reaction has died down a bit and he'll likely be in the lower midcard for most of his career.

He may be the numba 1 contender, but he's boring as hell.

He's just so odd looking, don't know where to start. He's sorta decent as well.

Overrated.

The ROTY. Has improved each and every week. At first, he was complete shit and I never wanted to see him again. However, after awhile, he began to grow on me, and his show has become the best thing in the WWE at the moment. Guaranteed 3 or 4 laughs per week outta me.

Who the hell nominated her, M_F? Fox is complete garbage.
    Good talker, shit wrestler.

If booked probably, I would've went for him.

6. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I think I am going to give my vote to Dolph Ziggler. Everyone on that list has done something notable this year but I just have to commend Ziggler on changin his gimmick so easily and becoming one of the best heel rookies that is around at the moment. More so than that, he was completely believable and has done some magnificent work on the stick. Apart from that, he has been very good in the ring and has been unlucky not to capture the Intercontinental Championship. His in-ring work has come on a tonne and I liked most of the matches he had with both Rey Mysterio and John Morrison. He is a great superstar and I hope that WWE have not given up o him. He is a tremendous hope for the future and one of the reasons I continually watch WWE programming.

7. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Bulletproof Tiger

I guess Kofi and Wolfe wouldn't be considered rookies, but they were definitely break through stars of the year in WWE and TNA. One rookie I would of nominated for is Hamada. She may not have the mic skills, but she is incredible in the ring.

I would vote for Ziggler if WWE actually used him correctly. Sheamus is the number one contender, but he still hasn't done enough to impress me, or prove himself to the wrestling world. Flash and Sarita are good but nothing spectacular. Fox is worst then cancer in the ring. If Brutus was a singles competitor he could go far. We haven't heard that much from him on Impact, but he cut a pretty good promo at a house show I attended. He received more heat then anybody there.

8. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm going to have to go with Sheamus. I don't think anybody has made as big of a splash in such a short time as Sheamus. Now, whether anyone thinks its a bad idea or loves it, it's had everybody talking about it for weeks. Also, whether you love it or hate it, Sheamus being the #1 contender for the WWE Championship is something that nobody saw coming.

Will Sheamus be the next being thing? I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see but I'm not going to dog the guy or sing his praises yet. I do know, however, that it's been intriguing and has generated a lot of interest in a very very short time.

9. TLC

TLC Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

I'm going with Abraham Washington, he is the only guy on the list that I believe has improved and is now one of my favourite bits about the WWE, Washington and Christian are the only reason why I tune in too watch ECW. At first I thought he was absolute shit but after a while i've grown towards him and he can actually make me laugh now, him and Tony Atlas are a good pay pair and always put on a good show, for that reason alone I believe he should win.

10. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

I have to go with Sheamus. I've been saying it since he debuted... this guy will never be forgotten once people lay their eyes on him. He's pale as an Irishman's ass, has red hair and features, and is absolutely HUGE. His mic skills are decent, and with all of his years in OVW and FCW, the guy knows how to put on a decent match. I expect big things from this guy and I think you'll all be surprised once they become a reality.

11. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

This should only really be between Sheamus, Abraham Washington, Alicia Fox, and Tyson Kidd, because none of the other are really rookies.

Sheamus by default then, wins this. He went from squashing jobbers to the main event, and technically has a shot at stealing the WWE title. It probably won't happen, but since the match hasn't happened yet, who knows.

Tyson Kidd is a hell of a wrestler, but what has he done of importance? Washington is annoying, and I have no idea why Fox keeps getting allowed ring time...

12. PEP3

PEP3 Getting Noticed By Management

Until Tyson Kidd shaves the fucking Kewpie Doll hairdo, I can't even consider him. It pains me to see that on an otherwise promising wrestler.

It's hard to believe this is the crop of "Rookies" we're looking at this year. Some years, we have an entire herd of promising newcomers. Others, we have . . . this.

Since Drew McIntyre was wrestling all over the world for almost a decade before landing in WWE, he's off my list.

My vote goes to Sheamus. God, that was painful to type. I'm so ashamed, I can't even expound on it. I need to go console myself.

13. RVDgurl

RVDgurl Mrs. Danielson

A strange thing happened to me over the past couple of months- I became a Sheamus fan. Yeah, he's got that killer Irish accent that makes me wanna listen to him talk even when I can't understand a word he's saying; but that's not it. I actually find the character entertaining...and I never get into the big, power guys. He's believeable as the monster heel and I find myself excited to see him beat people up. Well done, Sheamus.

14. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

None of them, although from some of the posts I've seen on this forum, Sheamus is soon going to fall under the ''underrated'' category.

I would say Dolph Ziggler if he wasn't such an average performer. And Tyson Kidd has been wrestling for years and he's still not developed a personality.

15. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Yoshi Tatsu- He had some pretty good matches with Shelton Benjamin and William Regal and did turn into a crowd favorite. With the lack of heels on Smackdown, I can see Yoshi in the title picture down the line as a filler feud. Ziggler has fallen off severely and Kidd hasn't been what I thought he would be.

16. ouhurricane619

ouhurricane619 Dark Match Jobber

Sheamus by a mile. Not only did he win the top belt, he beat supercena. That says a lot for a rookie, regardless of his friendship with the game.

17. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

I find Tyson Kidd really entertaining, in ring obviously, so I went with him. I was tempted to go for McIntyre, he has been reasonably impressive in his short tenure. I can't believe that Ziggler, who debuted last year and has not really done anything outside one or two decent matches, and Sheamus, who everyone spends every waking hour having a cry wank about him being pushed too quickly.

Sheamus is ok, that is all. I said when he debuted with his gang of four that he was the best of them, but he's defo not the best to debut this year.

18. Ytoojae

Ytoojae Occasional Pre-Show

Sheamus was excellent, but not my pick.

My pick went to Tyson Kidd. The guy is going to be one of a handful of guys who will be the future of the WWE for the next fifteen or twenty years. Brilliant in every single way and he will only improve from here on out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.