Rock Region, New York Subregion, First Round: (9) Vader vs. (24) Finn Balor

Who Wins This Match?

• Vader

• Finn Balor

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, New York Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York.

knickstax30s-ubi-web.jpg

nintchdbpict000282388320.jpg

#9. Vader

Vs.

Finn_Balor_bio.png

#24. Finn Balor

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I... have a confession to make. I'm just not into Finn Balor. I know I know, coming from an IWC mark like myself that sounds like the most irrational statement I could make. I'll probably out-do myself later, but Finn really doesn't do anything for me. He's athletic, but I'm no more impressed with him than I was with Alex Wright. He does a neat entrance, that reminds me of The Boogey Man. He's plastered in face paint, kind of like when Roddy painted half his body black. Nothing against Finn's apparently huge fanbase, he just doesn't work for me.

Vader made it damn clear that if you weren't tougher than him or you weren't the one who sold out the arena, he was going to make you hate life for the duration of the match. I can see Vader respecting Finn for being popular, but that would only get Finn so far. Unless there's a half a million dollars waiting in Vader's hotel room after the match, he's not letting the world see him get beaten by someone who's a third of his size.

Vote Vader.

I haven't seen enough of Finn Balor to warrant an unbiased opinion of him. I didn't follow him on the Indy's and I don't watch NXT, so his super push to the moon made little sense to me. All he managed to do was make both Reigns and Rollins look weak. And his injury right after winning the Universal title was incredibly fucking weak. Fucking Vader had his eye knocked out of its socket during a match, so he just shoved that shit back in and kept fighting. Balor seems like a China doll in comparison. How would anyone expect him to survive against this huge stiff brutal motherfucker?

Seriously though. Vader has absolutely everything over Finn Balor. He's a 9 time world champion across 3 different countries in 4 different promotions. Plus Vader has a Dragonball Z character that was created and inspired by him. That instantly makes him cooler than Finn Balor.

When I see this match on paper all I can think of is this.

[youtube]1LjzgoSKryc[/youtube]

Vader wins. GG no re.

Balor is very good, but apart from his time in Japan he hasn't wrestled much on the biggest stages. Yes he won the Universal Title but got injured in the process and hasn't wrestled since.

Vader is the sort of guy who injures people. He's big, strong and stuff as fuck with a proven track record of winning world titles in multiple companies. He'd dominate Balor and deserves to go through. Balor likely will be higher ranked next year when he returns from injury but at the moment he hasn't shown me enough to vote for him against The Mastadon

Vader's one of the best big men of all time and the first gaijin IWGP Heavyweight champion ever. He's sold out arenas across the world and has held three world championships on three different continents simultaneously. In his heyday Vader would have likely destroyed Finn Balor. Balor was never the headliner in New Japan though he came close, and while he did win the Universal strap basically right after his debut, we never got to see how he would have been received as a top guy.

Vader's a proven legend and has broken down wrestling barriers in more ways than one. Vader should win this one quite easily.

Man had his eyeball popped out by Stan Hansen and popped it back in.

But Vader got his ass kicked by paul orndorff with one good arm

Vader is tough, but I could see Finn destroying him on the big stage.

Vader was only as good as who they put against him.

Hi 1996 Hbk...

Vader may well be the last great super heavyweight to come along in pro wrestling in my lifetime. He's a proven legend in a number of different, major league companies, 3 time AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion, 3 time IWGP Heavyweight Champion and the first foreign wrestler to win the title, 3 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, sold out arenas throughout the world, etc.

Finn Balor is a guy I like and is arguably the biggest Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight/Junior Heavyweight of the past several years. Maybe in time, he'll be able to prove himself a dominant main event force, though I highly doubt it if Vince's plans for Roman Reigns are any indication.

In his prime, Vader would probably obliterate Balor. Vader went up against and went over a lot of stars in his prime, most of whom were ultimately much bigger stars than Balor has yet to be so when you tally everything up, I have go give it to Vader.

Vader lost to a hell of a lot more big names than he beat. Balor won the only match he's ever had in the US against a much bigger name. I think ultimately it's very easy to say 'oh Vader would crush him' etc, but I don't think that's the reality, and I don't think it's likely.

With that said, Balor hasn't yet had the experience to ensure that he can prove himself sufficiently better than Vader to overcome his obvious physical short comings. I'm going Vader, but it is nowhere near as open and shut as people are making out.

If Balor wouldn't have gotten injured after his Universal Championship victory, this match could've been a lot close than it was.

Vader is one of the best Super Heavyweights to ever wrestle and as much as I love Finn Balor, I can't vote Balor over Vader who has had a Hall Of Fame worthy career.

Balor could become a star and then the result would be in his favour but as of now, it's too soon.

Sorry Finn, gone. Vader is one of the best big men ever and an established legend. Even his work in NJPW can't make it up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back