Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella Who Wins?

PaulieG

Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella who would win?

Ronda is the longest reigning UFC champ in her weight class & Nikki was the longest reighing Diva's champion. Both are super popular.

Who would you favor Ronda or Nikki?

Ronda when Nikki held the belt two factors were in her favor one she seldom defended it allowing her a long rein and two lack of good competition.

As to who should win, Ronda Rousey is the obvious answer. As to who would win, I think Rousey again comes out with it.

A couple of things work in Rousey's favor. Rousey is a bigger star than Nikki Bella has ever been or ever thought about being. Also, let's be honest, she pulls in more money for WWE than Nikki has, does or ever will. Nikki is also someone that's more reminiscent of the "Divas" era and is more of the past when it comes to the "Women's Evolution." If WWE is intent on moving forward with women's wrestling, then losing to Nikki does nobody any favors. It also doesn't hurt that Rousey is obviously quite close to Triple H and Stephanie and has some pretty significant neck issues that she's never recovered from. I mean, if some of what's shown on Total Bellas is legit, then it's hard for Nikki to take any real significant bump without aggravating her neck issues. Even though she's had surgery on it, it could be one of those issues that never really, 100% goes away and, from what I understand, that's not at all uncommon for neck and back issues. She takes one good hard slam to the mat via Ronda Rousey's judo throw and she could be in a world of hurt.

One final thing potentially working against her, especially when you take everything else into consideration, is that she's no longer John Cena's squeeze. Again, there's any legitimacy to Total Divas and if various reports are accurate, Nikki feels her biological clock ticking and wants to start a family, and Cena does no want kids whatsoever.

I feel like if this match would happen, WWE would want to micro manage this match as much as they could to protect but women's. The thing is, Ronda is cleary the face of the Raw women's division right now and that's why they pay her to money she getting. Because she got a lot of name power so you can't really expose her weakness in the ring. At the same time, The Bella's like it or not are still a big marketing tool for the company with Both reality shows and are considered megastars in the company. Plus with Nikki's neck issues they would want to take it as easy as they can on her so that she doesn'T get hurt while working with a green wrestler like rousey, who seem like she does know her own strength sometime.

So this would be a hard match to book mostly because you want to make both wrestlers look good but in the end, Ronda as to win the match solely because after that match, she staying and Nikki is leaving.

If the match were to happen today I'd put Money on Ronda.

She is the big money face of the division and Nikki is all but retired at this point. If she does come back is should be to put over women like Ronda and Alexa

I would only want to see the match if Ronda wins. Nikki's an awful wrestler and would not be believable in surviving very long in the ring against Ronda. There's countless others I would be far more interested in seeing Ronda face instead of Nikki.... If the match does happen I'd give it a chance but goodness Ronda better win.

There are rumors going about that this match might indeed take place at the Evolution ppv. The main reason for it is, of course, Vince wants the mainstream media attention it'll generate considering that Nikki Bella is well known, at least compared with most other women on the roster, to outside media through the Total Divas and Total Bellas TV shows.

I can't say that I have much interest, but I suppose that could change but, again, Rousey should win this. Nikki's career is all but over as she's only participated in 3 matches over the course of the last 14 months or so: the mixed tag match with John Cena vs. the Miz & Maryse at WrestleMania 33, the women's Royal Rumble in January and as part of a six women tag match at an MSG show. Whenever Ronda Rousey loses for the first time, it should be to someone that's vibrant, can deliver and it needs to be on a big stage like WrestleMania and not so that Nikki Bella can have one last ego moment.

Man, do I love Nikki Bella...

That aside, it's definitely a match I'd like to see. With the addition of Alexa versus Trish, this match would be a marquee match for the event. I must say I have the whole event pegged to fail but wheeling some legends out for a night might be a good idea of saving it.

In terms of a result, there is only one way that a match between these two would ever go and that is with Rousey going over. She's the top talent in the WWE and has got more mainstream exposure than Nikki could ever hope for. At the end of the day, that's what Vince wants. Rousey wins.

If anyone thinks Nikki Bella will beat Ronda then I have a bridge to sell you. All joking aside from what I heard it's because they think both are big names and will make a great main event for WWE first ever all female ppv. However, part of me thinks it's punishment to Nikki for breaking it off with Cena. I don't see this match going much longer than her match against Bliss. Only difference is I doubt she'll "break" her arm as I see it more of a match of respect than anger. That could change if WWE turns Nikki heel leading up to the match. Either way it'll be a dominant win for reigning RAW Women's Champion.

I must say I have the whole event pegged to fail but wheeling some legends out for a night might be a good idea of saving it.

I dunno, this could be a very fun show, depending on how they lay it out. If they treat it as a genuine celebration of how far women's wrestling has come in WWE, then it could be great. When WWE treats its own history seriously and with respect, it can be pretty special and it's just a shame that they don't really do it often enough. Also, cool it with the Stephanie McMahon appearances; don't have her all over the show bigfooting everything. Stephanie doesn't come off as this magnanimous presence, she comes off more like a condescending bitch who wants to be in the spotlight and it almost always winds up leaving fans with a bad taste in their mouths. I know she's gonna be there, but keep it short, especially if she's gonna be getting herself off. That's something I wouldn't mind seeing under different circumstances and contexts, but that's neither here nor there.

The Raw & SD Women's Championships will be on the line, the NXT Women's Championship will be defended and so will the NXT UK Women's Championship so there's some real possibilities for some interesting and good in-ring action.

If they try to turn it into some circus/variety show, then it's just a waste of everyone's time.

What could happen? Rousey could annihilate Nikki Bella even faster than she disposed of Alexa Bliss.

What should happen? Rousey should annihilate Nikki Bella even faster than she disposed of Alexa Bliss :)

Look, Nikki was arguably fine for the time that she seemingly reigned dominantly over the division. The Diva-to-Wrestler transition for the women was still mostly in it's infancy and competitors like Charlotte, Becky, Banks, and others were just starting to come up and/or find their spots. In other words, far better wrestlers were on the horizon but the landscape in general was still all about the Bellas of the world.

What a difference a couple years makes though. Rousey, a legit fighter with a legit reputation is the RAW women's champion. Over on Smackdown, we're getting real wrestling from the aforementioned Flair, Lynch, and others. Even Carmella has improved in skill set and proficiency with seemingly every marquee match she's involved in.

So where does that leave Nikki? As a bigger name from an era of women's "wrestling" that seems to be quickly fading away. Don't get me wrong... she still has star power, if by her connections to reality television and red carpets if anything else. Should she be winning matches, particularly title matches, at this point in her career? Probably not. Should she be going over one of (if not the) most dominant female competitor in company history? Definitely not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back