Rick Pitino To Sacramento?

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
According to both ESPN and Yahoosports, the Sacramento Kings have expressed interest in hiring Louisville head coach Rick Pitino to the same position. Allegedly Pitino has expressed interest in that position.

Now, I've been in this situation before. Following the 1997 season when Pitino's team was picked to run through the tournament as Louisville was this past season, Pitino bolted to take the Celtics job. For those of you that don't remember this, it was nothing short of a disaster. Pitino was ok, but rarely if ever above that. He also coached New York about ten years before that with far greater success: back to back playoff appearences and a winning record overall there. Therefore, his pro coaching tenure has been mixed. I guess he's not a terrible choice for the spot, but this just feels like UK all over again. Pitino has U of L at a very high level right now, their football team is way down so he's the most important man at that school at the moment, so why would he want to go to the NBA again? He's got a good thing going there, so why change that up? It's not like he failed in the pros, so he really has little to prove. Why go from one of the best college teams to the worst pro team? Just makes little to no sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back