Rock Region, Leeds Subregion, First Round: (7) Daniel Bryan vs. (26) Perro Aguayo

Who Wins This Match?

• Daniel Bryan

• Perro Aguayo

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, Leeds Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the First Direct Arena in Leeds, England.

first-direct-arena400x264.jpg

daniel-bryan-retires-07.jpg

#7. Daniel Bryan

Vs.

perro-1.png

#26. Perro Aguayo

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

For those of you who don't know who Perro Aguayo is, he might well be the greatest rudo in Lucha history. El Santo's final rival, he is the definition of someone you pay your money to see lose. He's like a man possessed in the ring, using natural power and gritty brawling to overwhelm and conquer adversaries. He's terrific.

And yet I voted for Daniel Bryan. Why? He was the greatest in-ring performer of his era, mixing and matching his style versus a plethora of different opponents. He went from king of the indies to main event of WrestleMania, overcoming all obstacles in his way...that was until his major injuries and untimely retirement.

Bryan's legacy will come into sharper focus in due course and he will be celebrated the way he should. In the meantime, he surpasses Aguayo.

Perro Aguayo was most certainly over, but (from what I've seen) he would lose track of the script a lot during his matches and put a huge burden on his opponent and the ref to get things back on track. He was great, but I compare him to Ron Garvin in terms of comparable greatness.

Daniel Bryan was damn inspiring and he owned one of the greatest WrestleMania's of all time. He was great, and I compare him to Shawn Michaels in terms of comparable greatness.

Vote DB.

Perro Aguayo was certainly a big deal, but in most encounters I'm aware of he was a total piece of shit that lost at the end. A bit like the sort of people that Bryan was beating at his peak. Bryan never got to show what he could do with a long run at the top, but to get there was remarkable and should see him through.

I'm voting Daniel Bryan as he was the source of the greatest wrestling feud ever for me. Some might disagree but he's a living legend for me. He inspired me in my life when I was down. An inspiration is all you need the most at times which are bad for you. Authority Vs. Daniel Bryan will always remain a diamond/spectacle in my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back