Rock Region, Phoenix Subregion, First Round: (10) Batista vs. (23) Brian Pillman

Who Wins This Match?

• Batista

• Brian Pillman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, Phoenix. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona.

talkingstick.jpg

Batista-wwe-10387006-294-390.jpg

#10. Batista

Vs.

902013130153d2808ab1b4eb3035ee4f.jpg

#23. Brian Pillman

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Brian Pillman was a fantastic wrestler. Great curtain-jerker, solid tag man, could work wonders in the midcard. Had some stone cold classics versus Liger, been involved with some all time great feuds like Austin/The Hart Family, an excellent and influential gimmick with the Loose Cannon, and everyone said he was taken from us far too soon before he really could've shone as bright as ever in the WWF. Unfortunately for Pillman, Dave Batista is one of the biggest stars in WWE's recent history.

He's also had stone cold classics, he's also played his hand in legendary feuds and will go down as one of the most underrated main event stars in WWE history. He also happened to beat absoloutley everybody there was to beat in his era. Undertaker? Check. Triple H? Check. Edge? Check. Cena? Check. Orton? Check. I could keep going, but what would the point be? Batista's the bigger name, the bigger star and the deserving winner.

It's a damn shame Pillman never reached his full potential. Had it not been for the car accident that mangled his ankle and just plain shitty circumstances, Pillman very well could have been one of the pillars of the AE along with Stone Cold and Rock.

As we're not judging on potential though, Batista's got the accolades and the Mania main events, as Funkay mentioned he's beaten just about everyone there was to beat, plus I just like the guy. Batista wins it.

Pillman was a great character and earlier in his career a great wrestler too, he managed to make a name for himself and will rightly be missed. Sadly, I guess because his character wasn't a million miles away from his actual personality, the WWF never really eulogised him as much as they perhaps should have or as much as they did for other wrestlers.

Batista is one of the stars of the 2000s. Though he has been unfairly chastised by much of the audience, he has still managed to carve out a very successful career. Whilst I'm glad his film career took off, it's a shame it came at the detriment of his return to wrestling. All that said, he's probably a better wrestler than Pillman on the whole and should go through.

I do not care what argument anyone makes, my vote is going to Pillman, and I cannot be swayed. Yes, Batista has more championships, and shone brighter on a big stage, but Pillman is hands down one of the most entertaining guys to ever climb through the ropes. He did shit no one else would do in his time, and had classic matches with anyone and everyone. Everything from the first day to the last day of his career is just flat out awesome, and I'm hoping some of the Batista hate leaks through and Pillman can pull this off.

I'm sorry to all of you Pillman supporters, but he loses here and it really shouldn't even be close. For the life of me, I'll never understand why performers Pillman's size get continually overrated round these parts. It seems like if they're small and have a hint of athleticism or technical ability then they're great. Well, I hate to burst y'all's bubbles but Pillman never did anything outside of the mid-card.

I don't need to go over Batista's acumen. He could've retired just with what he did in Evolution in his bag and he'd still be better than Pillman.

Be objective and consistent and vote big Dave.

I'm sorry to all of you Pillman supporters, but he loses here and it really shouldn't even be close. For the life of me, I'll never understand why performers Pillman's size get continually overrated round these parts. It seems like if they're small and have a hint of athleticism or technical ability then they're great. Well, I hate to burst y'all's bubbles but Pillman never did anything outside of the mid-card.

I don't need to go over Batista's acumen. He could've retired just with what he did in Evolution in his bag and he'd still be better than Pillman.

Be objective and consistent and vote big Dave.

I saw Batista wrestle in WXW, and he basically a smaller Great Khali. Then he came to WWE and added 2 moves. Now he's all-time great? He was entertaining enough in his role, but that's it.

I'll be rocking my Cincinnati Bengals #97 jersey for this match up. However, as usual when wearing my Bengals gear I don't expect to get a bracket win. Pillman is one the industry's most unique individuals. Very talented in so many aspects. Unfortunately he never hit his full potential. Big Dave on the other hand has done it all. Doing it all includes the Diva's locker room. Have to give a hat tip to The Animal in this one.

Tough draw for Pillman. One of my favorites of all time. My god what a physical specimen he was and that mouth. Austin/Pillman WrestleMania 15...jeez what could've been.

But Its Dave here. The man right below Cena and a bonafide draw.

Nobody can convince me that Pillman has a chance here. Batista was a much bigger deal & was a juggernaut during his run at the top.

Batista. Machine gun entrance. FTW.

Had Pillman not succumb to injuries and his own personal demons, who knows where we would have ended up. Maybe he would have stayed in the midcard, maybe we would have been a top guy. He is one of wrestling's greatest what ifs?

Batista though was one of the bonafide stars of the 2000s. Multiple titles, multiple main events, and some classic matches along the way. He and Triple H may just have the best Hell in a Cell match of all time.

Dave wins.

Had Pillman not succumb to injuries and his own personal demons, who knows where we would have ended up. Maybe he would have stayed in the midcard, maybe we would have been a top guy. He is one of wrestling's greatest what ifs?

According to the Owens/Goldust match, we're now allowed to vote on what a wrestler will do, or could have done. So, I think it's okay to vote for Pillman, based on the fact that he clearly would have ridden Austin's coattails to the top of the WWE and done just as much as Batista, if not more, during the Invasion era and the timeframe shortly after when everyone was hurt or retiring.

Brian Pillman was a phenomenal talent, it's a shame we never got to see what he could have achieved during the attitude era, his persona would have fitted right in. However he was a midcarder, albeit a very good one.

Batista is a bona fide superstar, a main event draw and someone who can dominate pretty much anyone he gets into the ring with. He's got the accolades the size and power advantage over Pillman and will break him in half with a Batista Bomb for the 3 count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back