Rock Region, Leeds Subregion, Second Round: (2) Ric Flair vs. (15) British Bulldog

Discussion in 'Rock Region' started by klunderbunker, Mar 25, 2017.

?

Who Wins This Match?

1. Ric Flair

2. British Bulldog

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a second round match in the Rock Region, Leeds Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the First Direct Arena in Leeds, England.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2. Ric Flair

Vs.

[​IMG]

#15. British Bulldog

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. SSJPhenom

SSJPhenom The Phenom of WZ

We all know who Ric Flair is and what he's accomplished in his career. We don't need to spell it out here. We also all know that the British Bulldog, while becoming moderately successful in wrestling, never reached his potential. More specifically, never got to where everyone thought he would get to.

Funny thing is, do you remember that year in the early 90s when Flair left WCW and went to WWF? I do! Did you know that Flair faced the British Bulldog on a few occasions and has been pinned, clean, by the British Bulldog? Now, of course that wasn't prime NWA Flair, but even in the WWF at that time Flair was still one of the top guys in wrestling.

Even with that info, however, I don't see how Flair could lose this match.

I'm going with Flair.

3. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Reaper of Miracles
    E-Fed Mod

I'm wondering since this match is in Leeds can Bulldog score an upset win? It's not like Flair hasn't traveled to different countries just to lose to a top star there. Bulldog counts as a top star in England right?

Otherwise I don't see any reason why Flair won't easily win this. He has everything over British Bulldog and then some.

4. sikkbones

sikkbones the root of all evil

Flair is the bigger star.

Had flair been the champion for the UK summerslam, bulldog would not have main evented.

Gotta give this to flair.

Sorry Davey

5. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

I don't think people have really understood how popular Bulldog was in England. He main evented Summerslam in a sold out Wembley stadium. The same stadium that has held the World Cup final. Wrestling events now don't sell out arenas less than a quarter of the size. I understand that he lost in the UK to Michaels, but Flair was much more likely to take a defeat that made sense, just like when he lost to the various Japanese wrestlers in Japan over the years. Bulldog would 100% win this match in Leeds, if not elsewhere.

6. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

I want to see Flair win one of these things, god knows he deserves it. Also, the face doesn't always have to win in his hometown. This opportunity would be used to get Flair some massive heat on his way to another championship reign... cus he had 16.

Flair wins as he should.