• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROH & CHIKARA Present: Synergy

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/248605-roh-and-chikara-join-forces-for-first-ever-supershow

ROH and CHIKARA have officially announced their first ever joint-show, called Synergy. It will be taking place in Chicago Ridge, IL in late April. So far the only match advertised is Jigsaw & Hallowicked vs. The Briscoes for the ROH Tag Team titles, but I'm sure more will follow when they have things figured out. There will actually be TWO shows, and it's an all-day event. CHIKARA has its own event, "Hot Off the Griddle" earlier in the day at the Fieldhouse, and later that night both companies will come together for "Unity".

I know we don't get a lot of indie chatter in here, but I'm really excited for this. One because it's taking place in Chicago, and I can actually go (makes sense, it's ROH's best crowd), and because it's two awesome companies joining forces. ROH's fast-paced, mat style brawlers will go up against CHIKARA's high-flying comedy troupe, and it's going to be a very interesting combination of styles to say the least.

Are you excited about the first-ever ROH/CHIKARA show?
What matches would you like to see on the "Unity" card?

I am so pumped for this. I've been excited about a partnership between CHIKARA and ROH since ROH posted the picture of the Briscoes with the CHIKARA logo on it hyping the Proving Grounds match at the "Homecoming" show this past weekend. I was thrilled to see Hallowicked and Jigsaw get the win because it meant we would see the two companies work together at least once more in the future. I loved how some CHIKARA roster members came to ringside during that match as well.

I got even more excited when I saw they were running the "Synergy" shows, and I am unbelievable jealous you are getting to go. I don't see how it's anything but a positive for either company.

As for some matches I'd want to see, I've already given this a lot of thought. Here's some matches I'd love to see, in addition to the one we're already promised:

Michael Elgin vs Eddie Kingston
Future Shock vs Fire Ant and Soldier Ant
TJP vs Mike Quackenbush
Kevin Steen vs UltraMantis Black (Just because I want to see if they try to one-up each other's deviousness)

There are a lot of other CHIKARA wrestlers I'd love to see in ROH, but I have no idea who I'd want to see them up against.

I really don't know if this post made any sense as I was just rambling because of how excited I am for this.

You're quite lucky to be attending this event live.
If I were booking the card, here are some match-ups that would be cool to see...

Brisoces v. Hallowicked/Jigsaw (announced for ROH tag titles)
Eddie Kingston v. Kevin Steen
Richards/O'Rielly v. Taylor/Gargano for the campeonatos de parejas
Eddie Edwards v. Icarus
Roderick Strong v. Mike Quackenbush
Young Bucks v. Fire Ant/Soldier Ant (High Noon rematch)
Jay Lethal v. Tim Donst
WGTT v. The Throwbacks

It would be cool to see this become an annual thing. It would be appreciated if they announce plans to air this an iPPV so the rest of us outside of the Chi-town area don't have to wait for DVD.

I'm excited enough that I'm getting tickets for this over Extreme Rules. CHIKARA is probably at an all-time peak in exposure and popularity right now and ROH is still in the infancy of its new era. For these two companies to come together right now and put on an indy supershow of sorts is incredible news. It'll will be a lot of fun to see the CHIKARA guys fly all around an ROH ring while the ROH guys bring a stiffer, more-reality based style to the CHIKARA guys. This ranks just below MITB last year as far as shows I have anticipated going to, or even watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back