Rich Franklin Vs. Dan Henderson II

Marquis

Yup, for some odd reason they decided to throw this match up yet again to headline UFC 103. I really don't see how this fight can benefit either fighter. Franklin wants to stay and fight at 205 for obvious reasons, while Henderson wants to stay at 185 and challenge for the belt again. Now it hasn't been clarified at what weight class this fight will take place in, but it won't benefit someone, or neither if this fight is yet again at catchweight. Well at least now we get to see hopefully a definite winner. Their fight ended in a split decision in which Henderson won, so as usual with split decisions it could have gone either way, though i had Henderson winning. And come UFC 103 i have Henderson winning yet again. Although Franklin now has experience against Henderson, and may make the proper adjustments to fight him, since well Henderson never changes his style really. I can't see Franklin getting a decision win over Henderson, since that's really the only way i can picture Franklin beating Henderson. I got Henderson winning this one again, via unanimous decision lay and pray. I think his wrestling will be too much for Franklin, and Franklin won't be able to stop him from getting him down.

The fight makes sense, I guess. I mean, Dan Henderson probably thinks he deserves a Title shot, and well... you could've judged that first fight against Franklin completely differently and have it be justified. So, before Hendo gets another shot at Anderson Silva, he should have to prove that he can defeat Rich Franklin decisively. And if Rich wants to be a contender for the Light Heavyweight Championship (which the LHW Division in the UFC is currently running short of contenders at the moment, especially if Rampage loses to Evans), he should be able to defeat Dan Henderson.

Plus... there's no one for Franklin to fight right now, anyway.

As far as how I think the fight will go... I think Hendo won't rely on his wrestling. I think his knockout win over Bisping will fill his head with confidence when it comes to standing-up, and he'll strike with Frankilin, most likely doing exactly what he did against Bisping: Just throw that overhand right repeatedly and pray one of them lands. And I personally think that will be Hendo's downfall. Bisping's a solid striker, but Rich Franklin is much superior and bigger, and plus I'm sure Franklin won't make the same mistake Bisping made. So, I see either Franklin winning a unanimous decision, pr perhaps even getting a knockout.

Should be a great fight however it goes honestly, and the rest of the card is solid as well. Looking forward to it.

Just watched some of the first fight on UFC unleashed that aired tonight. It was a pretty good fight. I'm looking forward to this fight becuase the way I see it whoever wins will be next in line for a title shot.

I think the winner will be decided if the fight goes to the ground or if it stays stand up only. If it goes down to the ground I think Hendo will win. If it stays striking I think Franklin will win. My guess is the same as jmt's that Hendo is going to get to confident about his stand up and lose viva unanimous decision. This fight will be pretty good I'm looking forward to it and the rest of the pay per view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back