Rise and Fall: Triple H

WWE.IS.AWESOME

Future Women's Champion
That's right folks. This is another addition to my Rise and Fall series. In this thread, we are going to say the highest/most important/ memorable moment and/or time and the selected superstar's career, and then the worst/forgetable, rock bottom moment and/or time for said superstar.

This time I chose...

Triple-H-wwe-4684073-310-390.jpg

Triple H. Also known as The Game, The Cerebil Assasin, The King of Kings, Triple H has made history in the WWE. The question I'm asking you, is What was Triple H's best point in his career? and What was Triple H's worst point of his career?

Discuss.

Such a storied career.

Highest point- Evolution Era. He was ruling Raw. Had 2 protégées and a mentor. Absolutely devastated Raw.

Lowest point- After the DX reunion. More specifically, after WM25. He had a never ending feud with Orton and Cena. More talent jumped into the Main Event, he got injured. Not really a good way to go out.

Highest Point- Tie for Evolution and first DX. Two amazing groups that ran rampant over the WWE/F

Lowest Point- Obviously Katie Vick storyline. Kinda self explanatory

Are you first 2 guys serious about his highest point??
Highest Point: The whole DX/McMahon Helmsley Regime era. All his feuds during that period are GOLD....title reigns were great. I mean BECAME the cerebral assassin during that period. I remember when he "Broke" J.R's arm during a promo, classic stuff. Not to mention his weapon of choice *sledgehammer* was chosen during that time. All in all a lot of what makes him who he is today was created during that run.

Lowest Point: WM25. Being pigeon holed by the PG rating took away from what should have been a brawl and a classic of a title match. Not to mention he should have dropped the title that night anyway...

As specific as I can be:

Highest Point:

Evolution was amazing. DX was legendary. Both of those groups were staples in the WWE for years (both from storyline perspectives as well as the members themselves). I don't think either are the high point. If you have to narrow it down to one feud, angle, and match, I think it has to go to the buildup and match between himself and Mick Foley as Cactus Jack at the 2000 Royal Rumble.

The storyline leading up to match was near the top of the list for any storyline in his career. Right at the start of the McMahon/Helmsley Regime, this angle suspended the crowds disbelief enough that an actual "pull off the shirt" metamorphasis was not only believeable, but exciting as well. The firing of Foley and the subsequent "Bogus Mankind" promos were top notch in their ability to feel sympathetic with Mick (and were pretty damn funny too).

The match itself is my favorite match of all time. That's not to say that it's the best match of all time,or even close. The build up was great, the overall brutality of the match was memorable, and it told its story remarkablely. I think this was HHHs best in ring performance, and when everything is tied together is the most memorable period for HHH in my mind.

For as many highs as HHH has had, he's had a ton of lows as well. Others have mentioned a lot of post-WM25 situations, so I'll try to go a different route.

The 2nd ever Elimination Chamber with HHH defended the title against Randy Orton, Kevin Nash, Chris Jericho, HBK, and Goldberg was a pretty hyped match. I know personally I was nothing less than stoked for it; after all the first Elimination Chamber was amazing.

When the match finally starts, HHH stars in an inner chamber. When his door finally opens, he is immeditely SCM'ed stepping out of his chamber. He then stands up and doesn't participate in the match in the slightest - remaining in his inner chamber until everyone but Goldberg is eliminated. He then takes a few shots from Goldberg, gets slid a sledgehammer, and promptly hits Goldberg with it for the win.

Now, I've seen HHH put on poor matches. I give him a break as of late because he's gone through a lot of injuries and we all know he isn't what he used to be. But this one just disappointed the hell out of me - he was in his prime, it was a major title defense in a hyped PPV, and he put forth no effort whatsoever.

Greatest moment: Hitting HBK full steam with a sledge hammer between the shoulders. Trips had lulled Shawn into believing that they were going to reform DX then double crossed him and Pedigreed him. The following week he threw him through a car window face first. The two met in an unsanctioned street fight which the Heartbreak Kid won but it was the aftermath that was a landmark moment. Never has the sledgehammer been swung harder by Helmsley, Michaels was broke in half - heat? WOW the hatred in the Arena was palpable! To me this is still Mr Levesque's zenith as far as heat is concerned.

Worst moment: The loss to the Ultimate Warrior at WM12 - he hit the Pedegree in about 40 seconds which was completely no sold... a series of clotheslines, flying shoulder block, press slam and a splash and goodnight Connecticut Blueblood - the match only just broke the minute and a half time mark. Then for good measure he gets shown up backstage by Johnny B Badd. I'd be amazed if he isn't still having nightmares!

High Point: Hunter Heart Helmsley Era...he was best heel in the WWE at the time and had classic matches.

Low Point: His upcoming film The Chaperone...another failed WWE film and its a family comedy too you know its gonna suck hard.

Evolution Era. From 2002-2006 Triple H was the best heel in wrestling, and I still don't think we've been given a better villain since. Not only was his character the best in the WWE on its own, but he poured his experience into two other stars...stars that eventually became multiple time World Champions. Without the Evolution Era Triple H, we have no Randy Orton or Batista. Better yet, we don't have feuds like the ones he put on with Goldberg, the Rock, Shawn Michaels, and Chris Benoit. We don't have the epic moment where he turned on Randy Orton in jealousy, or when Big Dave decided to break from Evolution, beating the Game at Wrestlemania. Evolution is one of the greatest biproducts of WWE. Period. And along with that comes the King of Kings, Triple H.

Now...his worst moments were definitely the final resurrection of Degeneration X. The first time in 2006 was awesome, and it marked the first time Hunter was a face since 2002. But the last time was just a joke. Not only did it pollute Shawn Michaels' last run in the company, but it made Triple H look like a walking, talking advertisement for the WWE, and I just couldn't take him seriously. I hope that when he returns (hopefully this Sunday) we'll see a psychotic, animalistic character that just wants to rip Sheamus in half. No stupid jokes. No DVD promotions. Leave that BS to Cena. I want to see Triple H on his game (pun intended), tearing through the WWE locker room, instilling fear into the hearts of everyone he comes in contact with.

I will just do a time line. from 95-97 He was a good midcard heel. 97-99 He was a fast rising mid carder who used dx to get way over. 99-01 he was the biggest heel in pro wrestling and was a major draw. 02-05 again top heel in the business and formed a super force know as evolution. 2005-present nothing. It seems that after he lost to batista in 2005 that he has lost his mojo. He has has become really boring and stale. He can't draw anymore, well atleast not as much as he used to. I can't really even remember a memorable title reign or match since (besides of course wm 25.) He has just really fallen off.

Triple H?

High Point: 1999. When he broke off with DX & formed his own re'sume chasing the WWE Championship. Plus (Kayfabe wise) marrying Stephanie McMahon to gain power over the WWE. His rivalies with The Rock & Stone Cold Steve Austin captivated him to the top.

Low Point: After he lost evolution & dissed Ric Flair. He had nothing or No one to rely on but his Sledgehammer. Then theres the middle to end reign of DX fro 06-07. He was more Vulerable. In one case in an RAW episode of MSG HHH had came out with a damaged ear. Next was their rivalry with Rated-RKO. It started from Conchairto's to Triple H's knee injury. Hs career hasn't been the same since really.

High Point

Ignoring the obvious choices of the McMahon-Helmsley Regime, and his spells in DX and Evolution, I am going for a different choice, and it isnt even a match.

I am going for the ovation Triple H received when he returned on Raw on January 7th 2002 to announce his entry into the Royal Rumble when he came down to the ring in his leather/denim jacket and the ovation he received was incredible. It is still one of the loudest pops I have ever heard. The crowd showed their complete and utter respect to one of the best performers in the business. He left as a heel, but on his returned he was cheered as if he was Hulk Hogan. The WWE crowd showed how grateful they were to have The Game back.

For Triple H, this must have been an amazing moment. The sheer respect he received must have felt incredible for him. I love how Kurt Angle came out to spoil the party, and then Hunter ripped off his jacket, showing he was in the best shape of his life- jacked up beyond belief, and then destroyed Angle. Just an awesome moment. This was Triple H at his absolute best, and in his prime. Just getting a pop like that showed he was on top of the world.

[YOUTUBE]_N8tr_QDhDk[/YOUTUBE]

Low Point

His involvement in the Katie Vick storyline. Nothing more has to be said. Why Hunter agreed to do something like that is beyond me (I read he found the whole thing hilarious). It was offensive, distasteful and had no place on a wrestling show.

Just watch if you have never seen it. Triple H at his worst...hell the WWE at its worst!

[YOUTUBE]XcBOB_xGW5I[/YOUTUBE]

I think his highest moments were during the whole McMahon/Helmsley era...his matches were always really well hyped and they tended not to disappoint...his matches with Foley at RR 2000 and No Way Out 2000 were awesome and during this time he played the antagonist during my fave match of all time...HHH vs The Rock at Backlash 2000...the energy in that arena was incredible and the ending was awesome!

Lowest Point? Katie Vick...still gives me a headache whenever i'm reminded of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back