Rock Region, Seattle Subregion, First Round: (4) Andre the Giant vs. (29) Bobby Roode

Who Wins This Match?

• Andre the Giant

• Bobby Roode

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, Seattle Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

key%20arena%20tickets.jpg

andre-giant-hdr.jpg

#4. Andre the Giant

Vs.

IMG_8179.jpg

#29. Bobby Roode

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Bobby Roode is best known for his time with Storm as Beer Money and his first run as TNA Heavyweight Champion. Neither of these touch André, his "undefeated" streak of 15 years, his legendary feud with Hogan, and his legacy.
Vote André.

Roode is the longest reigning TNA World Champion, and part of arguably the most famous tag team in TNA history, so he deserves merit.

Andre has a posse though. He transcends pro wrestling. He is an icon.

I imagine if this match took place Roode may take Andre to a knee a time or two, but a few slams and a bearhug would end Roode after seven or so minutes.

I thought Rude was in a knock-down dragout against Sheamus in this round?

Nonetheless, Andre vs. the entire TNA roster, I'm taking The Giant everytime.

Anybody want a peanut?

Bobby Roode has had an awesome career in TNA both as singles and tag competitor. His tag team with James Storm i.e Beer Money is one of the best entertaining tag teams of the world.

But He is nowhere near the aura of Andre The Giant so I could see Andre going over although it wouldn't be a squash.

This is a tough draw for Roode, because I could definitely support him over some other names in this thing, but...Andre is unstoppable, especially this early, and I think it's a matter of time before he wins this whole thing. He's gone toe-to-toe with guys that are out of the stratosphere compared to Roode, and this would be an ugly squash.

Roode definitely has a good career so far. In fact, he does have that IT factor. He is entertaining in the ring, on the mic and anywhere. But, Andre the Giant is an Icon that stands tall forever. His legacy will never be forgotten. An Annual battle royal at Wrestlemania has been named against him, that signifies his legacy. Shame for Bobby Roode to be seeded with Andre in his very first round.

This is a mountain that Roode cannot climb. The guy is good, one of the best TNA ever had, but that is not enough to derail this legend off his path of destruction.

Andre wins and takes Roode's beer money like a big French bully.

Bobby Roode is best known for his time with Storm as Beer Money and his first run as TNA Heavyweight Champion. Neither of these touch André, his "undefeated" streak of 15 years, his legendary feud with Hogan, and his legacy.
Vote André.

The one he lost?

Roode held the world title in TNA for the longest time. Andre held the title for the shortest. Roode also was a dastardly heel using anything, everything and everyone so he could win. I'm sure he'd think of something to derail Andre.

I know people are going to come in and talk about TNA/WWE comparisons whatnot but it should be a lot closer than it inevitably will be

I love Bobby Roode. He should have been in WWE years ago, he's the total package and definitely has the IT Factor. He reminds me in many ways of Triple H. Maybe now he's left TNA, we'll finally see in the 'E?

Andre will win this, and rightfully so but I refuse to accept Bobby Roode getting whitewashed by anyone, he's better than that so he's getting my vote.

The one he lost?

How about the Battle Royals he won, where literally every other wrestler was trying to eliminate him? Or the time he did win the belt, and forfeited it to DiBiase?

Andre the Giant is one of the most successful and popular wrestlers of all time anywhere and Bobby Roode is one of the most popular wrestlers on TNA in the last 5 years. Ridiculously obvious who wins this.

The one he lost?

Roode held the world title in TNA for the longest time. Andre held the title for the shortest. Roode also was a dastardly heel using anything, everything and everyone so he could win. I'm sure he'd think of something to derail Andre.

I know people are going to come in and talk about TNA/WWE comparisons whatnot but it should be a lot closer than it inevitably will be

Comparing Andre at Wrestlemania 3 to Bobby Roode in TNA is just plain irresponsible. Looking at Andre in the 1970's and early 1980's in WWF as well as in Japan you wouldn't ever even so much as question the legitimacy of the competition he faces. Andre wasn't beaten in WWF until Mania 3 - that holds a HELL of a lot more weight than being a TNA World Champion.

Bobby Roode deserves his due, but this is a straight up squash match.

Poor Bobby Roode got a lousy draw in the first round. In these tourneys, there's always a small handful of wrestlers that are going to go over just about everyone else in a first round scenario and Andre is one of those wrestlers. Back in his day, Andre was a beast that was damn near impossible to defeat short of a count out or disqualification and while Roode could always hope for such an outcome, it's not likely to happen here. I enjoy Roode much more than I ever did with Andre, it also doesn't hurt that I can understand what Roode says without concentrating so hard on each word that I look like I'm sitting on the toilet constipated as I always did with Andre. However, against one of the most dominant of all time in any promotion in the world in a standard one on one match, I have to go with Andre over Roode.

SQUASH SQUASH UGLY MOTHERF*CKING SQUASH

Roode...jesus, do people have to give a reason why they would vote Andre here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back