Rip Major Winters

Uncle Phatso

Mid-Card Championship Winner
For people who don't know the site just reported Cena tweeting on the passing of a WW2 vet, that was the star of the Hbo mini series and Book Band of Brothers. His name Was Richard "Dick" Winters. He served in the 101 Airborne division, paratroop. His story is that of a true war hero. Rip Major Winters you and your men have inspired me.

A quote
Winters quoted a passage from a letter he received from Sergeant Mike Ranney, "I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day when he said, 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said 'No… but I served in the company of heroes.'"

I urge now more than ever with the dwindling amount of Ww2 veterans alive today for you to get involved with a local Memorial or just to go out to your local cemetery for Memorial day. Most cemetery's in the Us have a vigil or a talker that speaks on behalf of the veterans on that day. I visit my local veterans building quite often or just walk to it to have somthing to do.

I've personally had a large group of my family in the military. We have a huge line of people in the army and we can trace them back to fighting at least into the beginnings of the Civil war. We are looking at the moment for a member that is thought to of fought in the Spanish American war. I've had a member in my family in every major conflict up until the Afghan war and Iraq war. I plan on going into the Army and Navy to get my college paid for, but more importantly to pay respects for my family members before me that paid the ultimate price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back