• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Robbie E is the *NEW* Television Champion

SpecialFNK

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Robbie E defeated Eric Young (with help from Rob Terry) to become the NEW TNA TV Champion.

what does this do for the TV Championship?
can Robbie E hold the TV Championship for awhile?
does Robbie E bring more value/prestige to the TV Championship?

what does TNA/Eric Young now do with the old TNA world heavyweight title belt?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Jersey Shore came in and won the title. Or if Robbie took the title to the Shore and lost it in a bar fight.

Robbie E defeated Eric Young (with help from Rob Terry) to become the NEW TNA TV Champion.

what does this do for the TV Championship?
can Robbie E hold the TV Championship for awhile?
does Robbie E bring more value/prestige to the TV Championship?

what does TNA/Eric Young now do with the old TNA world heavyweight title belt?
well first off, i am GLAD he wins, with that said, i HOPE he loses this title REAL soon. Robbie E is what he is, dull in the ring and a lousy character. his act bores me to death. as for the questions..1) what does it do, nothing really, Robbie E is kinda dull.........2) can he hold it for a while, of course, look at Eric Young, he held it for what seemed like 2 months and what value does he bring, honestly, not much, if this was Bully Ray or Jeff Jarrett or Samoa Joe or The Pope, it would mean something, but no one really cares for Robbie E's character and i am one of them, i hope he loses this title ASAP, hopefully to the Pope who would then lose it to Bully Ray, but i dont see that.

As for the last question, i do NOT mind EY with the OLD TNA world title, i think that's ok since it's not an active title. the TV title is an active title which is why i didnt like EY holding it.

Goddamn it, I'm not a very big fan of Robbie E but at least its mixing things up having him as the new champion. I prefer Eric Young and I think he's more entertaining that Robbie but I can see this being something that motivates Robbie E and helps him improve in general. This doesn't really change much for the TV Title itself considering that both guys are kinda goofy and hard to take seriously but I think that with the help of Rob Terry, Robbie E could be holding that belt for quite some time. As I said it doesn't really do much to the belt in terms of prestige but I do always enjoy a champion who gets his ass saved and title retained with help from his manager so that could make for a decently long title reign and some entertaining matches.

I think this puts a nail into the coffin of the TV belt. It wasn't defended for months, EY was doing promos on TV with Scott Baio, it was a joke. The sad part is EY can wrestle. Robbie E is a joke in the same context as Disco Inferno. He is a squash guy that shouldn't be anything more. TNA jumped the shark with the whole Jersey Shore thing for the ratings tanked this past season and it's failing...so why hitch your horse to a losing show? To answer your questions: 1. it cheapens the title to a joke 2. They should get it off of him fast if they want to have any credibility for the title 3. The only way Robbie can bring prestige to the belt is if he lost it to someone like Rob Van Dam-who can actually defend it on a regular basis on TV.

As far as Eric Young, give him a shot at the X-division belt. At least use him in some capacity.

Honestly, if TNA wants any prestige on their TV title they need to give it to
RVD
Jeff Jarrett
Samoa Joe
Mr Anderson
Bully Ray
all of those would be way better choices for the champ IMO but it's TNA so it doesn't have to make sense.

They need to just scrap the leg...... Glo...... Television title, they don't have the time or creative department to make the belt matter.

Robbie E. having it is cute, but his character garners the bad heat that makes people turn off the TV. Removing a useless title brings the other ones up more than the TV titles worth, since there's less champions walking around.

TNA jumped the shark with the whole Jersey Shore thing for the ratings tanked this past season and it's failing

I haven't seen ratings for this most recent Impact, but the previous Impact that had Ronnie on with EY in the segment with Robbie E and Rob Terry was one of the highest on the show. it rated 1.34 during that quarter.
I myself am not a fan of Robbie E and this whole Shore gimmick. I don't think TNA should be going after fans from another show that airs at the same time as Impact.
I'd rather see "Robbie E" repackaged into another gimmick.

right now I think Robbie E should hold the title for a little while anyway. defend the title against lower mid card wrestlers and beat them. Pope, Kazarian, ect. then at some point I think Robbie E could lose the title too.. Crimson. having Robbie E win some matches against other credible opponents could help raise the level of the title some before Crimson wins it, so it doesn't seem so meaningless. once Crimson wins it, he could hold this title for awhile, while winning and continuing his streak. then that not only helps Crimson raise his value as he continues the streak while holding A title, but it also helps raise the value of the TV title as well.

i think this is a good move to keep this fued going i expect a rematch on impact before the next ppv and it was good to see EY drop the belt hes had it sense like may or june i think and hes done nothing with it i hope robbie e retains over EY in the rematch and then moves into a fued with pope over the title as it would be better then win the title,give the old champ their rematch and then never defend again until its time to enter the fued you drop it in

Totally worthless. Why putting the title on Robbie E? There are ton of guys you can put the title on and it will gain prestige. Samoa Joe, for example. Sometimes it amazes me how stupid TNA can be.

Robbie E winning the title means practically nothing. The TNA Television Championship is easily the most worthless title currently in use in any major wrestling organization, so it's not as if Robbie E winning it is going to hurt it.

Whenever a new champ is crowned, especially when it comes from the end of a reign which has meant nothing, there's always at least that little glimmer of hope that this next run is going to be better. At this point in time, that small shred of hope is really all Robbie E brings to the title at this point. I'm not holding my breath, however, that Robbie E is going to be anymore meaningful than Eric Young was.

It's being defended, isn't it? It's a television title. How much "prestige" would you like to add to it? The title is a mid-card title that mid-carders shoot for. At least it's actually being defended on television and at Pay-Per-Views.

People are getting too upset over such an minor detail here. Robbie E winning just assures TNA a mid-card feud between he and EY for the next month or so, essentially penciling in a re-match at the next PPV.

I don't see the problem at all, people saying it is a joke but its the Television title. Its a third tier belt and should be held by third tier wrestlers, what would putting the belt on RVD do? Nothing apart from mentioning ECW every couple of minutes. Joe would get nothing out of it, whereas the likes of Robbie E gain from it and they can use that belt as more of a testing ground for upcoming or unproven wrestlers. The old European title was used in such a way a one point too

I have belt in my closet that are probably worth more than the TV Title so it really makes no difference. If they give Robbie E some decent TV time with it and actually defend it every week or at a stretch two then fair enough I'll get more behind it.

I get what people say by saying it's a third tier belt or whatever but that doesn't mean it has to be worthless. When you've got folk refusing to fight Eric Young for it in the past why am I supposed to believe anyone would want to take it off Robbie E? Apart from possibly Eric Young.

At this point I don't care who has the belt. Eric Young had plenty of time to actually defend the title and they did nothing with him during his entire title reign. Robbie E will be no different. I want to say that Robbie E will make a small difference since he is essentially on TV every single week but something tells me that his title reign will go the way of his X-Division title reign, people will continue not to give a flying leap and his reign will be over in the blink of an eye. I agree that the title has to be on someone that people will invest in. If the WH title was on someone other than a TNA original or someone that people didn't care about then that title would be meaningless as well. I hope that Robbie proves me wrong though.

I can only see this as a good thing.

The first major hurdle to making that title worth something was getting it off EY.

Hopefully now Robbie E will fued with someone decent and they will take the title off him and were off and running.

I don't see the problem at all, people saying it is a joke but its the Television title. Its a third tier belt and should be held by third tier wrestlers, what would putting the belt on RVD do? Nothing apart from mentioning ECW every couple of minutes. Joe would get nothing out of it, whereas the likes of Robbie E gain from it and they can use that belt as more of a testing ground for upcoming or unproven wrestlers. The old European title was used in such a way a one point too

I guess it's a matter of opinion on what level the TV title is at. personally I see the TV title with a higher potential than the X Division title. I see the X division as the cruiser weight level and below the mid card level. I've never been a fan of the X division and having it with a title. it's a style. I'm not saying it sucks, it does have exciting wrestling.

while it would be nice if someone credible had the TV title, how would TNA get to that point from Eric Young? EY is funny. there was the connection there with EY and Robbie E seeing how Robbie E is a Shore guy based on the TV show Jersey Shore. now that Robbie E has the title I think it's easier to transition the title to someone else.

It's being defended, isn't it? It's a television title. How much "prestige" would you like to add to it? The title is a mid-card title that mid-carders shoot for. At least it's actually being defended on television and at Pay-Per-Views. People are getting too upset over such an minor detail here. Robbie E winning just assures TNA a mid-card feud between he and EY for the next month or so, essentially penciling in a re-match at the next PPV.
and why would i want to see that!!! i am SICK of EY's character. Santino as IC Champ is better than EY as TV Champ because at least EY isnt messing with the refs in the match and taking off his trunks. if this is a mid card title like the IC title or US title, then make it seem like it and help it build up Bully Ray or Samoa Joe or even Crimson. not a guy who's a comedy act or a guy who's not really cared for.
i dont consider it a 3rd tier belt (or i didnt at first), but now it seems like the Knockouts title is more important for a man to win than that TV title. what the belt would do for RVD, as of now, not much, but help the TV title become more known, i think the BEST fit for the TV title would be a guy like Bully Ray, Crimson or Daniels.

it's like i said, i am glad the title is off EY, but i hope that title leaves Robbie E. REALLY soon, i know people will say, but that makes the title less worth it because it changed hands so fast, but in my book, this title needs a credible champion, someone young, who the fans actually care about who is a believable champ, like Daniels, Kaz, Bully Ray, Crimson, Matt Morgan, Joe.

I'm not a fan of the Robbie E gimmick, but he's right where he needs to be as far as mid level talent goes. When was the last time EY had a regular match let alone defend the TV title? I know that Robbie leaves a sour taste in the mouths of the average TNA fan, but I think TNA might be trying to build up to something better in the long run with Robbie in the long run. It remains to be seen but time will tell. Perhaps a feud later on down the line with Kaz or Pope.

dunno why so few onhere see the potential and charisma this kid has. i said when he first showed up that he was gonna be big and i stand by that. gotta let his character grow and develop and keep him on TV! he is the best thing for the telly strap right now

i think alot of the shit that gets thrown at him by the non-believers is just them not being able to relate to the gimmick. which is understandable when u look at ur avg wrestling mark :)

but their are a shitload of folks out there that will love the gimmick and they just need to tune in

I have no idea what to make of this. I seriously dislike Robbie E. I just can't stand him at all. I mean, I guess that's the point but still. I was hoping for Eric Young to take this because I actually like him a lot (although I seriously miss his old World Elite persona... a lot) but hey, I guess this means the feud will continue and EY will get his rematch at the next pay per view, if not on free television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back