ROH Sign Former NWA and ECW World Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
[YOUTUBE]AKklqzA_gRI[/YOUTUBE]​

Ring of Honor announced today the signing of former WWE, ECW and TNA star Terry "Rhino" Gerin to compete at ROH's Best in the World 2011 I-PPV which takes place on June 26th.

Rhino is believed to be the first signing backed by the new ROH Owners the Sinclair Broadcast Group.

Why?

I am scratching my head trying to figure out why they would sign Rhino, in any role. Why sign someone out-dated? Why sign someone who does the same old routine and has done nothing but for on estimation, twelve to thirteen years?

I'm not all that happy with this, or even excited. With WWE possibly having begun their "Summer cleaning" releases, I would have prefered for these guys to wait until they see who WWE dispose of, and then see if they can bring them in. Some fringe guys in the WWE would be great for ROH, guys like Harry Smith, TJ Wilson and even JTG!

The single positive I take from this is that SBG are somewhat involved, which shows that they do intend to invest time and money into this project.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? This doesn't excite me at all.

I'm not a big Rhino fan, especially since I never followed his career in ECW, WWE, or TNA. I can't really complain too much about this, but I'll say that you're right, Dragon Saga, that Rhino hasn't done anything big in many years and he's not a draw. His match with Homicide is said to be a "No Holds Barred Street Fight", which means that anything goes.

Who knows? The match at the iPPV could be brutal and crazy, since both guys specialize in those kinds of matches. And Rhino is only 35, which isn't too bad but definitely someone who you shouldn't push before all the great, new, young talent in ROH right now like Eddie Edwards and Michael Elgin.

I'm not a big Rhino fan, especially since I never followed his career in ECW, WWE, or TNA. I can't really complain too much about this, but I'll say that you're right, Dragon Saga, that Rhino hasn't done anything big in many years and he's not a draw. His match with Homicide is said to be a "No Holds Barred Street Fight", which means that anything goes.

Who knows? The match at the iPPV could be brutal and crazy, since both guys specialize in those kinds of matches. And Rhino is only 35, which isn't too bad but definitely someone who you shouldn't push before all the great, new, young talent in ROH right now like Eddie Edwards and Michael Elgin.

Indeed. I'm hoping he can give a performance which can make him relevant to wrestling again. If his WWE ended his relevance, asides from his first two years in TNA, his TNA run buried him. This is hopefully a ressurection of Rhino.

Ring of Honor has always been smart in how they work with veterans, and I don't see it changing now. Rhino's still a known name among North American fans that Sinclair's going to try and reach, though they could have gone with more recent names perhaps. *shrugs*

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I have always liked Rhino, I think he is more than worthy of a spot in one of the big 3 promotions, however I do think he needs to freshen up his act. He hasnt really changed at all since his days in ECW as The Rookie Monster, and then continued to play the same role in both WWE and TNA.

He was in the ICP's wrestling promotion til recently, which was shocking as he is far too good for that, so I am glad to see ROH bring him in. I hope to see a new Rhino, and as he is only 35 he has enough time to make an impact in the promotion. I hope he has the hunger back and freshens up a bit, and I look forward to seeing him work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back