ROH Manhattan Mayhem IV

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
I can't believe there isn't a thread on this show yet. It looks stacked beyond belief and if past Manhattan Mayhem shows are any indication, it's going to be a great show. It seems like ROH is putting more emphasis on this than the two Atlanta iPPV's, but those should come together. MMIV seems like the first must-buy DVD ROH has put on paper in a long time. Sure, other shows have been very good and became must-buys, but for the first time in forever an ROH looks like a must-buy on paper.

Let's take a closer look at each match.

ROH World Title Match
Roderick Strong defends against Eddie Edwards

I'm going to start off by saying this, I am a huge Eddie Edwards fan. I am also a fan of Roderick Strong, and unlike most ROH fans, I love how his title reign has been booked. Him winning matches clean and being a tough opponent only got him so far, but by turning to underhanded tactics and Truth Martini, he was able to win the title. It only makes sense that he continues to do this and I think it's great. I am really excited about this match and it should be a very good one. I am personally hoping Edwards wins the title, and based off the chaos of previous Manhattan Mayhems, something like that is completely possible. But as much as I hope it happens, I think Strong retains and continues his road to the inevitable rematch with Davey Richards.

Non Title Dream Tage Team Match
Kings of Wrestling vs LAX

I know I should get excited for this, but I just can't. I am tired of Chris Hero's loaded elbow pad shtick to help KOW win matches and he completely overuses the elbow shots. Homicide has been disappointing and I have never really been a fan of Hernandez. It should be a good match, but I'm not excited as everyone else seems to be.

Richards vs Daniels II-Pure Rules Match
This is the first Pure Rules match in forever. I can't remember the last Pure Rules match they put on. I haven't seen their first match from last year, but from what I've heard it was a great match. There is no reason to think this match will be any different. The Pure Rules gives this match an extra dimension for these two wrestlers to play with. I think Daniels will lose to Bennett the night before, so he will no longer be the Television Champion, but I honestly have no clue who will win this match. Daniels needs momentum towards his title match in Atlanta with Strong, and Richards needs to the win to continue his road to the title. No matter who wins, this will most likely be the best match on the show.

Tag Team Challenge
Briscoe Brothers vs All Night Express

The All Night Express had a breakout performance at the 9th Anniversary Show and hope to carry over the momentum here. The Briscoes put up a great showing against the WGGT at the same show, but came up on the losing end. This should be another very good match that I'm looking forward to. I see the Briscoes picking up the much needed win here.

Special Challenge Match
TJP vs El Generico

This match was announced Wednesay, and all I can say is holy crap! This should be a great match that has the potential to steal the show. TJP is a very good wrestler and from what I've heard had a great match against Davey Richards in California in January. El Generico is always great. I hope this match gets the time it needs to put on the match I know these two are capable of putting on. I'm going to pick El Generico on this one.

There are other wrestlers announced for this show, but they haven't been put in a match yet. This show looks outstanding on paper and I already can't wait for the DVD release.

Anyone else as excited as me?

Reactions: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back