• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roman Reigns Possibly Injured.

Navi

With the safety off!!
There is breaking news on the main page that Roman Reigns suffered a broken nose at the hands of HHH during the beatdown on RAW the other night.

Apparently he underwent surgery to have it fixed. No idea if this is kayafe, but the WWE has confirmed the story. There is no word on his condition and they will keep everyone updated as they learn more.

Bummer if another one is injured, but he should be back in time for Mania, or else they're really screwed. There goes the main event.

DID he though?

All I saw was some bandages. I thought it was clear the blood on Monday was fake, and evidence has surfaced of as much. I also did not see bruising consistent with a broken nose, certainly not to the degree with which he bled.

Pretty sure this is a work, as either part of the angle they are trying to use, or to give Reigns some non-contact time to get some other injuries he apparently has healthy.

Roman is absolutely not injured. There is a video of Byron Saxton handing Roman something when Triple H was kicking his ass. What is was, we are not sure about, but immediately after that, Roman was bleeding. They are running this story, because Raw is going to be in cities the next few weeks that are notorious for causing a ruckus and booing Roman (Chicago for example). They want to protect him on the Road to Wrestlemania, so this is how they are going about it. Keeping him off TV.

If it's a work then it's not a good idea in my opinion. Last time he was off for an injury he lost all his momentum, and they have some smarky cities to get through before Mania. It they are going for the sympathy vote here and I don't think it will work.

I saw the video of Saxton handing him something, and so did a lot of other people judging by some of the comments in and around the net. If he is legitimately injured then hopefully he makes it back in time, if not, Jesus H Christ what are they thinking.

There is no way he is injured. They know that he will get booed out of the building before Wrestlemania even gets here. You would think that they would work on his character direction a little better, or something like that, but instead they take the easy way out and just leave him off TV. And this is why the fans have so much distaste for the guy. He has the look and everything you need, to be a powerhouse. Nobody wants to see superman to the rescue anymore. He IS NOT an underdog.

They're just trying to garner sympathy for Reigns and keep the brutality of HHH's attack alive by talking up this injury.

They must be panicking and quickly rethinking what to do with this storyline, because HHH was cheered beyond belief, and Reigns was booed out of the arena. The fact that the crowd was doing Daniel Bryan's yes chant while HHH repeatedly bashed his head into the announce table says it all.

What are they going to do?

As other posters mentioned, It isn't true. And also it shouldn't be true too. Whats worse than getting screwed of your biggest show's main event. :shrug:

Its most probably to gain sympathy from us so that we can cheer Reigns over Triple H. As Isenberg stated, WWE needs to make us believe that Reigns will not be able to go over Triple H which is too hard considering our knowledge about Vince's love with Reigns. :p

By the way, I am surely gonna cheer Reigns at Wrestlemania 32. ;)

:devil:

He is not injured, they are trying to play the pitty card with Roman.

I dont dislike the guy, i think he is entertaining from time to time, he is not nearly as bad as some are saying. Not even close.

But honestly, creative team is hurting this guy beyond repair, theres a moment when you need to see that instead of pushing a guy with full force, you are smashing him against a wall. And thats the case with Roman, they thing they're pushing him, but they are smashing him. If this keeps going, Roman wont have anything left to salvage at the end of the main event of wrestlemania.

LOL
How does taking a blood pack break your nose?

There was a video from right behind Byron that showed him handing Roman a blood pack and roman rubbing it all over his face, then there's more blood on his hand than his nose.

If we're lucky, they've got some sense to switch the main event before WM bombs, and work an angle to take Roman out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DLrI1GoNz8

i wonder who thought this was a good idea.

"hey vince how do we get ramen over?"
"idk lets make him bleed or something!"
"should he blade, can't we not do that?"
"oh youre right godammnit, go to party city and grab me some blood capsules!"

Also, byron saxton is the worst actor in the world

There's no injury. As others have pointed out, Reigns used a capsule to make the blood. There are so many obvious signs that point to it being fake blood.
-The handoff from Byron Saxton
-The repeated punches from Triple H designed to get blood on his fist tape and spread it all over Reigns' face
-The fact that they continued the segment and did the Pedigree on the steps after Reigns apparently had his nose "shattered". That wouldn't happen in a million years if his nose was actually broken.
-The "blood" stained his hands orange. Real blood does not stain orange.

You guys are all getting mad over something that is known as fake. You expect Roman to actually be busted open? Cmon now. The annoying thing is this is a work just for an excuse to keep him off TV for a couple of weeks when they travel to a smarky city. (Chicago).

-The fact that they continued the segment and did the Pedigree on the steps after Reigns apparently had his nose "shattered". That wouldn't happen in a million years if his nose was actually broken.

Because no segment has ever continued after someone either bladed, got busted open the hard way, or received a broken nose? Rollins/Cena had a feud that had that as a driving point since it happened in the middle of a match. Did Cena quit?

I'm not arguing the fake blood. It clearly was. What I'm saying is this point is blatantly wrong.

Also, I'm guessing the "shattered" was from the Pedigree, which was the last move.

He'll be fine, it's not the first time HHH has "injured" anyone he's feuding with and probably won't be the last.

You guys are all getting mad over something that is known as fake. You expect Roman to actually be busted open? Cmon now. The annoying thing is this is a work just for an excuse to keep him off TV for a couple of weeks when they travel to a smarky city. (Chicago).

i hope for ramens sake you are wrong about this. Not about the "injury" but about them keeping him off tv or even off the card. Having ramen miss RAW or not wrestle on RAW would only fan the flames of the smarks. He's the face of the company but he won't wrassle? He won't cut promos?

Even though it wouldn't surprise me if they kept him off the card in the weeks to come, it would be a huge mistake, probably worse than having ramen take a nap back stage mid-rumble

As expected the story has taken a curve. Now it is being reported that he wasn't injured on Monday Night RAW, but he did have surgery for a pre-existing condition regarding his nose.

Now I'm a little confused here. First of all the WWE reports that his nose was shattered during a beatdown by HHH, and had to have surgery to repair the damage. Then they come out with the fact that he has something wrong to begin with.

So I have a question because I don't like being confused. Did they change up the story because they read that no one believed them to begin with? And how do we believe them now?

All in all, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. If he has a problem just tell the truth. I'm sure enough fans would feel badly for him that he has a problem, that's how you get the sympathy vote. I hope whatever it is he did have gets fixed and he's back in the ring as soon as possible.

As expected the story has taken a curve. Now it is being reported that he wasn't injured on Monday Night RAW, but he did have surgery for a pre-existing condition regarding his nose.

Now I'm a little confused here. First of all the WWE reports that his nose was shattered during a beatdown by HHH, and had to have surgery to repair the damage. Then they come out with the fact that he has something wrong to begin with.

So I have a question because I don't like being confused. Did they change up the story because they read that no one believed them to begin with? And how do we believe them now?

All in all, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. If he has a problem just tell the truth. I'm sure enough fans would feel badly for him that he has a problem, that's how you get the sympathy vote. I hope whatever it is he did have gets fixed and he's back in the ring as soon as possible.

In all honesty, it was a probably a case where Roman had to have his deviated septum fixed because it was leading to some breathing issues and they used the "bloody" beatdown as a way to write him off tv for a week or two while he recovers. I'd bet Roman takes no bumps until Mania so as not to add any complications to anything.

Writing him off to fix an existing problem with his nose sounds about right, if that is indeed the case. However, I actually love that I can't tell whether this is real or not. It's nice to have some semblance of kayfabe alive in this day and age.

Unless he truly can't do anything to due real medical reasons, keeping him off TV for too long could be a mistake. As someone pointed out before, it'll be a repeat of the Rumble where many viewed his attack as an excuse for him to sit on his ass and get a free ride instead of working like everyone else. If he can't wrestle a match, at least have him cut some pissed off promos or attack people. Use this opportunity to turn him into the rage-driven wrecking ball we got at TLC and have him destroy everyone in his path to get to Triple H.

Roman lays around til Mania
HHH spends 20 minutes wrestling a broom, and SUPERMAN PUNCH, SPEAR?! OMG HOW DID ROMAN REIGNS DO IT?!

This will gladden the hearts of most posters here, to hear that Roman Reigns is injured.

I bet though, it was met with some disappointment, to find that it was just a broken nose and not a career-ending injury.

Oh, well, you'll have to just keep booing him out of buildings until he has a nervous breakdown, quits, and leaves wrestling, and you pat each other's backs on a job well done.

I think it's a work, and I also think it's fine for the story. This felt like Trips' true counterattack response to TLC. The story is building, the tension is rising, and the hatred is heating up either way. I think having the challenger demolished in the first week of the Mania build gives him a longer way to climb, but this is a good thing - it suggests that Roman's got a real fight on his hands.

You see this exact structure in anime and comics and shit all the time - episode or chapter 3-ish out of 12, the protag is getting curbstomped by the villain, then has a struggle to the top to confront them.

This will gladden the hearts of most posters here, to hear that Roman Reigns is injured.

I bet though, it was met with some disappointment, to find that it was just a broken nose and not a career-ending injury.

Oh, well, you'll have to just keep booing him out of buildings until he has a nervous breakdown, quits, and leaves wrestling, and you pat each other's backs on a job well done.

Only because the IWC has been complaining about Reigns since the start of his singles push around November 2014, and even moreso when he won the Royal Rumble last year at the expense of their injured and now retired Boyfriend Daniel Bryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back