Ric Flair to wrestle soon?

legendkiller420

Occasional Pre-Show
ok so wrestlezone says that he will be wrestling soon imo someone his age should not be wrestling at all but we all know this is ric flair we are talking about he has a big ego ok now with that being said if you where a tna writer and booker who would you have ric flair fued with?who would befit more from gettin the rub from ric flair? would you have ric flair go over his opponent?or would you have him put someone over? and also how would you start the fued?

Ric Flair should not wrestle. Forget the age thing, forget any of the "his matches won't be the same" stuff. He worked well enough to do alright at the end of his WWE tenure and he'd work just fine in TNA. No worse then Foley, Nash, Hall, Nastys, etc.

With that said, if Ric Flair wrestles, I will lose even more respect for him than I already have. Two years ago, Ric Flair made a promise to wrestling fans and more specifically, to Shawn Michaels. Ric wanted a big sendoff and he got it. He got perhaps the greatest retirement sendoff in history. Shawn and Ric even commemorated the occasion with solid gold watches. That moment of Shawn saying "i'm sorry, i love you" was so real and passionate, it's one of those moments that wrestling fans will never forget. However, all it took was a paycheck and "Naitch" will get back in and grapple?

I personally believe that your word should mean something and his apparently does not. I think it's a disgrace to Shawn, a disgrace to his friends in WWE, and a disgrace to the fans to go back on that word. I understand so many wrestlers never truly retire and can always do "one more match", but this time should have been different. Most wrestlers don't get a moment like that. It's about respect and I don't think this is a sign of it. The whole retirement angle means absolutely nothing. What if Flair wrestles Mr. Anderson? He was one of the guys who tried to retire Ric. He was with the company and knows damn well what Ric said and what that retirement should mean. I think it's disgusting the Flair would even consider getting back in the ring. I'm sorry, but I cannot support it. I don't have much respect for Flair as is and this will only make it worse.

No just no.If Ric wrestles i will never watch TNA while ric is in TNA.Thats just like asking Hulk Hogan to go back and wrestle but hogan is smart and wont.

JJ dont you remember?last year when Ric came back to help batista during the orton/tista feud he fought a match against orton i think.

no ric hasnt wrestled in the wwe since he retired the closest thing he came to wresting again in the wwe is was a parking lot braw with Y2J

Hey JJ,

The promise has already been broken. Ric and Hogan put on matches 3-4 nights in a row during Hogan's Australia tour several months back. The fans loved the matches and they said it was pretty decent. Ric and Hogan will always get the "one more match" and "you still got it" chants no matter how old they get.

I don't want to see Flair wrestle, but there's a very good chance it will happen. He's going to do what he's going to do, and nobody can stop him. I didn't see the matches he recently had with Hogan on his tour, but the reviews I read online didn't have too many positive things to say about those matches. Flair did have possibly the greatest send off we will ever see a pro wrestler have, and YES, it has become tarnished. I was there at Wrestlemania 24, and it was such a surreal moment being there while he got that standing ovation. Still, it's his life, and if he wants to wrestle again, then it's going to happen, whether we like it or not.

I think Flair's first opponent will be Hogan. He hinted at this in a promo he did a little back on Impact. If this were 15 or 20 years ago, then yeah, I would love to see this match, but now, I don't really care to see it. Flair can still probably WRESTLE, but the odds of him putting on a good or decent match are probably slim to none. If this does happen, I hope it won't be on a regular basis. If he starts wrestling again, it should happen every once and a while because there are plenty of other TNA wrestlers who can use some much needed TV time.

Hey JJ,

The promise has already been broken. Ric and Hogan put on matches 3-4 nights in a row during Hogan's Australia tour several months back. The fans loved the matches and they said it was pretty decent. Ric and Hogan will always get the "one more match" and "you still got it" chants no matter how old they get.

I know he already broke that promise, and I lost respect for him then. This would be on television for all to see though so it's an even worse step. Think of it this way. The Hulkamania tour is like playing semi pro baseball or something but going back on television for a match is like trying to make it back to the big show. I just feel like anything that he does at this point cheapens that special moment at WM24. It's like Michael Jordan coming back to the Wizards. Don't we all wish he ended his career on that shot against the Jazz?

I know he already broke that promise, and I lost respect for him then. This would be on television for all to see though so it's an even worse step. Think of it this way. The Hulkamania tour is like playing semi pro baseball or something but going back on television for a match is like trying to make it back to the big show. I just feel like anything that he does at this point cheapens that special moment at WM24. It's like Michael Jordan coming back to the Wizards. Don't we all wish he ended his career on that shot against the Jazz?

Well with Ric Flair returing to the ring. I guess it's good news for Shawn Michaels who thought he had to live with the pain of retiring the man who he idolized as a youth. But pisses off the WWE due to the sendoff that they gave the nature boy.

All I have to say about this matter is that I really hope that Ric Flair knows what he's doing? Now I know that Ric's been through another divorce and needs the money, going back to why he agreed to wrestle on the Hulkamania tour jobbing to Hogan each night. But I never though in a million years that Ric Flair would sign with TNA. What a way to burn your bridge with the WWE Ric!

It is huge disappointment if he wrestles again.

As some other posters said,he had the best sendoff in the industry history.Saturday he was inducted into Hall of Fame.Sunday he had his greatest match in 2000's an monday at Raw He had his Final night.WWE devotes its 3 golden night to Flair,but he did'nt do the right thing.

It's a shame for him and TNA if he returns to ring again.

I believe the thread was trying to avoid the whole "How do you feel about it?" issue and focus on "How would you handle it?" instead. Personally, regarding the first question: I hate it.

Second, if I were in charge of doing it, I would have Ric try to get in the ring again, AJ tell him not to (while trying to keep him as a manager instead) while belittling him for his age, ego, and the fact that he's spitting on the greatest retirement ever. I'd have Ric win against a few low-midcarders before having AJ beat his ass in an "If I win, you manage me and nothing more - if you win, you're a wrestler" match. Could be a good fued with a good build up that 1) gave Ric a few more matches, 2) Made sure Ric STAYS down this time, and 3) gives AJ a lot of publicity

The only reson that fans don't want to see Flair wrestle is because it ruins the match build up to wrestlemania 24. I dont want the only tears I relate to wrestleing to be for nothing. If Flair had just up'd and left WWE with no retirement angle, this could be a different story.
Either way, I wont care if he wrestles and it wont bother me too much. Hell, if you got a itch then you scrach it. So I dont think we should shun him from the ring just beause of his match at WM24. I hope he puts on a good match a TNA and keep fans happy.

I'm goign to keep this 100% Kayfabe.

[YOUTUBE]VlWnzZmizds&[/YOUTUBE]

Naitch says he will neeeeeevah retttttttiah!

Vince McMahon the says if he loses he has to retire. I.E this was a forced retirement in a company that Flair is no longer apart of. Why should we get annoyed at that?

However lets get on topic:

Who should Flair face? That's a tough one, it needs to be someone who's in the midcard who's never held the main belt before, who could do with that push up to the next step. Whilst I can't think of a person who it should be, Flair should definitely either lose to him as if not what would be the point in Flair coming out of retirement to squash some midcarder in TNA?

No one, no one, not a soul of the roster. Not one punch, not one thing. Maybe a behind the scene guy who helps the wrestlers out, but I don't want to see him wrestle on Impact, or at a TNA PPV. He just would suck. I think the guy should of started his own promotion if he needed cash, or start his own academy.

Who cares? His promise was broken..lol You poor things you feel so sad for HBk and now Ric Flair has gone back on his word..lol Flair is playing a heel anyway. I say go for the throat and play on the promise to his fans and HBK. Plus its Ric Flair. Favre played a real sport at age 40 and had his best year ever. Wrestling is just a ballet show in the ring. Although TNA may not have any wrestler who could make him look as good as HBk did I am sure his match would still get more ratings than Jay Lethal or Amazing Red. He is Ric Flair.

This is simply the reason why TNA will never be on the level WWE is. The cancer in TNA is the TNA loyal fans. I have never seen a bigger bunch of complainers and babies. You cry when 6 sided ring is gone which looked stupid anyway. Then Hogan and Bishoff come in. Think of how many stars the old ECW roster lost on talent raids back in the day. Those fans stuck by thier company anyway. They even went from hardcore,to cruiserweight, to down played hardcore and still the fans were thier chanting.

Look at the Impact fans they look asleep. Everyone on here bithcing about TNA. The four sided ring is better. Hogan/Bishoff era is working better than anything Samoa Joe,Daniels,Aj, or any of the TNA originals could ever do. The veterans are working. Its all working and the proof is the ratings are up. In fact I think last week was one of thier best shows.

Flair or Hogan if either comeback it will be a high rated show or PPV for Impact it doesnt matter if a couple of forum posters like it or not. The majority of the people like seeing the old guys and with a mix of young guys. Support TNA they are trying to give you a choice instead of WWE. Stop pissing on the little shit you dont like. I have watched WWE lately and they are getting a little better. TNA will need support from true fans not a bunch of babies that the impact zone contains

Ric Flair is going to wrestle soon?

I thought he may wrestle for TNA's Bound For Glory PPV. I was surprise that Flair was wrestling over seas but I thought he retired for good. Wrestling I mean. I guess those guys at the WWE were pissed.

To the Nature Boy I believe he can still go but in TNA? I don't know. Questions come to mind.

1.Will he go against the young lions or the old school wrestlers?

2.Can he still take a good bump?

3.Or is still trying to prove to himself that he is still the dirtiest player in the game?

Hmmm..........?

Flair's WWE sendoff was great but that isn't the reason why I wouldn't want to see him wrestle again. In spite of the countless people WWE has screwed over, people STILL are angered by the thought of Flair wrestling after the retirement they gave him (In my opinion they could use a slap in the face for some of the crap they've pulled). It's Flair's career, not anybody else's, so if the WWE retirement sendoff wasn't enough for them then I believe he has every right to continue wrestling.

However, I would not want to watch him wrestle. I really doubt the TNA fans would be welcoming to that. If I had to watch Ric Flair wrestle a match, looking like his heart is about to give out, while the TNA crowd is berating him, I'd have nightmares. Not to mention, I doubt Flair would lose whatever match they placed him in, and I agree with Lee, I don't see a point in him just squashing some of the roster.

Who should Flair face? That's a tough one, it needs to be someone who's in the midcard who's never held the main belt before, who could do with that push up to the next step. Whilst I can't think of a person who it should be, Flair should definitely either lose to him as if not what would be the point in Flair coming out of retirement to squash some midcarder in TNA?[/QUOTE]

I personally have no problem with the Nature Boy getting back in the ring, because he can still go, and he has proved that time and time again. As for who he could face, I think he could have great matches with Pope, or maybe launch a singles push for Robert Rhoode.

I'm against it for a number of different reasons although I don't particularly think any reason is singularly m ore important than others.

We can't pretend that Ric Flair's age isn't an issue. We've all seen wrestlers in our time wrestle well into their 40s and into their 50s even most of them shouldn't have in my view. Ric Flair is 60 years old, we are officially talking geriatric territory. I'm not saying that to put the man down because I love the guy. Some of my favorite wrestling memories come from watching him. But Flair is at a point in his life, and really has been for a long time now, in which most of his matches have been subpar. One reason why I'm typically against watching wrestlers 50 and older wrestle is simply because their matches are almost always horrible. Also, I'm concerned over Flair's health. Now, the man's gonna do what he's gonna do, nothing I can do about that of course. I know I'm not family or even anything to the man, but that still doesn't mean that I like the idea of watching a legitimate and certified old man possibly hurt himself.

Ric Flair wrestling again, in my view, really just cheapens the whole retirement angle that the WWE did with him beginning in late 2007 and culimating at WrestleMania 24. We've all seen retirement matches before but Flair's retirement was turned into a full blown event and was, arguably, the centerpiece of WrestleMania in 2008. Even though we all knew that Flair was going to lose to HBK, it was alright because I think that just about everyone knew and accepted that it was time. He was given the greatest send off any wrestler in pro wrestling history has ever gotten and wrestling again just makes it seem like it's all for nothing.

Flair wrestling in TNA is an example of something that I was worried was going to happen when Hulk Hogan came to TNA: Hogan's buddies/associates and older wrestlers in general stealing the spotlight. Like I said, I love the guy to death but he's had his times in the sun and they've been among the brightest of the bright. Ric Flair wrestling again isn't going to build AJ Styles up to any degree, it's not going to increase his stock. The only person that I think ultimately benefits from this is Ric Flair and that isn't what TNA needs right now.

If Flair does wrestle again, it'll probably be on rare occassions. That's all well and good but it still doesn't render any of those reasons I'm not too wild about this invalid. TNA needs to focus on building young stars because, let's face it, they don't really have any aside from AJ Styles. In the three and a half years or so I've watched TNA, AJ Styles is the only young guy in TNA that ultimately stands out and could be the face of the company.

Please.....no. Flair has ZERO business inside the ring. I don't care what he's done before. He's old now. If he wants to be around without wrestling that's fine, but the problem becomes simple: anyone he beats lost to a man in his 60s. WHy in the world would I buy that as believable? He's a big name and while I think him with AJ is stupid still, he's doing what he can do best now: talk. Flair has no business in the ring, but he'll do it anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him wrestle which would be a disgrace to Shawn Michaels and the entire wwe. He got the greatest send off in history plus how could him wrestling help tna. Before long Hogan will be in the ring too.TNA is looking more and more like wcw it wont be long before they go under too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back